IPL: What would you like to change for next season

Rajiv

Will IPL be limited to 20/20 or they might come up with a 50 Over Version. I don't think a test version will be feasible IPL with Points System and no finals? but that will kill the choke theory :giggle: Capless, 6 Foreign Players or some type of round robin method A separate bowl out just for kicks after each game

a 40-over format can be introduced in ipl. it will be little over 6 hours long and matches can be held in the prime time from 5pm - 11pm. also, by 5pm, there wont be too much heat in the summer months. also, a 40-over format will show out more cricketing skills of a player than 20/20 some more changes can be 5 foreign players in the xi, 40-over format being introduced, increasing boundaries to minimum 70m and having diff types of pitches like green seaming pitches & rank turners ipl has to be more about cricket & not about entertainment. cheerleaders & bollywood involvement should be removed from ipl

I suppose Indian domestic cricket (Ranji trophy and the rest) longer version will benefit if similar model is followed. There will always be few international cricketers available to play the Indian domestic season. Whether a longer version games bring in enough viewers on TV, gate collections and sponsors is debatable. It won't be a bad idea to try though.

It's a bit pointless to have a league followed by a tournament style knockout. You can only have one or the other. Since the IPL is only a few months long and isn't played over an entire season, the tournament makes sense. The format can be similar to that of the cricket world cup - two groups playing in a round robin format, followed by super sixes, and then the semis, finals etc. I'd also like to see all the knockout matches played over two legs - home and away. If both teams win one a piece, then the winner can be decided by run rate. That adds a new dimension to the contest. I don't think a 50 over version would catch on. The tournament would take far too long to complete and you would have more and more players dropping off with injuries

a 40-over tournament can be held as 2 matches can be squeezed in a day without any time overlapping and it would take about the same time as 20/20. none of the days had more than 2 matches

What changes would you suggest for the second season of IPL? This first season of IPL was thrilling. We enjoyed every bit of it. Its been a learning experience as well....for players, for officials and for fans. I am sure that they will do their best to make season two even better. What changes would you suggest for the second season?

IPL: What would you like to change for next season Now that we have witnessed the entire season of the IPL, what changes would you like to bring in for the next season? What you liked or did not like Did you find it too long and want to change the format? Want more International players in the playing XI? Want to introduce supersub for the t20 format? No cheerleaders or want more cheerleaders:tounge_smile: Have your say :eyedance:

Absolutely nothing, it is a fantastic format and nothing needs changing. If there is one change that needs to be made is to ensure the bowling team does not take far too much time to bowl their quota of overs. Warne slowed up the game so much it was annoying yesterday.

yea like Amits said i like the Pro40 format too. I would also like to see an increase in foreign players playing per game possibly too 6 its unfortunate too see, for example, Chris Gayle making way for Ricky Ponting. I would like too see something like a playoffs series i dont like this knock out concept as it can be very instrumental in creating upsets that shouldnt have happened. I think concepts such as Supersubs should be interesting as well.