I Love The BBC...

When I was younger, I wasn't that big a fan of cricket. I only really cared when India played Pakistan, and even then I rarely watched the games. In 1999, at the age of 17, I broke my leg playing football. I had nothing to do but sit at home and watch TV. One sunday, I switched on to see two men in maroon at the crease, surrounded by eleven men in bright lime green. The kits were quite impressive. It looked nothing like my perception of cricket before hand. As the match progressed, so did my learning of the rules, and my willingness to cheer on the West Indies as if they were my own, solely because they were playing against Pakistan. There was an arrogant fast bowler who I instantly took a dislike to, and now, 8 years later, he misses the tournament with nandrolone allegations rife. My love for cricket had started, and I instantly went for the TV guide to see when India would be playing. As soon as that World cup ended, the BBC lost the rights to cricket. Recently, I was due to subscribe to Sky sports so that I could watch match highlights (I'll unfortunately be too busy to watch full games). My money was saved, for the first time in 8 years, full highlights of world cup matches will be shown for free on national TV. The BBC came to the rescue, and when I hear that famous old calypso theme tune, I will be taken back to the time I discovered the beauty of this game, and became an addict for life...

Re: I Love The BBC...

I loved ESPN STAR in India. All these SET MAX, Neo Sports, and all are just fkall :mad:
Set Max ruined cricket coverage in India for a long time ! Their broadcast of the WC was a joke, but unfortunately it turned out be a major hit and thereby influenced ESPN-Star to change as well. Remember the Asia Cup coverage by ESPN ? Absolutely laughable. Shekhar f*cking Suman (as if this tool knows anything about cricket) was anchoring the pre-post match shows. We would have sh*tty segments like Dean "Pitch Doctor" Jones (wearing the stethoscope, white coat, a slutty Indian chick named "Minnie" wearing a nurse's outfit - the whole nine yards !) and before the final they showed off cricketers' faces emblazoned on old Indian film posters. Before that tourney, they had the uber-crappy "Shaz and Waz" show. What a disgrace. Thank god they have come to their senses now and do proper cricket coverage, for the REAL cricket enthusiasts. Leave the extravagant bakwaas to losers like Set Max. I feel very, very sorry for viewers in India. Good luck guys - and don't forget to check your remotes to see if the mute button is working; you'll be pushing it like mad once the tourney is underway.

Re: I Love The BBC...

I loved ESPN STAR in India. All these SET MAX, Neo Sports, and all are just fkall :mad:
Set Max ruined cricket coverage in India for a long time ! Their broadcast of the WC was a joke, but unfortunately it turned out be a major hit and thereby influenced ESPN-Star to change as well. Remember the Asia Cup coverage by ESPN ? Absolutely laughable. Shekhar f*cking Suman (as if this tool knows anything about cricket) was anchoring the pre-post match shows. We would have sh*tty segments like Dean "Pitch Doctor" Jones (wearing the stethoscope, white coat, a slutty Indian chick named "Minnie" wearing a nurse's outfit - the whole nine yards !) and before the final they showed off cricketers' faces emblazoned on old Indian film posters. Before that tourney, they had the uber-crappy "Shaz and Waz" show. What a disgrace. Thank god they have come to their senses now and do proper cricket coverage, for the REAL cricket enthusiasts. Leave the extravagant bakwaas to losers like Set Max. I feel very, very sorry for viewers in India. Good luck guys - and don't forget to check your remotes to see if the mute button is working; you'll be pushing it like mad once the tourney is underway.
yep, saw the SA series in DEC.. for once the commentry was good, and so was the presentation. Ravi, Sunny, and Bhogle are way better then maninder singh and arun lal, etc Also, I kinda liked Vikram Sathaye too, he's the newest member of their team.. guys a mimic.. does some stuff real well... check this out

Re: I Love The BBC... Nothing beats sky. If 2 games are on at the same time in WC then can go interactive and flick over to the other game. Brilliant! Plus they show all the county cricket and all international teams tours. Aussies, enngland, india, SL etc. We get to see the lot :wtg: If you love cricket, in fact if you love sport then sky is the ultimate.