( ICF'ers INVITED ) Attn Mods...Whose post is this ? what rules apply to Mod edits ?

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath

Mods/Admins, whose post is the following post in the Delhi bashing locked thread ? http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=417943&postcount=204 I Didnt post that message, how come it appears under my ID ? :omg: And regarding whatever it was that Rajeev or any other Mod had edited, I had NOT abused anyone personally ....It was Finey who had drawn the attention of all members that there was no need to get personal in an earlier post and had asked Ticz NOT to address me as "hari sankat"...of course Ticz has been doing that for ages , as well as so many other members but I had never complained about it or made it an issue. But I referred to Tics as "patheTIcz" and "Lunaticz"...is this OTT ? If so, just see the number of times I had been called many names including "loony" etc...but I laugh it off...and so I had posted to finey that I had no problem with Ticz or anyone calling me any name :eyedance: But if at all my post was edited for any reason, then how come some mod/admin had posted under my name ? Isnt that ID hijacking ? And how come that when Ticz was going on a merry spree against all Chennai fans, Chennai team and anything and everything Chennai....NO admin/mod ever edited any of his posts ? Ticz was just getting back what he had been dishing out to Chennai folks for weeks on end...everyone knows this..whether Chennai won or lost any game, Ticz and his tricks would make immediately 100 threads on Chennai bashing and no one ever restrained him...and now when Chennai folks give him back a taste of his own medicene, why do the Mods/admins apply one sided rules ? I had said so many times here that IF anyone goes OTT with regional bashing/personal name calling, then the ONLY way to make that person shut up or to make the Mods take notice is to give back in style...which is what many Chennai fans did yesterday..it was richly deserved and there is NO reason for Mods to apply rules only one way.. Apply it BOTH ways and see to it there is no Chennai/regional bashing that goes OTT or any namecalling goes OTT, if you want it to be effective...as long as it is one way, it is not gonna work btw...pls tell me who posted under my name ...

WHEN WE EDIT STUFF, IT SHOWS OR NAME This is too much, again with your long posts complaining about edit stuff I am gonna nicely say it, you mentioned about Pathtics committing suicide in that post. I know it was a joke but we made it clear that you can't be personal and you did go over baord I am not gonna say much, last time some of them sympathized and if you gonna just start a thread bout every small thing, then I really don't think you should post comments at all I've had it, I would really love ICF'ers to rpely and tell me if I did anything wrong by editing suicide stuff ( which was personal ) and other mods to see where this is going If it was only upto me , I would handled it differently

1. ID hijacking ? I don't think so. Rajeev just EDITED your post, he didn't log onto your account and post that message. Mods have the editing facility available to them and they can use it whenever they like (but tend not to most of the time). Not that i have a say in this, but i think you were out of line. 2. Cricketics never came close to spewing the kind of stuff you were putting out there in that thread. He already told you and everyone else not to take him seriously, but you still did.

Relax guys, its only IPL for god's sake. Criticize the post not the poster. Then there will be no name calling. Btw, Hari mods have the ability to edit users post. But when they do, usually it shows ' edited by mod-name' Nothing to worry about though. Take it easy guyz and visit the ICF toons section and post something there :tounge_smile:

Guest HariSampath
WHEN WE EDIT STUFF' date= IT SHOWS OR NAME This is too much, again with your long posts complaining about edit stuff I am gonna nicely say it, you mentioned about Pathtics committing suicide in that post. I know it was a joke but we made it clear that you can't be personal and you did go over baord I am not gonna say much, last time some of them sympathized and if you gonna just start a thread bout every small thing, then I really don't think you should post comments at all I've had it, I would really love ICF'ers to rpely and tell me if I did anything wrong by editing suicide stuff ( which was personal ) and other mods to see where this is going If it was only upto me , I would handled it differently
You know it was a joke...I know it, everyone knows it....and tell me how many times Ticz had posted "hari sankat has gone loony"...."hari sankat has lost his mind" etc....am I supposed to take it seriously and scream " I have been called mentally insane"....NONSENSE....I had never ever complained once. How many times have so many members posted "pls shoot XYZ".. or jump off a cliff...or such posts...so all that has to be taken as "murder" , "suicide" etc ??LOL...man it is YOU who has lost it. By the way , I know you edited it...but why did you POST a message to myself in my post...see the post...if you had any comments, put it in COMMENTS...NOT in the body of the post itself....read that post and see, your comments appear as something I had posted originally..Did I post any message addressed to myself ?? LOL

I was just trying to fix things, infact I was against merging threads so people could have their fun but when you start pointing fingers like this, then its just 2 much..u think I like this immature behavior, but when u in a realm of forums, it starts to become reality

You know it was a joke...I know it' date=' everyone knows it....and tell me how many times Ticz had posted "hari sankat has gone loony"...."hari sankat has lost his mind" etc....am I supposed to take it seriously and scream " I have been called mentally insane"....NONSENSE....I had never ever complained once.?? LOL[/quote'] There is a much easier way you can deal with this, you know. If you feel SO offended, then feel free to use it...

Guest HariSampath
The IP of that post is the same as the IP you just posted from' date=' so some mod or admin had not posted under your name. And FWIW, the admin control panel doesn't allow admins to log in as other members. Could only have been you.[/quote'] That ID is of course mine, everyone knows it...BUT that post which says "YOU ARE GETTING PERSONAL AGAIN HARI, last request..please don't go overboard with the personal stuff" and appears in the BODY of the msg is NOT mine....It is Rajeev's edit and if it is a comment...it has to appear below in "comments"....fine, okay with me...but if it appears within the post, it makes it seem I posted those sentences...got it ??

You know it was a joke...I know it, everyone knows it....and tell me how many times Ticz had posted "hari sankat has gone loony"...."hari sankat has lost his mind" etc....am I supposed to take it seriously and scream " I have been called mentally insane"....NONSENSE....I had never ever complained once. How many times have so many members posted "pls shoot XYZ".. or jump off a cliff...or such posts...so all that has to be taken as "murder" , "suicide" etc ??LOL...man it is YOU who has lost it. By the way , I know you edited it...but why did you POST a message to myself in my post...see the post...if you had any comments, put it in COMMENTS...NOT in the body of the post itself....read that post and see, your comments appear as something I had posted originally..Did I post any message addressed to myself ?? LOL
The point was so that you see it and others take a note of it, I have edited other stuff today as well, there is a level playing field, like he said/she said and its over right. Now, how far does this go back? can u tell me and if u ask tics, I have asked him to cool it too, I have edited predz stuff as well and asked him to watch it as well You were on a roll, one post after the other..it's lke you read the posts, u smiile , u smile again and then ewww..man this needs to stop..fom delhi duds to pathetics and lunatics, and then commit suicide..yes, it went really OTT so I edited it

Guest Hiten.
That ID is of course mine, everyone knows it...BUT that post which says "YOU ARE GETTING PERSONAL AGAIN HARI, last request..please don't go overboard with the personal stuff" and appears in the BODY of the msg is NOT mine....It is Rajeev's edit and if it is a comment...it has to appear below in "comments"....fine, okay with me...but if it appears within the post, it makes it seem I posted those sentences...got it ??
You could have simply sent a nice lovely PM to Rajeev about this instead of writing such a long ass essay :P I know its one of your ploy to pocket some ICF $, but it should not be used this often :--D Peace

That ID is of course mine, everyone knows it...BUT that post which says "YOU ARE GETTING PERSONAL AGAIN HARI, last request..please don't go overboard with the personal stuff" and appears in the BODY of the msg is NOT mine....It is Rajeev's edit and if it is a comment...it has to appear below in "comments"....fine, okay with me...but if it appears within the post, it makes it seem I posted those sentences...got it ??
ok that seems fair enough Hari. Mods, why dont you use the 'quote' feature when you edit the user's comments. something like
comments here
[edit] actually, Hari it shows who edited it. Perhaps it is new to you thats why it may seem strange. On almost all forums, this is normal procedures by mods.

Guest HariSampath
I was just trying to fix things' date=' infact I was against merging threads so people could have their fun but when you start pointing fingers like this, then its just 2 much..u think I like this immature behavior, but when u in a realm of forums, it starts to become reality[/quote'] See my OP...I had very much said if you have rules have it for everyone....no problem...if you edit OTT comments even knowing it is a joke...do it for ALL...not just some selected members...IF you apply mods policy apply it EQUALLY..if you have policy on name calling apply it EQUALLY...that is the crux of what I have always been saying. Dont have one set of rules for me and Chennai and another set of rules for Ticz and Delhi

Guest HariSampath
You could have simply sent a nice lovely PM to Rajeev about this instead of writing such a long ass essay :P I know its one of your ploy to pocket some ICF $, but it should not be used this often :--D Peace
same way...Rajeev could have sent me a nice lovely PM telling me he wants the post edited, even though he knew it was just a joke and I would have not only edited but also sent Rajeev a nice lovely PM ....it has happened many times before :--D ( I have plenty of ICF dollahs, but still I am jealous of Rajeev who is a billionaire...and hey dont block honest efforts to make more money :eyedance: )

lud, one of the reasons we edit comments is to remove things that are inappropriate and should not be on the forum (particularly given that there's a range of people who read this board, ranging from youngsters to those who do from a workplace where such things would be very inappropriate). If Rajeev edited Hari's post to remove that sort of abuse, I'm fairly sure Hari crossed that line and went OTT with something that was not permitted by the basic rules on here.

See my OP...I had very much said if you have rules have it for everyone....no problem...if you edit OTT comments even knowing it is a joke...do it for ALL...not just some selected members...IF you apply mods policy apply it EQUALLY..if you have policy on name calling apply it EQUALLY...that is the crux of what I have always been saying. Dont have one set of rules for me and Chennai and another set of rules for Ticz and Delhi
U would think so, coz u want to here http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=417746&postcount=126 http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=417800&postcount=161 ------------- About editing, here is another example of mine http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=417894&postcount=184 --------- How it went OTT Your post Delhi deadbodies arse raped, buggered, humiliated, facked, nose held to gutter, smell the sh1t....and STFU about other teams like CSK....for us, we have already WON IPL....this is gang rape of the Delhi deadweights/dumbarses Even when CSK chased a huge 211 against Royals, we scared them into hell and got to 201....but Dilli ....facking buncha writhing crawling slithering losahs.......got arse raped and gangbanged and faces rubbed into sh1t...TAKE THAT Delhi dumbarse PatheTICZ diarreaoh of Delhi ....facking.....shoulda been Delhi schoolkidz... Royals should be arrested for gangraping minors .....facking Delhi should play all village teams next year for qualifying Delhi should play Jharkand jackassses....Chirrapunji chokers ( all matches washed out).....Srinagar slippers....Cochins Sachins.....plus Ganganagar gangsters...ALL of whom will THRASH Delhi front and back......tournament to be dedicated to the memory of ICF lunaTICZ and Chennai hater PatheTICZ Kumblerocks pleads http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=417908&postcount=191 Fineys Post olkz, Pls avoid the member-to-member name calling. Cricketicz is alrite, just over-enthu at many times. We can give taste of same medicine by dilli duds threads -no need to name call people. Same applies to ticz - call Hari Sampath as Hari Sampath, not as Sankat. Fineys Post again pls. dont abuse members. Stick to bashing the team and players. Ofcourse rajma snifferz and pyjama-wale is supposedly game, since sambhar sniffers is supposed to be game by those with predator-ial instincts. But lets not go overboard. My request hari, and others...he said.she said..all over OK Please dont go over board, and no personal calls plzzz..enough Shwetabh edits your post http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=417942&postcount=203 Still going OTT Dilli....Dilli....ROFLMAO ...facking thrashed by 105 runs....87 allout ......OMG.....this has knocked Ticz in the head so bad....he has become sane once again ....Ticz learning to count now Shwetabhs Post I must say a lot of 'tics posts earlier were genuinely funny whereas barring a few the Chennai fans have been pretty lame and sometimes very personal.