Some Bradman Footage...

Dravid

loll at the indian bowling' date=' no wonder he averages so highl[/quote'] He was a guy named Kishenchand, who had hardly ever bowled before. Lala Amarnath deliberately introduced him when Bradman reached 99, to confuse him. No one had any clue what he bowled, so Bradman cautiously blocked three balls before taking the single.

isnt that what I have been banging my head about ...... :winky: .... and the less said about the fielding the better.
In 1940s, I can imagine all the players languidly turning up at the ground half an hour before start with family and friends, run a couple of 100 m for warm-up, play the morning session thinking about what they're gonna eat for lunch, the afternoon session pondering what they're gonna have for tea and the post-lunch session contemplating what should they do for the upcoming family vacation. I am sure Sehwag would have averaged 250, Sachin 175, Dravid 160 and Ganguly 125 in those times. :-D

Guest dada_rocks

Long hop after long hop being delivered and bradman rocking back in ugly manner to hit it.. This guy remains most over-rated ever..

This video is another good reason why history should be dealt with delicately. The Indian team in question sported a lot of good players, including its skipper Lala Amarnath who was widely respected around the world. To point out loopholes into Bradman's average only comes back to make a mockery of Indian players, many of which(Amarnath, Hazare, Mankad) are all time greats. So please proceed with trepedition.

Actually Lurks no one in the right mind really puts those guys in the same category as the current maharathis ... They are given due respect for what they did in their times with unique handicaps and the usual PC news bytes and articles ... You will see none of them even mentioned in any Indian alltime XI never mind a World XI ... Geoffrey Boycott perhaps one of the few guys who stands as a link between that era and the current era agrees that cricket has evolved heck of a lot from what it was back then. You and I can openly question those past players but the experts wont. That will be like questioning Mo. Its a PC world out there Lurks.
Oh come on now, what was the need of bringing in PC into this situation BB? You are overdoing it at times. As for your assertion that none of these greats are brought in question I strongly disagree. Most Indian XI selection almost always merits mention of: a) Vijay Merchant(for opener) b) Mankad(opening plus spinner) c) hazare (middle order) Then of course there would be folks like Vishy, Bedi, Chandra, Prasanna, Engineer who all played in a good 30-40 year old period from today and they all would merit a mention in all time XI. In the end you may pick Sunny and Sehwag and I might pick Sunny and Merchant thats a different story but to suggest that none of players from these era would merit a mention, surely you realize you are being over the top. xx

Just the first shot in the video is sheer genius - he late cuts the ball from behind the stumps! The pull stroke at 0:47 is superb as well - the ball is hardly short enough to be pulled away. True, there is some ordinary bowling in there as well but keep in mind the frame per seconds of these videos is very low and not just this if you pick up footage of any sport from those times it gives the impression of being weird.