who is the best all rounder do u think playing 2007 worldcup

Re: who is the best all rounder do u think playing 2007 worldcup An all rounder is someone that can get into the team on either accounts, batting and bowling. Kallis bowling won't win him a place in the South African XI. He is one of the top bats in the tourney but his bowling is not the same anymore. Freddi, Pollock and Oram are some of the names that come to mind. If I had to pick one it has to be Freddi.

Re: who is the best all rounder do u think playing 2007 worldcup i think its a rather contentious debate... some of the allrounders who are doing well with the bat, are just mediocre with the ball such as oram... while some who have been exhilarating with the ball are not so convincing with the bat like pollock. someone who has done decently well, though not outstanding by and stretch of imagination, in both disciplines has been kallis. so i would have to say its him. another contender is gayle. though not about to set the stage on fire with his bowling, it is nonetheless crafty enough to tie down the opposition for then tidy overs. not to mention the bounce he is able to extract from his height...

Best allrounders by team SA: Pollock WI: Gayle India: None Oz: Watson or Symonds (if fit) Pak: Hafeez based on current form else Shoaib Malik is pretty good if he can keep his arm straight :-) SL: Maharoof Nz: Vettori followed by Styris Eng: Flintoff I think hafeez base don his current form is quite under rated.

Re: who is the best all rounder do u think playing 2007 worldcup Shaun Pollock ! A world class strike bowler at the peak of his powers, having taken 25 wickets @ a staggering average 16.4 during the '06/07 season. An excellent lower order batsman capable of building partnerships and using the long handle when required. Scored two fifties vs the Australian bowling attack last season and some useful cameos lower down the order vs IND and PAK. Easily the best there is. I can't help but laugh at people who bring up Oram. He is a devastating batsman, but as a bowler ? No way. He is no better than Justin Kemp with the ball, and has a very average record over the last two seasons to show for it.

Re: who is the best all rounder do u think playing 2007 worldcup

I can't help but laugh at people who bring up Oram. He is a devastating batsman, but as a bowler ? No way. He is no better than Justin Kemp with the ball, and has a very average record over the last two seasons to show for it.
When you are done laughing, here is some light... Oram averages 50 with the bat in last 10 matches and at a devastating strike rate.... his overall bowling strike rate is around 40 which is pretty good... his career economy rate is 4.4, which is pretty impressive... an allrounder is someone who can hold his place both with bat and ball..... Oram will easily do tht in the current NZ team... Shaun polly averages 23 or something with the bat in last 10 matches.... his bowling figures look good thanks to the extra-ordinary ability of indian and pakistani batters to play ball pitched on a length on off stump..... otherwise, he was a hair;s breadth close to getting dropped....

When you are done laughing, here is some light... Oram averages 50 with the bat in last 10 matches and at a devastating strike rate.... his overall bowling strike rate is around 40 which is pretty good... his career economy rate is 4.4, which is pretty impressive... an allrounder is someone who can hold his place both with bat and ball..... Oram will easily do tht in the current NZ team... Shaun polly averages 23 or something with the bat in last 10 matches.... his bowling figures look good thanks to the extra-ordinary ability of indian and pakistani batters to play ball pitched on a length on off stump..... otherwise, he was a hair;s breadth close to getting dropped....
blah blah blah... I never denied that Oram is a good batsman. He is a sh*t bowler. Averages 45 with the ball over the course of the last two seasons ! If you think he can hold a place in the Kiwi side as a bowler alone while averaging in the 40's, you must be deluding yourself ! Yeah, i'll keep laughing...

blah blah blah... I never denied that Oram is a good batsman. He is a sh*t bowler. Averages 45 with the ball over the course of the last two seasons ! If you think he can hold a place in the Kiwi side as a bowler alone while averaging in the 40's, you must be deluding yourself ! Yeah, i'll keep laughing...
and those 2 good seasons with the ball for Polly dont make a career.... Scoring quick 20s are for present-day tailenders.... Heck Baldy Rana does that consistently nowadays..... Polly should openly salute indian and paaki batters for reviviing his career on seaming pitches in SA..... u will see his stuff in Windies in the next month, until then, hold ur bladder while u laughing.....

and those 2 good seasons with the ball for Polly dont make a career.... Scoring quick 20s are for present-day tailenders.... Heck Baldy Rana does that consistently nowadays..... Polly should openly salute indian and paaki batters for reviviing his career on seaming pitches in SA..... u will see his stuff in Windies in the next month, until then, hold ur bladder while u laughing.....
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: