Stupid Press

Desi Cartman

when you read the headlines "Sachin Tendulkar unhappy with umpiring", you expect some big statement supporting this claim. Now please read the article below

Mumbai Indians captain Sachin Tendulkar has expressed disappointment with some of the umpiring decisions that were taken during their clash with KingS XI Punjab in Mumbai on Thursday. Mumbai's first innings saw some of the decisions which seemed to be incorrect that included run-outs of D Smith and S Chitnis. And in their second innings, there was another such decision which went against Mumbai's favour. Kings XI Punjab's Luke Pomersback was not given out in spite of a direct hit by Shaun Pollock which TV replays clearly showed him out. "The world saw it, I need not say anything on this," said Sachin Tendulkar. In response to this, 3rd Umpire Shastri has defended his decision sayin he acted as per law ICC 28.1 Link
SRT never said that he was happy or unhappy , it was another way of saying no comments but then how the hell TOI came up with that headline ...

Haha. Times of India always spices stuff up. But it is surprising that Sachin said that - usually he just says 'no comments' and nothing else - perhaps he was very angry at the loss despite a very good effort by the team (well the tailenders couldn't finish the game off).

Haha. Times of India always spices stuff up. But it is surprising that Sachin said that - usually he just says 'no comments' and nothing else - perhaps he was very angry at the loss despite a very good effort by the team (well the tailenders couldn't finish the game off).
I dont trust these press walas .. they might have asked him "do u think the whole world saw it and what do u have to say " ..and printed his reply

I don't see why tendi has to make such a statement. Though he doesn't say anything abt the umpiring directly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that he is unhappy with the umpiring. Kumble used a similar statement after the infamous Sydney test. I saw both the run outs and the umpire was perfectly justified in what he did.