Colour of skin comes in to play - dark cheerleaders told to leave

swami1984

This was in the London evening papers today not giving India a good reputation one of the cheerleaders said they were constantly being called "niggers" now im not too sure about that, do they use language like that in India?? maybe im just naive

This was in the London evening papers today not giving India a good reputation one of the cheerleaders said they were constantly being called "niggers" now im not too sure about that, do they use language like that in India?? maybe im just naive
The english word ? No. But kaliya, kaale, kalootay, etc. are used quite often

The english word ? No. But kaliya' date=' kaale, kalootay, etc. are used quite often[/quote'] Well they claim it was used these are the words of the cheerleader "An organiser pulled us away. He said the people here don't want to see dark people. The nigger word was used and they said they only wanted beautiful white girls" heres a photo of the article http://i29.tinypic.com/29nvzma.jpg

Punjab actually had cheerleaders of mixed color in the initial couple of games. Then they snatched the ICL cheerleaders afterwards. Its obviously wrong whatever the management did. Its good that it came in the media. Hopefully this will bring more awareness to this issue in India. I am not sure about the "n" word being used in India. I wonder if the general public knows about it. However, as mentioned earlier calling names like kala , kalia, etc are quite common, even in movies

It's a pretty well known fact that Indians prefer the fairer skin. Now in what is essentially a titillating job ie. half nude cheerleaders shaking their hips, it's pretty natural that the ones conforming to the liking of the majority of the audience will be preferred. It's a job giving eye candy to the spectators not some racial integration exercise. Why not have fat, mentally challenged, physically handicapped cheerleaders as well then? Simply put, in the Indian context being dark makes them not qualified enough for the job.

Yeah......i never understood y it is ok to beat ur wife in Saudi arabia but its not ok to do it here
Yeah.....I never understood why my Pakistani friends in the US don't get offended at the word Paki, infact use it on their own volition, just beacuse it's racist in the UK.

I'm a bit surprised to read that shwetabh also thinks "this is no big deal"! Oh well!
I am all for racial integration in cheerleaders as long as you are willing to assure me that mentally challenged, physically handicapped, fat, bald people will also have their fair representation without discrimination.

wow really mean and harsh, dude they came there to have a good time and get respect, what the fuuck is the problem if they are black, im sorry to say this but if Murali and Jaya play cricket why cant they have cheer leaders who are black? thats real mean really disrespectful and mad shameful GROW UP INDIA

I am all for racial integration in cheerleaders as long as you are willing to assure me that mentally challenged' date=' physically handicapped, fat, bald people will also have their fair representation without discrimination.[/quote'] We get racial integration and fair across-the-board quotas in cheerleading, and we get Jabba the Hut waving pom poms.

wow really mean and harsh' date=' dude they came there to have a good time and get respect, what the fuuck is the problem if they are black, im sorry to say this but if Murali and Jaya play cricket why cant they have cheer leaders who are black? thats real mean really disrespectful and mad shameful [/quote'] This may come as a surprise to you, but Indians could make the reddest of rednecks in the deep south look tolerant. That's how racist they are.