Where's this test heading?

SachDan

i am having a sneaky suspicion that tendulkar will register his 40th hundred in 2nd innings!! :yay:
If the whole team manages to get a double hundred would be fine and good for a winning cause with the way pitch started playing in the last session
Another absorbing day of test cricket..still no clear favorites. Can India make another 100 more runs and put this match beyond Sri Lanka's reach?
I doubt it. And then the middle session is the best for batting and SL will make a lot by slaughtering our seamers. And our spinners are also not deadly as theirs. I wonder where we are heading! A lead of 237 is way short.:((

But setting a target of 350 is beyond us. For that we'll have to make 113 runs more and these two at the crease are our last batting pair. Other 5 are walking wickets for Mendis and Murali. And expecting Ganguly and Laxman to bat for another 100 runs is foolhardy. That is my concern. And this is why Dravid's wicket was so crucial, which raises another question to review which was taken after quite some time time when captain had a discussion with his bowler as well as the onfield umpire. Why couldn't Billy Doctrove tell him that he was not supposed to explain his decisions to the players?

But setting a target of 350 is beyond us. For that we'll have to make 113 runs more and these two at the crease are our last batting pair. Other 5 are walking wickets for Mendis and Murali. And expecting Ganguly and Laxman to bat for another 100 runs is foolhardy. That is my concern.
I know, we lost too many wickets. But still one good partnership will do it. Lets hope for the best.

Before those two wickets went down towards the end of day's play, this test was India's. Now it's poised on a knife's edge and could go either way. Sri Lanka are in the hunt, given their history of chasing seemingly difficult targets in the 4th innings at home. They once chased down 350 in a test against SA. I'd still back India to win though. The pitch is only going to get worse, there is plenty of turn on offer and run-scoring will become tough for the Lankans. I just hope those thunderstorms stay away.

India will get 100 runs more and we are winning this one..as i had always said v are poor starters but v come back pretty hard so we are taking this one..but this match wud be a close one as in India wud not dominate the match but it wud be 50-50 till the last wicket is taken..a super test match :two_thumbs_up:

i think wit gangluy and laxman at the crease and the morning session being a fairly good time to bat, we should be able to get at least 63 more runs to get the lead over 300 anything over 300 will be very hard to chase, of course if we bat well we can score around 120 more from here giving SL a target of 350 then the match is won for sure

I don't think we will be able to set more than 300' date=' though I certainly hope so. Both the batsman are new, so thats a BIG factor. It has to be one of those rare circumstances where both batsman are at a overnight score of shunaya.[/quote'] I guess, offering lights to the batsmen last night was a blessing in disguise for India. The batsmen would have to play the Lankan spinners with their tails up in a tricky small session in fading light. They can at least start fresh tomorrow. Dada did the right thing by talking to the umpires about it. As it is he blinks a lot, the bad light would have just made it worse :giggle: