Why does Bhaji get so much stick?

What an idiotic post. Can you tell me one player whom Sree has been able to get to get on the nerves and therefore get him out? Or even Bhajji? There is a difference between practising sledging and getting on the opposition's nerves and clown like antics which seem to be admired by a bunch of teenagers on this forum Crass actions, abuses, booty shaking may be liked by a bunch of kids but have no place in cricket. what 200% dedication does Bhajji play with? He wont even try to stop a bowl in order to avoid injury. The F word might seem like passion and agressiveness to a bunch of kids but most can look beyond it. Symonds was thrown out of his team for unruly behaviour but we tolerate these clowns. I see no difference between some kids worshipping Sree and Bhajji's anitcs and the Afridi fans from over the border. Both value posturing over substance, obscenity over dignity and glitter over solid peformance
Typical oldie response. Sorry if I hurt your sentiments, uncle. But my self-respect and pride would prevent me from smiling back back and saying "Thank you" if someone calls me a ****ing idiot, a ******, a tw@ and stuff much worse. This is what our boys listen to on the field, so I don't really think they should shy away from giving it back. And don't try to fool yourself by saying Symo was thrown out of his team and blah blah. He had it a long time coming and it was shocking that you guys actually stood by a guy who falsely accused someone of being racist. Glenn McGrath was known to be an abusive douche-bag but you guys always protected him Haddin is next on the list. Look kid, there is only ONE cricketer in the past 2 decades who has had a crystal clear record and hasn't even stared at anyone, forget exchanging words. It is SACHIN TENDULKAR. Brian Lara, Steve Waugh, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Stephen Fleming, Sourav Ganguly, Dominic Cork, Andrew Caddick, Shane Warne, Nasser Hussain, Allan Donald, Pollock have resorted to it. Surprising you didn't find all these guys as obscene figs. How hypocritical of you! Moral of the story: If you can balance your performance and save your self-respect, do it. Don't bother about what some uncle has to say. He doesn't get sweared at. You do ! And kid, I don't know what you do and where you are from , but respect an opinion. If you don't like it, f-off. :two_thumbs_up:
Typical oldie response. Sorry if I hurt your sentiments, uncle. But my self-respect and pride would prevent me from smiling back back and saying "Thank you" if someone calls me a ****ing idiot, a ******, a tw@ and stuff much worse. This is what our boys listen to on the field, so I don't really think they should shy away from giving it back. And don't try to fool yourself by saying Symo was thrown out of his team and blah blah. He had it a long time coming and it was shocking that you guys actually stood by a guy who falsely accused someone of being racist. Glenn McGrath was known to be an abusive douche-bag but you guys always protected him Haddin is next on the list. Look kid, there is only ONE cricketer in the past 2 decades who has had a crystal clear record and hasn't even stared at anyone, forget exchanging words. It is SACHIN TENDULKAR. Brian Lara, Steve Waugh, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Stephen Fleming, Sourav Ganguly, Dominic Cork, Andrew Caddick, Shane Warne, Nasser Hussain, Allan Donald, Pollock have resorted to it. Surprising you didn't find all these guys as obscene figs. How hypocritical of you! Moral of the story: If you can balance your performance and save your self-respect, do it. Don't bother about what some uncle has to say. He doesn't get sweared at. You do ! And kid, I don't know what you do and where you are from , but respect an opinion. If you don't like it, f-off. :two_thumbs_up:
I havent seen any of the above mentioned players do a booty dance ALA Sree, or make faces like UV or roll on the floor like Bhajji. You are confusing agression with childlike antics Well whatever turns you on I suppose and I am only 26 so not ready for the grave yet

What you talking about MY Two Cents. It's not always called antics. Bhajji has perhaps has kept India's flag flying high in tuff situations where the opposition has been sledging us. Remember the 07-08 tour to Aus. Bhajji came up with the best reply every, when he took Hayden's wicket and then he teamed up with Yuvraj to do some Boxing skit(Hayden had said the day before that he wanted to see Ishant Sharma and Bhajji in a boxing game) That to me was the best reply ever seen on cricket field.

What you talking about MY Two Cents. It's not always called antics. Bhajji has perhaps has kept India's flag flying high in tuff situations where the opposition has been sledging us. Remember the 07-08 tour to Aus. Bhajji came up with the best reply every, when he took Hayden's wicket and then he teamed up with Yuvraj to do some Boxing skit(Hayden had said the day before that he wanted to see Ishant Sharma and Bhajji in a boxing game) That to me was the best reply ever seen on cricket field.
That was total classic by bhaji. Pawned Hayden with that bit of comedy!
I havent seen any of the above mentioned players do a booty dance ALA Sree, or make faces like UV or roll on the floor like Bhajji. You are confusing agression with childlike antics Well whatever turns you on I suppose and I am only 26 so not ready for the grave yet
:hysterical: You surely write here like you are 50 yr oldie getting sick of pranks of players. Chill dude, criticize their performance all you want, and try to look beyond their antics. Cricket, remember is, in immortal words of Younis Khan, just funzz and stuffz. :gossip:
Sorry uncle, are you suggesting that doing a booty dance is more offensive than asking a player what his captain's dick tastes like? :omg: Your thoughts seem a bit confused. You want to call Indian players childish but when your own players are guilty of something much worse, you post stuff like- "I havent seen any of the above mentioned players do a booty dance ALA Sree, or make faces like UV or roll on the floor like Bhajji". Very laughable. Instead of being a man and accepting that your players are wrong, you completely try to twist the argument to make your players look holier than thou. Why are you afraid of accepting the fact that your players are absolutely ridiculous at behaviour? :fail: Don't try to play games with me. It doesn't work that way. But well, thank Bhajji, Sree & Yuvi for turning you on :two_thumbs_up: And talk to me about my players being childish when you are man enough to accept that your players aren't Mother Teresa or reincarnations of Mahatma Gandhi :--D. My two cents can take my two cents and move on coz I don't really see that happening :hehe:
I still remember that incident. That one still makes me laugh :hysterical:

Don't you think people are going OTT on these super flat tracks. Kumble had some horror shows as well playing for India eg Inzi and Jasaruyi massacres come to mind. Quite rightly no one went beserk at him cos match conditions were a joke. Same applies here to a certain extent. He did not seem to be going backwards in last SA match when he was superb.

This fella is real patriot and 100% committed to team India. Every time he plays he gives it 110% for his country. At times is OTT and gives 200% in his desperation for India!Always rocks up when called to give his best! He as a decent test record. Yes to be fair he does need some assistance in the track to be really effective but most spinners do apart from the greats like murali and warne! He always keeps trying though and at times when thing go well has won tests matches for India. He also gives 100% in the field. He is a decent test bowler not brilliant but decent and is a worthy second spinner in right conditions. As a limited overs bowler he actually is very good. Always has very tidy spells with decent economy rates. Could take more wickets but his economy is superb and for example was badly missed in asia cup with the control he gets in middle overs. Played a key and underatewd role in T20 wc success! Despite all this he gets so much grief from fans. Gets targeted and criticised. Keep going Bhaji trying to fight fire with fire for IndiA:two_thumbs_up:
I am seeing this thread for the first time so am replying to the thread opener. This is an absolutely sincere heartfelt response. Bhajji may be getting flak from different people for different reasons. Some may just not like the guys face. So let me speak for myself. I denounce Bhajji because I am so damn disappointed from someone who was so bloody gifted. Bhajji, ten years ago was the finest bowler India had seen since the 70's (thus I am including Kumble). He had everything, a perfect action, lovely flight, great attitude, aggression and he was so young. The world was his to conquer. What we have today, for last six odd years or more, is a complete disaster compared to the great promise of this boy. I always tell youngsters to find a good coach and stick to him. The more the naturally gifted(particularly amongst bowlers) the more a subtle change in action, delivery etc will cause damage that they wont understand let alone correct. I suspect Bhajji suffers from this. He started bowling the doosra and slowly but surely his bowling started to change. Unfortunately, not only did this talented cricketer not have a great coach to fall back upon, he had the misfortune to have become one of India's super-stars and the media's blue eyed boy. Fans and media do not seem to realise what this can do to a young impressionable sports person particularly one from an humble background. Bhajji was so confident and so full of himself that he refused to talk to any of the great spinners India had in the past. I remember an interview of Prasanna when Bhajji was having a rough patch. The interviewer asked the great off spinner why people like him could not help Bhajji. Prasanna said something to the effect, "Of course I can and I know exactly whats happening to his bowling but for me to do that, someone has to ask me in the first place. I am not going to go about offering 'unwanted' advise and be told to stay put in my place" This is Bhajji's tragedy. That he does not realise what's wrong with his bowling and is too big to ask anyone. Even simple things like bowling round the wicket to left handers was something he refused to do for so many years and still employs very reluctantly. Of course he continues to have problem with left handers who should be fodder for a classy off spinner. There are other things like slowing down but to get the flight right he will have to go to a coach and its unlikely he can find someone better than Prasanna. And that wizard will only need the youngster's respect to spend unlimited time with Bhajji.
Don't you think people are going OTT on these super flat tracks. Kumble had some horror shows as well playing for India eg Inzi and Jasaruyi massacres come to mind. Quite rightly no one went beserk at him cos match conditions were a joke.
What childish complaining. Here you are criticising Mithun, 20 year old fast bowler with absolutely no test and limited first class experience bowling on a flat deck:
This guy is so average. Just a medium pace trundler we produce on mass. Makes me weap with despair seeing such mediocrity in seamers being played.
Apparently it's only a flat track when Bhajji is bowling!! :haha: Yet when people criticize bhajji for his lack of loop/guile and drift because he's our most experienced bowler you're poor little feelings get all hurt? :haha:

For those constantly cribbing about Bhajji faced with flat tracks. Here is his performance against Murali in tests in which both played. They played together in 13 test matches. Here are the stats

[B]Player   	Wkts	Ave	SR	5 fors	W/Test[/B]

[B]Harbhajan[/B]	47	36.36	69.4	2	3.6

[B]Muralitharan[/B]	77	28.42	55.3	6	5.9

Interesting. Wonder if we are going to hear that Bhajji was bowling to better batsmen in these games . . .

For those constantly cribbing about Bhajji faced with flat tracks. Here is his performance against Murali in tests in which both played. They played together in 13 test matches. Here are the stats
[B]Player   	Wkts	Ave	SR	5 fors	W/Test[/B]

[B]Harbhajan[/B]	47	36.36	69.4	2	3.6

[B]Muralitharan[/B]	77	28.42	55.3	6	5.9

Interesting. Wonder if we are going to hear that Bhajji was bowling to better batsmen in these games . . .

Comparing bhajji to Murali is a stretch sjs. even for the bhajji lovers!