Depending on Home Grown

Rajiv

Bravo Left- Mumbai saw 3 losses Aussies left - The Chennai Semi Final Spot has to come down to the last match KKR - Mucculum Left, Ponting left ( not sure how this would have affected but they would clicked for sure ) Delhi - is the only team which would never worry abt players leaving.. a big factor when they picked their team

i think picking these players dilshan, maharoof, no one would have thought about them only lankan players which were famous were vass, surya and murali..however ppl forgot how strong these underated players can be in 2020. yes talkin about dilshan and maharoof here. they are pretty good for our Delhi side. Devillers has failed with the bat, but yet i think he has made lot of differance with just being on the field basically, delhi selectors used their brain to pick players

only lankan players which were famous were vass, surya and murali..however ppl forgot how strong these underated players can be in 2020. yes talkin about dilshan and maharoof here. they are pretty good for our Delhi side.
Dilshan is a top class cricketer but the Devils haven't seen the best of him. I am very surprised at how his bowling hasn't been utilized at all - he is a crafty bowler, capable of bowling tight lines and on slower pitches, he is just as good as any regular spinner. I would have expected Sehwag to know this because he has watched Dilshan take 4 wicket hauls against India in the past. His fielding has been top notch though, and i am sure it's only a matter of time before he scores some runs. If not, then the team should sell either him or Malik, because they are proving to be surplus to requirements.

yaar preds, sell malik, but don't sell dilshan, he recently played a decent knock before the duck against mumbai. can't sell him. he is a dare devil now for another good 2 years.. mahroof is good too.. i was really mad at him how he lost that game for us by his pathetic running between the wicket, but then i think he is okay to be on the team. however, we should trash Asif, and bring in some decent bowler. say Fidel Edwards

Sell Asif ? No way. Asif is injured at the moment but when he is fit, he is unstoppable. The kind of bowler who can singlehandedly run through a top order. Remember how he bowled in his first game against Hyderabad ? He needs to get fit, needs a few games and i am sure he will be a really valuable bowler for the Devils. The Asif that wrecked India in the T20 World Cup match is the Asif Delhi needs. They can't depend on McGrath to fire in every game. As of right now, i'd put Malik, Tiwary and ABdeV on sale. AB is a top order batsman and Delhi don't need him at the moment because they already have the best top order in the league. Sell these guys and bring in a proper middle order batsman.

I was surprised that the likes of Taylor and Edwards' date=' or even Powell missed out in the IPL[/quote'] actually forget darren powell, 2 better bowlers today are Pedro Collings and Corey Collyemore. sadly their being ignored by WI selectors.. however Pedtro Collins local county side has some shyty contract which is forcing him to stay away from windies national team i would take even collymore or pedro collins in our Delhi team instead of this Jerk Asif

Sell Asif ? No way. Asif is injured at the moment but when he is fit, he is unstoppable. The kind of bowler who can singlehandedly run through a top order. Remember how he bowled in his first game against Hyderabad ? He needs to get fit, needs a few games and i am sure he will be a really valuable bowler for the Devils. The Asif that wrecked India in the T20 World Cup match is the Asif Delhi needs. They can't depend on McGrath to fire in every game. As of right now, i'd put Malik, Tiwary and ABdeV on sale. AB is a top order batsman and Delhi don't need him at the moment because they already have the best top order in the league. Sell these guys and bring in a proper middle order batsman.
to be frank, i am yet not amazed by Dinesh Karthik. he won one great game for us.. but i hope he continues. he is very inconsistent. but o well, may be one more year Karthik can be a daredevil

to be frank, i am yet not amazed by Dinesh Karthik. he won one great game for us.. but i hope he continues. he is very inconsistent. but o well, may be one more year Karthik can be a daredevil
Yeah, some fools on here were laughing at us for criticising him but let's face facts - before he played that phenomenal innings vs Mumbai, his performances were downright average, the string of scores reading: 24, 2, 28, 6, 13, 6. Not exactly an encouraging run of form. I still think he is worth holding onto because he is a good wicket-keeper and he will win you a match every now and then. You can't count on him to score consistently though.

Yeah' date=' some fools on here were laughing at us for criticising him but let's face facts - before he played that phenomenal innings vs Mumbai, his performances were downright average, the string of scores reading: 24, 2, 28, 6, 13, 6. Not exactly an encouraging run of form. I still think he is worth holding onto because he is a good wicket-keeper and he will win you a match every now and then. You can't count on him to score consistently though.[/quote'] He comes after some of the local bozos. Doesn't do much to boost his confidence, does it?

The local "bozos" have scored almost 70% of the team's runs in this tournament...:haha: Looks like you have inhaling too many sambhar fumes.
Don't tell me Dhawan is better than Karthick. Otherwise he would be playing for India now. Sehwag, Gambhir I give. Dilshan before him? Dhawan before him? Tiwary (yes a bozo, may not be local one) before him?

yaar preds, sell malik, but don't sell dilshan, he recently played a decent knock before the duck against mumbai. can't sell him. he is a dare devil now for another good 2 years.. mahroof is good too.. i was really mad at him how he lost that game for us by his pathetic running between the wicket, but then i think he is okay to be on the team. however, we should trash Asif, and bring in some decent bowler. say Fidel Edwards
If DD is selling Asif then other teams will jump to get him. He is a class bowler. F***, Pakis can cause some trouble when he, Gul and Tanvir are in form. He is perfect in the powerplay overs (can make the new ball talk)...

Predz asking yoda "not to call people names" :hysterical: The irony of it :hysterical: People can pull up any conversation where predz and i have had arguments/fights, for each and every instance they will see the first member-to-member name calling was done by Predz. It takes a long (really long) while for some to get that calling forum members names is disallowed (call the 'team' or 'player' what u want, but not personal at members). Once again, :hysterical: the pot calling the kettle :hahaha:

Don't tell me Dhawan is better than Karthick. Otherwise he would be playing for India now. Sehwag, Gambhir I give. Dilshan before him? Dhawan before him?
Yeah am surprised Dhawan hasn't gotten an India callup, while Karthick has - seriously surprised See KKD's record so far in international cricket? Predz - you call him an excellent keeper. I've seen him miss multiple stumping chances here in the IPL

Tiwary and Dilshan aren't locals. Now' date=' now, don't get your lungi in a twist, Srinivas. No need to call people names.[/quote'] I edited my post before you even posted yours. I realized named calling should be left to some of "you". Karthick should be coming 1 down after Sehwag and Gambhir. He has typically been coming with a few overs left and you are cursing him for his low scores. Biased may be?

KKD played well as an opener in the recent England test series. He was pretty decent bat in tests before he was dumped in favor of "I am still learning to bat in tests" Dhoni. He was summarily dumped after one poor series vs Pak. He has so far two match winning performances in 20/20s. One vs SA in the inaugural and another in the recent IPL match.