Mumbai crowd

kooljatt

MUMBAI: Victorious Punjab Kings XI skipper Yuvraj Singh said Mumbai Indians captain Sachin Tendulkar's run out was the turning point in the nail-biting IPL match which the visitors won by just one run. "While Sachin Tendulkar was at crease I thought he would stay till end. After he got out the momentum shifted in our favour," Yuvraj said. Tendulkar, who top scored with 65, was run out on the last ball of the 17th over when the home team were well poised for their seventh successive win at 159 for 3. Speaking about his dramatic run-out effort off the last ball to send back the home team's number eleven batsman Vikrant Yeligati, Yuvraj said that he had decided if the ball came to him to rush to the stumps instead of taking a potshot at the wicket. "I knew that if any of the circle fielders had got the ball, they would have thrown at the stumps. But it came to me and I had planned that I would run with it to the stumps," he said. Despite the victory, Yuvraj felt that his team's bowling and fielding fell short of expectations. "We dropped a couple of catches and the match could have gone either way but luck was on our side," he said, adding that the 17 runs given away in the last over was "not good", except for leg spinner Piyush Chawla. "Chawla bowled well and anytime in tight situations whenever I give him the ball he does the job," Yuvraj said. He defended his decision to bring on VRV Singh to bowl the final over despite the fact that over 40 runs were scored off his first three overs. "Bringing on VRV was not a gamble. It would have been a greater gamble for me to bowl," Yuvraj said. He also criticised the crowd at the Wankhede stadium for whole heartedly supporting only the home team and heckling even Indian players in his team. "I don't think anyone should take the liberty to heckle Indian players even if they are from the visiting team. Sreesanth, Irfan Pathan, Chawla and I have played for India and have come to Mumbai before and they should not criticise us in this manner," Yuvraj said. Punjab coach Tom Moody said it was a big relief to qualify for the semi-finals of the tournament with some games in hand. "Every team in the competition wants to get to semi-finals and finals. I am happy to get there early," he said, adding that the team still had three games left to prepare for the knock-out stage of the competition starting on May 30

..jeez, yuvraj is taking this too seriously..its the crowd man, what u gonna do..infact he will boeed again when he plays the semis..look at dhoni, he was really diplomatic Aree..they havent even left their own sachin to yuvraj kya cheez hain

Yuvraj was right. Just because u want to show u support ur team does not mean u have to boo the opposition. This is Cricket, not football. I went to see Newcastle play against su***rl*nd, I booed the su***rl*and's players, but thats cuz its football. Ive been to see cricket matches, and I dont boo the opposition players cuz it just aint Cricket. Cricket's about respecting your opponents.

I dont see why people are complaining Its their home team, they'll support them and boo everyone else, no matter who plays for them Look at the other side, when players like symonds, ponting are playing, the home team supports them, if these players were playing for australia, do you think they would get supported?? when you're playing in the opposing team, dont expect to be cheered

i don't mind booing.. but this booing for players like Dravid etc is just bloody not acceptible.. NO BOOING FOR LEGENDS
:two_thumbs_up: agree, atleast they should spare r very own players..it leaves a bad taste .... c'mon mubai, show us that ur a good crowd :two_thumbs_up:

Guest Hiten.

Its an art to support your home team. When you are supporting your own team, there is NO mercy to be shown to the opposition. Its simple as that. Be it cricket, soccer or baseball. Thats how it should work and that's how it'll work in Mumbai (I can guarantee you :D). This whole league is created so that REGIONAL (city based) teams are supported by locals. If we start cheering Indian players from oppositions, who do we pick on ? 4 overseas players ? UV is whining for nothing. You might be a stud (in Mumbai) when you play for India, you are nothing but pathetic loser when you are leading Kings XI :D :finger:

"Smithers, are they booing me?" "No sir, they're just saying Boo-urns! Boo-urns!" Surely one of the poster boy fanclub can reassure Yuvi that Mumbai loves him and so on if it'll make him feel better...
Salil, source of the quote? Is that from PGW ( a guess)?