V.Rao: Squash ball in the hand ala Gilly

fineleg

V.Rao: Squash ball in the hand ala Gilly  

1. 1.

• The biased ICC would have said its illegal if Asians did it first
    • ICC would have given an unbiased and fair verdict

This was mentioned in the match thread, but this is actually a separate point, so having a separate thread. http://www.indianexpress.com/story/314960.html Would ICC have said the same if it was not Gilly but some Indian or Pak or SL player who had at first tried this!?? Reacting to the Lankan team’s complaint after the World Cup final, the ICC has legalised the use of a ball saying “it is not against the laws or the spirit of the gameâ€. “Since there is no restriction in law even on the external form of batting gloves, let alone the interior thereof, no law has been breached,†the ICC said. In fact, the ICC representative had said at the time: “It’s been suggested that if shoving a squash ball into your bottom glove makes you bat like Adam Gilchrist, then perhaps the ICC should make it compulsoryâ€.

I didnt think of it as gossip...but now that u ask, yeah, why not? Its ICC, IPL-circus, gossip can be part of it. The point I wrote however is because I felt ICC would have said "Against the law. Not allowed. Warn the player" if it was an Asian player. Thats what I think they'd have said.

Now we are into guess work with a lot of if and buts. No use. I dont think we have solid reason to believe that ICC would have been any different in case of an Asian player. After all they changes the chucking rules just to accommodate an Asian bowler..

yeh seriously there is no way of knowing what they would have said i reckon they would have said no, but we can't prove it, so just leave it
Now we are into guess work with a lot of if and buts. No use. I dont think we have solid reason to believe that ICC would have been any different in case of an Asian player. After all they changes the chucking rules just to accommodate an Asian bowler..
Ezzacttleee.... jus a lame thread..