Brian Lara batting right handed

King

Re: Brian Lara batting right handed Lara has that perfect flourish to his batting. Sachin when he is going looks like an ultra-compact batsman who is the master of his game but Lara on full flow looks like he is having fun out there and pure poetry.

Re: Brian Lara batting right handed Whatever it is and everyone knows it's only a trick. Still it is good to see Lara batting right handed. They should do this for Tendulkar, it will be classy to see him bat left handed. Even Rahul Dravid will look amazing batting left handed.

Re: Brian Lara batting right handed guys what do u find so good in lara i mean, yea he has the big flourish of the bat and all.. but the guy has absolutely no footwork.. he just does a half squat and hits the ball with an exaggerated and unnecessary follow through... i feel ponting has a similar style.. but ponting has more footwork.. and looks more composed... lara just lashes out at the ball Ravi, the video was working in the morning.. not working anymore :huh:

Re: Brian Lara batting right handed I don't know how you view cricket but not all shots need to be played as per MCC coaching manual. You can't have Rahul Dravid or Gavaskar like technique in every batter. Technique is there to keep the good ball away and if the ball is bad it doesn't matter how far your foot was as long as you get runs. Lara is one of those rare batters that can hit good balls for fours consistently. I have posted Lara's 196 against South Africa on a good pitch for bowlers, you need to have a look at it and figure out how many can bat like that. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Rahul Dravid, Tendulkar and the rest but I feel in the search of perfect technique you miss out on so many good things in cricket. For a starter Freddi, Gilly, Sehwag, Ganguly, Gayle, Lara, Sobers, Kapil Dev, Dhoni, Cairns, KP and a lot of other exciting players were never really technically perfect. Didn't/Don't you admire them for their skills at all? Lara is capable of sending a perfectly bowled good length ball in the stumps anywhere in the ground. You have to have special talent to do that and Lara is one of those top class batters that happen once in a lifetime. If you can't admire his stroke play I feel you are blinded by the "POMS book of batting technique" recommendations.

Re: Brian Lara batting right handed hmm.. i get your point.. yep, he's exiting to watch and all, but somehow he gives me the impression that he's gonna get out every ball.. and he's not some1 i would wanna model my batting on.. -->For a starter Freddi, Gilly, Sehwag, Ganguly, Gayle, Lara, Sobers, Kapil Dev, Dhoni, Cairns, KP and a lot of other exciting players were never really technically perfect. Didn't/Don't you admire them for their skills at all? yep, i do, infact except sobers and kapil, who i never saw bat, i'm a fan of all those players.. i'm a fan of lara too, but i feel he is waaay too overrated... he's a good batsman, but he isnt a "Great".. i mean if lara didnt have those 400/375/501 records, he wouldnt be on the pedestal he is now... he's never been too consistant either.. for me, lara would be around the same place as gilly.. but hey, everyone has their own views...! :wtg:

Re: Brian Lara batting right handed

yep, i do, infact except sobers and kapil, who i never saw bat, i'm a fan of all those players.. i'm a fan of lara too, but i feel he is waaay too overrated...
We are on similar lines here, he is well and truly over rated in my opinion. He has great ability and is one of the best batsman ever but is not the best. The numbers show his credibility but often numbers also lie. IMO he is not a relaible batsman but scores big when he gets struck in. He is master of scoring big 200s or 200s. He's crossed 350 (including the 500 in the county) on three occassions and that is something. He has more ups and downs than Gilchrist. I will place him among one of the top 5 batsmen ever but not in the top 3, definitely not. That said we can't stop admiring his batting, can we? He is good to watch IMO but as you said beauty lies in the eyes of beholder :wtg:

Re: Brian Lara batting right handed and think of it.. going back to what i was saying about technique... he was never going to be a model of consistency like a SRT or RD but yea, as you said when he gets in, he cashes bigtime... thats exactly what i mean by me feeling he will get out any ball.. u never know which brian lara is coming out to bat today.... but it pisses me off when people compare him to SRT :mad: SRT has pretty much single handedly carried the Indian team throughout the late 90's lara just pales in comparison.