Grumpy McGrath and vintage Warne ( Vid Added )

King

Yesterday's semi finals showed two characters in their good old colours. Neither of them has changed a bit. Firstly McGrath, a sore loser as ever couldn't contain when Munaf bowled few short balls at him. McGrath tried to bully Munaf by questioning his motive at bowling short balls. It's not like the bowlers aren't allowed to bowl short ones at the tail. It's just that McGrath had a bad game and just didn't know how to express his disappointment. Warne meanwhile was smiling seeing McGrath hop around but McGrath picked on the poor Munaf Patel for bowling short at him. It's the same McGrath that would bowl short ones at even the likes of Chris Martin and never short of having a go at the batsman. When the turn came to him to take the chin music he just couldn't. I still don't understand why he was bullying Munaf for bowling short at him. I've read from one of the Aussie biography the Aussie players when they knew someone was hurt they would try and bowl in areas that will aggravate the injury of the batsman. Now McGrath had no right to complain whatsoever. If it's too hot in the kitchen McGrath always resorted to abuse. Yesterday was no different. Meanwhile Warne turned the ball square. There was a lot of bounce in the pitch and Warne did only what he could, turn the ball a mile. It was terrific to see Warne giving the ball a terrific rip. In the last couple of years his bowling was more restrained to variations and not often did he try and turn the ball big. Yesterday was when his glorious spinning days were restored. Warne bowled 4 high class overs imparting massive turn on the ball. The first ball he bowled to Mishra almost looked like demonstrating to fellow leggie how much he can spin. Mishra looked offended at the amount of turn Warne got :hysterical: and did literally nothing to even get near the ball. The ball pitched way outside the leg stump and turned square to end up wide outside the off stump. It was leg spin at its best. Warne choose to demonstrate his best for the semi finals so much so that he seemed to be enjoying every ball he bowled. Take a bow Warne that was terrific.

McGrath's always grumpy when he goes for a few. Remember him in the CB series a year ago against England when he was cursing non-stop while bleeding runs in one off-game in Melbourne? Warne of course is a divine entity. I'm still working on my petition to the pope to have sainthood bestowed on him now.

When the turn came to him to take the chin music he just couldn't. I still don't understand why he was bullying Munaf for bowling short at him.
I found that run-in quite interesting Ravi. Yes you are right on that Mcgrath is not the most sober of losers but doesnt that also reflect his personality in a different way? I mean here is this 39 year old lad, retired from cricket, playing in a tamasha cricket and still he manages to get riled losing playing for a team that he has barely spent a month with! Surely that oughta count for something, no?

Yup. Comes off a lot better than a Manoj Tiwar being paid 600K, making no runs, taking a wild swipe and then merrily walking off to collect his paycheque. Some like McGrath play the game to win, rather than just to fill their wallets, and it shows when they're not.

I found that run-in quite interesting Ravi. Yes you are right on that Mcgrath is not the most sober of losers but doesnt that also reflect his personality in a different way? I mean here is this 39 year old lad' date=' retired from cricket, playing in a tamasha cricket and still he manages to get riled losing playing for a team that he has barely spent a month with! Surely that oughta count for something, no?[/quote'] Of course there is no questioning of commitment there but I was merely pointing out the ridiculous bullying by McGrath because he got bounced by Munaf. McGrath is guilty of this through out his career. This is not 70s when the tail enders were spared from facing the bouncers because helmets those days were not common. Not anymore though. McGrath came out to bat with out an arm pad, chest pad on a bouncy pitch. The Jaipur bowlers had bowled short through out and why should they do any different just because McGrath's batting? That was childish by McGrath.

McGrath's always grumpy when he goes for a few. Remember him in the CB series a year ago against England when he was cursing non-stop while bleeding runs in one off-game in Melbourne? Warne of course is a divine entity. I'm still working on my petition to the pope to have sainthood bestowed on him now.
Did you watch the full game Salil? McGrath was not just grumpy but was arguing with Munaf and was bullying him for bowling bouncers at him. Even Warne could not settle him down at that point in time. I still don't understand why McGrath should be upset at Munaf? It was as if McGrath should be spared from the short stuff. That was silly.

Hey Ravi' date=' it's McGrath. Since when do I discuss anything involving him or Warne from a neutral/fair/unbiased POV? :D[/quote'] You need to move away from being a bit biased now mate, these two have retired already.

Yeah, but that doesn't make them any lesser bowlers. As for Warne, I'm still petitioning for his sainthood based on the number of miracles he's performed in his lifetime. Vatican requires at least two, I've got half a dozen as proof. :D Once I get that through, I'll need you to help me with my campaign to have the same done for Sir Paddles. [st. Warne of St. Kilda?]