Euro 2008

Dhondy

...in football, beautiful football. June 7 is kick-off day for Euro 2008. Some of the best national teams in the world will fight it out for glory over the next 3 weeks in the splendour of Switzerland and Austria. Look out for Spain, they really are a wonder side this year. Don't count out Portugal, the Czeck Republic, the indomitable Germans and the world champions Italy. Warm up by watching some of the best goals in the history of the championship through the link below. I remember I was watching the '88 finals with a friend, and we were absolutely gobsmacked when Van Basten scored that wonder goal. Couldn't believe what we'd seen. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/euro2008/2008/06/football_focus_needs_you_with.html Wish I could be there (Actually we'll be in those parts for a week in July, but will miss the final by three weeks). Never mind. Time to hunker down in front of the TV, get all thoughts of ****ing cricket out of your mind, and concentrate on the beautiful game.

My football starts on September 03 when the Florida State Seminoles rumble out of the tunnel on to the Bobby Bowden field at Doak Campbell Stadium. stadium004.jpg That, my friend, is FOOTBALL!! What you are talking about is futbol (or as we call it - soccer)!

starts on September 03 when the Florida State Seminoles rumble out of the tunnel on to the Bobby Bowden field at Doak Campbell Stadium. stadium004.jpg That, my friend, is FOOTBALL!! What you are talking about is futbol (or as we call it - soccer)!
Nope, he's talking about football alright... what you're talking about is better known as eggball.

Euro 2008 left.jpg Football's European Championship will kick off in Switzerland on Saturday.For the 13th time Europe's finest will battle it out for the right to lift the competition's Henri Delaunay trophy. But it was unlucky for some, with no representatives from Britain qualifying for the tournament, which is being co-hosted by Switzerland and Austria.The Swiss will get the competition off and running when they meet Czech Republic in the opening game in Basel at 1700 BST on Saturday. Over the next 23 days the tournament will cram in 31 games at eight different stadiums across the two countries. Until 1980 only four teams competed in the European Championship finals, but since then it has grown into the third largest sporting event in the world after the World Cup and Olympic Games. The build-up to the tournament has been relatively low key but Michel Platini, president of European football's governing body Uefa, said: "The party is about to start. "What is really important is the feeling and emotion of the supporters."

Guest Hiten.
i am planning to support netherlands:whatchutalkingabout they r the only 1 out of the 16 teams that have a cricket team with odi status
:hysterical::hysterical:

i cant understand y some ppl r laughing at me:mad: everyone has a right to support their fav team in football. i am with netherlands as they r the only nation out of the 16 that has a cricket team to play in world-cups & have odi status. they even came close to beating sl in an odi in 2006, made 258 chasing 313 & even gave us a scare in 2003 wc resticting us to 204 all out