Your playing 11 for first game against banglas?

Re: Your playing 11 for first game against banglas? Ganguly Uthappa Pathan/Sehwag Tendulkar Dravid Yuvraj Dhoni Agarkar Harbajan Zaheer Munaf I dont want agarkar dropped. He along with Zaheer are must. ill only select one from pathan and sehwag. I might even consider replacing bhaji with Kumble.

Re: Your playing 11 for first game against banglas? I would play Pathan. Gives us an extra batsmen. Also, the fact that Sehwag will be in the team , he can be used to complete the 10 overs. I would actually bowl Pathan when the ball is old just like a spinner and would complete his 10 overs in a trot preferable between 20 to 40 overs period after the power play.

Re: Your playing 11 for first game against banglas? I would go with : Ganguly Uthappa Yuvraj Tendulkar Rahul Karthik Dhoni Harbhajan Zaheer Kumble Patel I think Kumble is simply too good for Bangladesh. They will still struggle to put bat on ball against Kumble. Only seasoned players that have played him many times do good against him. Yuvraj, Ganguly and Tendulakar can bowl the 10 overs between them. Although Karthik may not look like he is in the class of other batsmen he is a determined one and always seem to do well when opportunity arises. He has showed he has the temperament and class enough to perform at this level. If he is not played now then he can't be drafted in later. The best to do is play the inform players in the first ever game in the WC. Then you can think about tweaking and trying other options.

My 11 Uthappa Ganguly SRT Dravid Yuvraj Sehwag Dhoni Harbhajan Zahir Agarkar Munaf I would pick Sehwag over Pathan in WI because pitches in general are slow and low. Pathan is a good bat when ball comes on quick off the wicket and generally struggles against spin.

Re: My 11

Uthappa Ganguly SRT Dravid Yuvraj Sehwag Dhoni Harbhajan Zahir Agarkar Munaf I would pick Sehwag over Pathan in WI because pitches in general are slow and low. Pathan is a good bat when ball comes on quick off the wicket and generally struggles against spin.
pretty much the same time.. but i wud go for pathan instead of shewag.. shewag is totally outa sorts now... atleast pathan is in better position than veeru.. he can be a good lower order bat. if he can bowl good 4 or 5 overs then its enuf.. he can b considered as a part time bowler and he bats lot better than veeru, atleast when u see the current form....