Dravid wants a ?clinical performance?

Port of Spain: Ahead of their World Cup opener against Bangladesh, Team India captain Rahul Dravid has a tip or two for his boys ? enjoy the big stage and play hard. ?I would like my boys to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy everything that goes around the event, but obviously work very hard,? Dravid said. ?We have to ensure we give the boys enough time to relax and take their minds away from cricket so that when they come back to the ground they are fresh and really keen to go out there and do well,? he said. ?The World Cup is about working hard and preparing right. It is also about ensuring we have a downtime as well. We relax and enjoy the atmosphere. We enjoy the tournament because it comes once in four years,? said the Indian captain. Dravid is not losing sleep over his out-of-form players, specially opener Virender Sehwag, and said he expected his team to put up a ?clinical performance? against Bangladesh at Queen?s Park Oval here on Saturday. According to The Telegraph?s sources, former captain Sourav Ganguly has recovered from the right ankle injury. One understands he went through the motions on Wednesday and, so, there should be no doubt over his availability for Team India's opener on Saturday. ?I expect the team to put up a very professional and clinical performance, irrespective of who we play against. We respect Bangladesh. We have seen what they have done against New Zealand,? he said. ?It is not only India, but other sides also will have one or two things to sort out or one or two players who may not be in form. You can?t have 15 players in form. If you do, it?s amazing,? he said. ?It is up to others to make up for it if one or two guys are not doing well. We are very happy with the way our team has shaped up, the preparations we had. I feel most of the issues are sort of getting resolved.? India will play all their three preliminary round games in Port of Spain, which has been India?s favourite Caribbean venue since the first success against the West Indies in a 1971 Test match. Just one decisive match in the 1971 series gave India their first Test series triumph against the West Indies. Since then, India have won three more Test matches in the West Indies, and two of them were at the same Queen?s Park Oval. The venue has also been the venue of India?s lone limited-overs series triumph in the West Indies in 2002. A sizeable presence of people of Indian origin living in Trinidad has always ensured good support for India's cricketers. ?We always enjoy coming to Trinidad because we have always had good support. And since we are not playing the West Indies we expect even more support in our matches,? captain Rahul Dravid had said after India's arrival on Monday. (Agencies)

Re: Dravid wants a ?clinical performance?

?I expect the team to put up a very professional and clinical performance, irrespective of who we play against. We respect Bangladesh. We have seen what they have done against New Zealand,? he said.
I hope Dravid walks the talk and indeed produces a clinical performce because I'm certain taking Bangladesh seriously.