Here is something to bake your noodles...

Now that both Asif and Akhtar are out of the tournament as speculatively speaking, their blood is still inundated with illegal amounts of anabolic steroids, they are not going to the World Cup. There are two replacements in their place who will probably play the first one or two games in the group stage of the tournament, but consider this: If pakistan were to suffer any more injuries on this tournament, i.e. if two players were ruled out due to injury, Pakistan is permitted to pick two more players from the 21 short listed players: 16 in the team and 5 reserves. i.e. if in two weeks time, when akhtar and asif are probably going to be drug free, they could very well be eligible for a recall. If such a scenario does arise, keep in mind India exploited this rule some time back during the second Sahara Tournament where the big guns such as Azhar and Tendulkar were playing the notoriously pointless Commonwealth games in Singapore and Malaysia, for the fifth and final ODI, Tendulkar was recalled in place of a player who was injured in the third game; what would be your response? Would you threaten to boycott the tournament in protest of the absolute mockery of the rules these two players are indulging in? or would you be up for a challenge, desiring to see India beat Pakistan even after the later resolves to unfair means and engages in some grotesque manipulation of the game!?

Re: Here is something to bake your noodles...

That thought did cross my mind ... but I doubt the PCB will take that option ... besides I dont think its that easy to get rid of these drugs in next month or so and PCB would not like to mess with the ICC since Speed came out openly blasting Pak on this issue.
Bheembhai, they were first found with the drugs in their system over 5 months ago in october. if the drugs were administered orally, they would have washed out by the 12th week since last administration, but those administered intravenously as i feel is the case in this situation, they require 6 months to wash out. which is just what might be happening here. i can bet you a good dollar that asif and akhtar are being oiled in auyervedic oils right now and then given elaborate toxin removal therapy. i can identify with them for just a bit since i had to lose 12 pounds in 4 days (for reasons that i need not bother you with), and all i did was eat steamed broccoli and drink lots of distilled water for 4 days along with some steam baths and some running... before you know it, virtually all trace particles usually present in the blood stream are washed out!

Re: Here is something to bake your noodles... Back to the OP, good points raised. But if flushing out the drugs were so easy, what were they doing until now ? There was a good 6 month time window between Champs trophy & world cup. Why wouldnt they wait till now to enter a rigorous therapy. PCB is capable of anything, but i doubt inspite of their "Thug protection program", they will drag this issue any further -- for it will only anger the ICC and the world more & will tranish their image forever.

Back to the OP, good points raised. But if flushing out the drugs were so easy, what were they doing until now ? There was a good 6 month time window between Champs trophy & world cup. Why wouldnt they wait till now to enter a rigorous therapy. PCB is capable of anything, but i doubt inspite of their "Thug protection program", they will drag this issue any further -- for it will only anger the ICC and the world more & will tranish their image forever.
the thing is that for intravenously injected drugs, you need some serious voodoo magic to remove their signature. infact, anabolic steroids can leave a virtually permanent signature in the body. for instance, did you know that by analyzing every layer by layer of your nails, one can go as five years and pin point at what junction you were hooked on cocaine, at what junction you received insulin injections and at what junction you suffered from malaria and hence took chloroquine. the point is, that if they are recalled to the team at a most opportune junction where they are drug free, then irrespective of the tests conducted by the ICC and WADA which are more conventional that some of the advance, borderline forensic tests that i just described; they will be found drug free. and then if they are recruited into the squad, must we all just sit with our hands crossed at this grotesque violation of the sport? here at my university a few of the pakistani blokes that i know were the ones to suggest this notion, and to be honest i was a bit astounded at their utter disregard for sportsmanship! instead of lighting fires under the feet of these violators, they keep mentioning other athletes who were similarly charged, especially the ones who were found not guilty (under extraordinary circumstances mind you).

The thing is that for intravenously injected drugs, you need some serious voodoo magic to remove their signature. infact, anabolic steroids can leave a virtually permanent signature in the body. for instance, did you know that by analyzing every layer by layer of your nails, one can go as five years and pin point at what junction you were hooked on cocaine, at what junction you received insulin injections and at what junction you suffered from malaria and hence took chloroquine. the point is, that if they are recalled to the team at a most opportune junction where they are drug free, then irrespective of the tests conducted by the ICC and WADA which are more conventional that some of the advance, borderline forensic tests that i just described; they will be found drug free. and then if they are recruited into the squad, must we all just sit with our hands crossed at this grotesque violation of the sport? here at my university a few of the pakistani blokes that i know were the ones to suggest this notion, and to be honest i was a bit astounded at their utter disregard for sportsmanship! instead of lighting fires under the feet of these violators, they keep mentioning other athletes who were similarly charged, especially the ones who were found not guilty (under extraordinary circumstances mind you).
I agree totally, THX. The complete lack of conscience on the part of Pakistani fans is really worrying. It suggests a level of moral bankruptcy where right and wrong are no longer mutually exclusive. BTW, THX can you provide a reference for the nail thing?

The thing is that for intravenously injected drugs, you need some serious voodoo magic to remove their signature. infact, anabolic steroids can leave a virtually permanent signature in the body. for instance, did you know that by analyzing every layer by layer of your nails, one can go as five years and pin point at what junction you were hooked on cocaine, at what junction you received insulin injections and at what junction you suffered from malaria and hence took chloroquine. the point is, that if they are recalled to the team at a most opportune junction where they are drug free, then irrespective of the tests conducted by the ICC and WADA which are more conventional that some of the advance, borderline forensic tests that i just described; they will be found drug free. and then if they are recruited into the squad, must we all just sit with our hands crossed at this grotesque violation of the sport? here at my university a few of the pakistani blokes that i know were the ones to suggest this notion, and to be honest i was a bit astounded at their utter disregard for sportsmanship! instead of lighting fires under the feet of these violators, they keep mentioning other athletes who were similarly charged, especially the ones who were found not guilty (under extraordinary circumstances mind you).
I agree totally, THX. The complete lack of conscience on the part of Pakistani fans is really worrying. It suggests a level of moral bankruptcy where right and wrong are no longer mutually exclusive. BTW, THX can you provide a reference for the nail thing?
actually its not just your nails... any part of your body that has complex proteins in it will display those characteristics. infact, cocaine damages your mitochondria and by analyzing the mitochondrial damage one can put a figure on the periodic dosage the individual took. hence, the nail thing can be extended to other things that contain proteins such as hair, eye lenses (that thicken with age) etc. i would be unfortunately hard pressed to provide a reference as this is knowledge i procured from random reading over the years, not something recent. i will try none the less. btw, these tests are very very expensive as mitochondrial tests require powerful centrifuges, and electron microscopes. these are rarely ever used on a day to day basis and these tests are usually the fancy of forensic archaeologists and anthropologists. at times the FBI uses its resources at Quantico towards particularly convoluted cases.

Re: Here is something to bake your noodles... The following scenario would be beautiful: The 3 crappest Pak players get 'injured' just before April the 15th. Everyone suspects Pakistan is lying to get the recovered Razzaq, and the Drug free Asif and Akhtar in the squad, knowing they need to beat India. After much controversy, they bowl first, Tendulkar opens, and first ball from Akhtar, he cuts the ball even higher into the stands than his famous 6 at Centurion. Akhtar finishes with his most expensive figures (beating his current most expensive ODI figures in a certain match 4 years ago). Asif is pounded for 60 runs off 4 overs, and is taken out of the attack for good. Tendulkar reaches his century this time, and celebrates by staring at substitute Azhar Mahmood and mouthing "What about that?, Behen-Chohd?". India win by a crushing margin, and shortly after the match, Asif and Akhtar fail another drugs test... I can dream!...

Re: Here is something to bake your noodles... It is a tricky situation indeed and won't put past PCB administrators. They are all morally bankrupt anyways. I think the have already set a very dangerous example for the upcoming players. Similarly a year or two ago it was reported there were considerable number of chuckers in the junior and domestic grade cricket in Pakistan. This clearly shows the younger generation just tries to emulate their heroes without having the ability to differentiate what is right or wrong. Pakistan cricket has often set very bad examples and they are only dealing with the monster that they fed since a while.

The following scenario would be beautiful: The 3 crappest Pak players get 'injured' just before April the 15th. Everyone suspects Pakistan is lying to get the recovered Razzaq, and the Drug free Asif and Akhtar in the squad, knowing they need to beat India. After much controversy, they bowl first, Tendulkar opens, and first ball from Akhtar, he cuts the ball even higher into the stands than his famous 6 at Centurion. Akhtar finishes with his most expensive figures (beating his current most expensive ODI figures in a certain match 4 years ago). Asif is pounded for 60 runs off 4 overs, and is taken out of the attack for good. Tendulkar reaches his century this time, and celebrates by staring at substitute Azhar Mahmood and mouthing "What about that?, Behen-Chohd?". India win by a crushing margin, and shortly after the match, Asif and Akhtar fail another drugs test... I can dream!...
I can sense your love for PAK. :wtg: