Sachin most complete batter&better then Lara-Ponting

PORT-OF-SPAIN, March 14: Three days after ridiculing the Indian cricket team's performance in recent years, Australian skipper Ricky Ponting opened the floodgates of admiration for Sachin Tendulkar, rating him above Brian Lara as the best batsman among his contemporaries. Comparing the two batting greats, Ponting said Lara could be more destructive on his day but Tendulkar scores above the West Indies skipper in technique and is the most complete batsman he has seen. ahead b "West Indian Lara and Indian Tendulkar are the two best batsmen I have played against. I have rated Sachin slightly because technically I thought he was a bit tighter, but Lara on his day is probably more damaging," Ponting wrote in his column for an Australian paper. Tendulkar had the best technique and performed well in all conditions, Ponting said "He is the most complete batsman I have seen. His technique is so good and he has played well in all conditions. To have 41 One-Day International tons shows what an appetite he has for scoring runs. As for Lara, Ponting wrote, "everyone can see his class, but he is also tough. When the West Indies have been down and out, he has stood up. And he has had to do it all himself a lot of the time." While Lara mixes with the Australians after matches, Ponting said he had rarely spoken to Tendulkar outside the cricket arena. "The Indians tend to keep to themselves and don't hang around very long after play. It is amazing how he has to live his life because of his popularity at home. We have heard stories of him having to do his grocery shopping at 3 a.m." Ponting said that Tendulkar, Lara, Pakistani Inzamam-ul-Haq, Sri Lanka's Sanath Jayasuriya and South African all-rounder Shaun Pollock - had dominated the game for more than a decade and are playing in their last World Cup.

Re: Sachin most complete batter&better then Lara-Ponting

"West Indian Lara and Indian Tendulkar are the two best batsmen I have played against. I have rated Sachin slightly because technically I thought he was a bit tighter' date=' but Lara on his day is probably more damaging," .[/quote'] That is a perfect assessment. Tendulkar is more technically adept and has fewer flaws in his game, but Lara is a free-spirit who can be unstoppable once he gets going. Not much to separate the two.

Re: Sachin most complete batter&better then Lara-Ponting Just saw the cricbuzz chat for a while, one dude was asking when did sachin ever play an innings like tikolo's one today Guess he's just trying hard to declare his nationality Although in a way he could be right though, not sure if SRT ever played against Canada :lol:

Re: Sachin most complete batter&better then Lara-Ponting

Just saw the cricbuzz chat for a while, one dude was asking when did sachin ever play an innings like tikolo's one today Guess he's just trying hard to declare his nationality
yaar, we find cartoons like that everywhere.. this person on another site named Kaif as the "Player of the 21'st Century" :lmao:

Re: Sachin most complete batter&better then Lara-Ponting I suspect foul play. Ponting must be saying this to get to the good side of Tendulakar after having questioned the Indian team's results in the last 3 years. Sometimes however a good team you are, you should not rile up champion players. When you do that you pay quite dearly. I see this as an attempt to mellow down the animosity there by reducing the aggressiveness of the opponent. These are all tried and tested methods. :hic: