Why does Bhaji get so much stick?

What a stupid post.
you shud be talkin about your post.
Cos he is not as good as Warne you don't like him!
i PREFER someone as exceptional as warne or someone "a better matchwinner" than bhajji atleast as the fourth bowler. is that so hard to understand? its not rocket science that the team will be better served with a matchwinner of higher quality. for example if we are to defend 213 vs sa as in that match, bhajji would not have cut it.

I think people dont like bhajji when he starts darting it down the leg side be it tests or ODIs. Hit him for a 4 or a 6 early in his spell and he becomes far too defensive. Hardly seen him flight the ball off late despite that having brought him truckloads of wickets in the past. Also the alarming rate at which he is dropping catches regularly shows the decline in fitness ( though that goes for all other Indian players in general). At times, his brainless ways of getting out also makes you mad at him. He has got a better ability to bat than what his overall record with the bat suggests.

Thats what we need in odis, economical! He lalso takes bucket loads of wickets in tests, which is what we also want. Check his wicket taking record in tests, no idea what you on about! So to summise he is economical in odis and takes loads of wickets in tests. Yet the blind haters want him axed. Bizzare
How many times in the past have our fast bowlers taken early wickets in ODIs and the opposition were 3-4 down only for Bhajji to bowl his darts and let the batsmen settle into a nice ryhtm and then turn it on in the slog overs? Whats the point of being economical like that? As for test when and how often did he take 5 or even 4 wicket hauls in tests lately?
How many times in the past have our fast bowlers taken early wickets in ODIs and the opposition were 3-4 down only for Bhajji to bowl his darts and let the batsmen settle into a nice ryhtm and then turn it on in the slog overs? Whats the point of being economical like that? As for test when and how often did he take 5 or even 4 wicket hauls in tests lately?
Questioing his place in the test squad is ridiculous. Just check his record in tests won by India in last 2 years, 8 out of the 18 that he has played in, he has 51 wickets. Dare I say world's best test spinner in last 2 years, better than the Muralis, Swanns and co. Its in ODis where he has been a little disappointing and tends to go flat too soon .
Because he carries on like a muppet is what I was saying.
That sounds like sour grapes. http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;opposition=2;spanmax2=31+Dec+2009;spanmin2=01+Jan+2000;spanval2=span;template=results;type=bowling 13 tests against the world conquering Aussie side, 77 wickets @27, 7 5 wickets hauls and 3 10wicket hauls.:hatsoff: No wonder you aussies hate him so much.

Bhaj has been great for us in Test cricket since the SA home series in 2008, no way can he be criticized for those Test performances. Not to mention his crucial runs against Aussies at home in 2008 and in New Zealand as well (he also made a 40 in the first innings against England at Chennai). ODIs/T20Is I agree to an extent especially in terms of poor performance in CT/T20 WC but you look at how many runs the pacers leak and at least most of the times Harbhajan is relatively economical (given the dead tracks we bowl on).

He's been good in tests lately - no doubt. However, he is pretty crap in ODIs. Yes he'll deliver the odd performance here and there but from the leading spinner in the team, I would want more wickets in the middle overs than he delivers. He can bowl reasonably economical spells, but if you can't take wickets your numbers come out looking fine only for the opposition to thrash the other bowlers because they have wickets in hand. Just look at the garbage he dished out in the CT match against Pakistan as a prime example of bottling it under pressure. As the senior most bowler, he is expected to turn up in such situations not go missing.

Uhh dude' date=' even most Indians hate him. He is a a clown, I don't care about his record.[/quote'] Dat talks a lot about 'Mentally Disentegration' Till now ur posts seemed logical, But this Bhajji thread has brought the Symonds out of u!! Dats called Mental Disentegration!! :two_thumbs_up: