Kanpur IPL team coming in next IPL

amits

Guest HariSampath

Why should it be even ? Its just league games till last 4, and there can be 11 franchises too. Goa will be a good franchise ( I have serious inside info about this ). Would be a great team for some tourism industry company or resort industry; Indian and foreign tourists, beach, music, fun, summer vacations, foreign players would love to play, the theme of IPL relates directly to Goa, family outings, drinks, fun etc

Guest HariSampath

^ Yes, they should have 12 teams and 2 groups. And its enough if there are just one match between two teams, 2 is too many. There could be 2 weekday games and 2 weekend games, this IPL was excessive number of games. Indian national players should be asked to play for only their own city/state teams, just like icons,(players without city/state teams can play anywhere of course) and there should be a minimum of 4 local players in each playing 11 by compulsion.

a 11 team single league format would work as well. that would have 55 league matches, about same a 8-teams playing twice. and in 11 teams, kanpur(up), ahmedabad/baroda(gujarat) & 1 more team can make it up into 11 and i agree with harisampath, all indian players should play for their own teams. only players whose city/state does not have a team should play for other teams like dhoni, sreesanth, amit mishra, etc

a 11 team single league format would work as well. that would have 55 league matches, about same a 8-teams playing twice. and in 11 teams, kanpur(up), ahmedabad/baroda(gujarat) & 1 more team can make it up into 11 and i agree with harisampath, all indian players should play for their own teams. only players whose city/state does not have a team should play for other teams like dhoni, sreesanth, amit mishra, etc
no thank you...DC is crap as it is, we do not want to lose rohit sharma! Hilarity aside, there is already the domestic T20 league if you want to watch almost every Indian play for their team. Why have that in IPL? Thats not fair to franchises who lost their good players to ICL (which is not the franchises fault)

I am happy with the 8 team format, though I'd ideally like to see a home and away semifinal system just like UEFA Champions league. Dividing the teams in to two groups is also not a exciting idea, having everyone play everyone is just more competitive.

The one of the main factors for a city based IPL team would be airport connectivity. Compared to other destinations, Kanpur is not well connected to airports. I strongly feel Ahmedabad, Goa or for that matter Nagpur may be in the mix.