Players Deccan Chargers must go for next years IPL

Rohan495

I am not sure if it is about the players really; I believe they will do fine with a little bit of tweaking to the line up. In my opinion, the bigger issue was around management, coaching and strategy. Robin Singh has to cop a lot of blame; though one has to say that he was let down by players like Afridi, Vaas, Styris. It is no co-incidence that 3 out of the 4 teams that went out have Indian coaches. All the four teams in Semis have non indian guys coaching them.

I am not sure if it is about the players really; I believe they will do fine with a little bit of tweaking to the line up. In my opinion' date=' [b']the bigger issue was around management, coaching and strategy. Robin Singh has to cop a lot of blame; though one has to say that he was let down by players like Afridi, Vaas, Styris. It is no co-incidence that 3 out of the 4 teams that went out have Indian coaches. All the four teams in Semis have non indian guys coaching them.
Onething is far sure and accurate is that they lacked and lagged behind in bowling department. They need to strengthen bowling department by par to increase the morale and risk-taking factor for the batsmen. Isn't it?

What they need is a captain, an identity and a common ground to gel. 3 teams lacked this in the IPL and all 3 are the bottom of the race. You cant bring in all the big hitters, the fastest bowlers from around the world and put them into 1 team and hope they win (kolkatta and Hyderabad).

What they need is a captain' date=' an identity and a common ground to gel. 3 teams lacked this in the IPL and all 3 are the bottom of the race. You cant bring in all the big hitters, the fastest bowlers from around the world and put them into 1 team and hope they win (kolkatta and Hyderabad).[/quote'] Spot on and that is where the management failed. I still feel that Gilly could be a good captain but the over all spirit was missing. The fact that Mumbai and deccan lost so many close games shows that the spirit and belief was lacking, right from the begining.

i think that the key missing link was Andrew Symonds. Him coming in the middle order would have been a great boost to Chargers batting because once that bugger is set, he keeps hammering 4s and 6s (you can look at his record in T20). Guys like Symonds and Sharma should come at #3 and #4 respectively to have as many overs as possible to put up imposing totals. With Symonds and VVS, I have no doubt that the Chargers still have the most threatening batting lineup for next years IPL. They then can use a couple of good bowlers (I would go for Taylor and Edwards, or trade Gibbs for Steyn) Gilly (Should play percentage cricket) VVS (Should play natural game - has 100+ strike rate finding gaps, rotating strike) Symonds Rohit Sharma Venugopal Rao Ravi Teja (showed how well he can play today - is still young and can mature into something good) Shahid Afridi (woefully out of form - hopefully he can do better next time) Jerome Taylor RP Singh Ranadeb Bose (should get him from KKR) Pragyan Ojha