Just realised Ian Billcliff played us just few months ago

King

While watching the highlights I was wondering I had seen that fella somewhere and after few thoughts remembered this is the Kiwi cricketer playing for Canada. At the start of our club cricket season we played this guy and guess what he scored 130 or something against us. The club he played for scored about 320 runs or something and we got bowled out for 180. I remember him telling us folks he is settled in Canada now and was visiting NZ for the summer.

Re: Just realised Ian Billcliff played us just few months ago So you've actually played against an INTERNATIONAL cricketer...GREAT going... It is amazing the difference in class even between club and that level isn't it? I remember this game down in Southern California in the early to mid 80s where Mushtaq Mohammad, the famous Pakistani all rounder played against our club... he was 40+ and portly... yet he made our club bowling attack look so pedestrian... with his amazing timing and natural ball sense...

Re: Just realised Ian Billcliff played us just few months ago To be honest we claimed him the next time for a duck so he was not all that flashy. I am fortunate to have played against quite a lot of cricketers that went on to represent international cricket. I have to say I use to think the cricket they played before becoming an international was on par with the likes of us and after they played for about 2 years there was no comparison :hic: Mushtaq Mohammad was a class act, he was one of the better batters for Pakistan. I have watched his videos and he looked compact.

Re: Just realised Ian Billcliff played us just few months ago

I remember this game down in Southern California in the early to mid 80s where Mushtaq Mohammad, the famous Pakistani all rounder played against our club... he was 40+ and portly... yet he made our club bowling attack look so pedestrian... with his amazing timing and natural ball sense...
3 monthz back he came to WCL and played some practice games and helped others as a coach...

Re: Just realised Ian Billcliff played us just few months ago Too bad the US didn't qualify because there are few players on their team that have played with or against me...other than the US players i have also been lucky enough to play against ZIM test cricket B Watambwa, S Chanderpaul and numerous W Indian 1st class cricketer.