Cricinfo headlines

Rajiv

Interesting See how they choose their headline Pakistan beat Canada by 77 runs Headline: Hafeez stars as Pakistan cruise ____________ Australia beat Zimbabwe by 106 runs Headline: Australia crush Zimbabwe by 106 runs ____________ India beat Holland by 182 runs Headline: Powerful India canter to win Canter = beat by 182 runs and just CANTER

Re: Cricinfo headlines You know cricinfo has come a long way, I hope they can get bit innovative and have user participation. For eg., have users write articles or just have a public section and best one can write up a match report Its boring to read same old people and styles Look at our site, Dhondy, rahul, ravi et others can do a better job any day, anytime

Re: Cricinfo headlines

and I bet Rajeev that would be written by sambit bal
no... its by Anand vasu actually it shud be India crush netherlands rather than aus crush zim....cuz this is wat reflects in the respective scoreboards
I was referring to what Rajeev wrote
I bet if we win the final the headline would show " India doesn't choke this time"
this sambit bal would write

Re: Cricinfo headlines What is much more indicative of the BIAS of a site like cricinfo is that that Dutch medium pacer Jonkman... is listed as Right Arm Fast...WHAT THE FACK???? If he is FAST... I am a Dutchman... But being a Gora there is no presumption that he is acutally a medium pacer...so if some information gets to cricinfo that he as some pace...he is immediately labled RF... While guys like Wilkin Mota of Mumbai...who is the same pace as Jonkman is labled RM... and the excuse is given...Oh we don't know for sure how fast he is...so lets call him medium...

Re: Cricinfo headlines Birbal you know that fella Jonkman is pretty sharp. He bowled few really quick ones yesterday. It is said that he is as quick as Brett Lee. I thought he was fast enough. I'm not so sure of Crickinfo's bias Rajeev. Do you really reckon they deliberately run down India? I thought they were owned by Indians and if that is right why would they run down their own countrymen? Crickinfo is well and truly one of the best portals around. One click and you can find out all the results of cricket games from around the world including Women's cricket, domestic cricket from all test playing nations. It takes a lot of time and effort to put together one like that. At times it is a selfless act too covering the domestic cricket from around the world when we all clearly know what kind of attention the domestic cricket gets. Still crickinfo covers it and that is one good job they do. I'm yet to be convinced they are as bad as they are made out to be.

I'm yet to be convinced they are as bad as they are made out to be.
Cricinfo is not bad at all. The problem,in my opinion, is that many Indian fans are perhaps too sentimental when it comes to India and Indian players. And they feel that Indian players should hog more limelight..and in a much more positive way. While some of it is partially correct(for example coverage of Indian domestic cricket is always less than that of English county system), by and large Cricinfo does a very fair job. Lets face it, it is one website that every cricket fan goes to everyday. Why? If it sucked so bad surely Indians would have boycotted it by now, no? xxxx

I'm not so sure of Crickinfo's bias Rajeev. Do you really reckon they deliberately run down India? I thought they were owned by Indians and if that is right why would they run down their own countrymen
They don't deliberately run it down but conveniently forget to bump it too About being owned by Indians, well..how can I can explain this. You know how a black cop is kinda more strict towards a black guy

Re: Cricinfo headlines Lurker, it not all about glorifying Indian players. Like birbal said, its the small detials like posting a ridiculous headline picture when the match had some awesome moments. Sometimes, playing us down when the reality was different

I'm not so sure of Crickinfo's bias Rajeev. Do you really reckon they deliberately run down India? I thought they were owned by Indians and if that is right why would they run down their own countrymen
They don't deliberately run it down but conveniently forget to bump it too About being owned by Indians, well..how can I can explain this. You know how a black cop is kinda more strict towards a black guy
We don't have black cops here but I can imagine how it is. :hic:

Lurker, it not all about glorifying Indian players. Like birbal said, its the small detials like posting a ridiculous headline picture when the match had some awesome moments. Sometimes, playing us down when the reality was different
Fair enough Rajeev. However that argument can be said for other teams as well no? Take Australian match yesterday, it was not even on CI. I wont be surprised if that has been the case for other teams too. A point here can be that while English and Australian writers on CI are generally good writers(afterall they used to work for erstwhile Wisden), same can not be said about Indian journos that cover Indian matches. xxx

Re: Cricinfo headlines Lurker, Dish network is among the very few who are broadcasting the Warm-up games and thats the case with sky sports and few others The fast commentary for the Indian game was only possible due to TV Coverage It was not only the aussie match, but also NZ/bang, and Pak/Ca which showed the scorecard in parts

I'm yet to be convinced they are as bad as they are made out to be.
Cricinfo is not bad at all. The problem,in my opinion, is that many Indian fans are perhaps too sentimental when it comes to India and Indian players. And they feel that Indian players should hog more limelight..and in a much more positive way. While some of it is partially correct(for example coverage of Indian domestic cricket is always less than that of English county system), by and large Cricinfo does a very fair job. Lets face it, it is one website that every cricket fan goes to everyday. Why? If it sucked so bad surely Indians would have boycotted it by now, no? xxxx
boycotted... they maintain every stats in order. but the biased articles by people who have never touched a cricket bat in their life. They know that there is no other site which maintains such stats in a friendly way. Give me one good site and I will shun cricinfo for good. I have already stopped reading articles by its editors. the ones written by players is different.