Today/Tomorrow India at olympics - updated regularly

Cricketics

Wow. I don't know what to say, really. Saina was the better player, but she just blew it. I think she was just too nervous. Pretty amazing run though, and what a game Still...after leading by EIGHT POINTS at the break...it must really hurt.
Yeah the other player looked mentally stronger than Sania

Saina started off well but then lost a couple of points with the match in balance at 5 a piece. Yulianti then took a lead of 8-6. That's when Saina bounced back and took the lead again. But Yulianti fought back again and the game score 18-16. All this while, Saina seemed be tiring a bit, but held onto a scorline of 20-16. A good rally next, and Yulianti brought the game close again at 20-17. Playing for the set point, Saina could get the next point as Yulianti fought back again with the score at 20-18. Just one more point away Saina? Can you do it? Now the score at 20-19. One must win the game by 2 points. OMG, score at 20- all. Some smashing smashes by Saina puts Yulianti on the defensive and she puts one out. Score 21-20 for Saina. A brilliant dropshot by Yulianti catches Saina off-guard and score tied again at 21. Then a brilliant rally consisting of dropshots, clears, smashes and then Saina puts it out of bound. Yulianti leads the game at 22-21. Saina goes on the offensive, and steals a point. 22-all. Saina leads at 23-22 with another smash.. Sixth game-point for Saina but she gives it back to Yulianti. Game tied at 23 a piece. Another couple of smashes by Saina makes Yulianti make one go out of bounds.

Then a brilliant rally consisting of dropshots, clears, smashes and then Saina puts it out of bound.Another one into the nets and ITS GAME OVER!!!! Cant believe Saina lost!! She had the game at the halfpoint leading at 11-3 and then Yulianti surged forwad to win it from there. Unbelievable. [/quoteblock] Another set-pointe for Saina. Brilliant rally with a lot of clears and drop shots. The shuttle lands just inside the line and game tied again at 24. Come on Siana! A basic mistake by Saina an she is behind one point. A great comeback by Saina on the next point to bring the game to a tie again at 25. Out of bounds and Saina leads. yet another set point for Saina. Can she do it this time. 26-25. Another out of bounds by Saina and 26 all. The crowd appreciates and scheers on. Superb drop shot by Saina and yet another set point for Saina. 27-26. Surely she cant lose this game? And Yulianti puts the birdie out of bounds and Saina wins the first set. That was exciting. couldnt watch the second set at all, Yulianti wins 21-14 Saina misjudged a coupole of calls Last game: Score 2-2. Nice crosshot smash by Saina and she takes the lead at 4-2. Saina surges forward and takes a lead of 9-3. Must carry forward the momentum. A brilliant cros-court backhand takes Saina to a lead of 10-3. A close call at the boundary line and Saina at 11-3. The players switch sides. A brilliant rally but Saina comes up on the losing side this time and the score at 11-4 in favor of Saina. Another out of bounds by Saina and its 11-5. Come on Saina , dont lose focus now! Tremendous focus in the eyes of Saina, but she fails to connect a clear and its 11-6. A wild shot from Saina allows Yulianti to go on the offenseive and a couple of smashes and its 11-7. Now 11-8. The match swing again like a pendulum and its 11-9 as Saina's shot goes out of bounds once again. Admist all of this, my browser hangs and its 12-10 for Saina. yuliant rallies back again and its 12-11 for Saina. Saina hits the net again and its 12-all. The momentum is with Yulianti and its 12-13 for Saina. Come on ! Another misjudgement by Saina and its 12-14 Saina. A brilliant rally follows and it shows Saina is tired. 12-15. Saina completely missing the plot now as she smashes right into the nets. OH no, 12-17. What a turn around its was 11-3 at halftime and now is 12-17. Another smash goes into the nets, and its 12-18. And another one!!!! 12-19. A good drop by Saina gives her the serve and follows it up with a thumping smash. But another comeback by Yulianti, and its game point!! 15-20 Another one into the nets and ITS GAME OVER!!!! --- Cant believe Saina lost!! She had the game at the halfpoint leading at 11-3 and then Yulianti surged forwad to win it from there. Unbelievable. Interesting to note that the player's took at most like 3 steps from the center position. One also needs flexibility to stretch and counter-act the drop shots. lots of spelling typos but it was live commentary so live with it :D

good summary there ludhainiv. i know as an Indian it really hurts as she lost. seriously unbelieveable. but what is she, she was born in 1990. thats like about 18 yrz of age. in london olympics she would be jsut 22. i back her to win medal in there. sucks it couldn't happen here. still i say, this yulianti isn't a great player. she was just mentally tough today to beat after first set. that we saw in first set itself when it reached 24-26 or whatever. i think saina is still better then this indonesian. today was the day of that indonesian

The first game was much longer than it should have been. 28-26...that is just absurd. Saina was completely worn out after that. Giving up 8 game points in that first game will rankle her for the next 4 years. She would have taken it in two games had she ended it at 16-20. I think she is a bit too defensive. I said this after the last game when she beat that 4th seed from Hong Kong. She doesn't close out the point quickly enough, needlessly plays out long rallies and hits a little too straight for my liking. Ideally, a badminton player would be hitting diagonal cross-court shots after opening up the space on one side. Saina opened up the court countless times today, but kept hitting straight instead of hitting sideways. If she adjusts her game a bit and becomes a more diagonal player, she will be a very hard to beat.

but what is she, she was born in 1990. thats like about 18 yrz of age. in london olympics she would be jsut 22. i back her to win medal in there. still i say, this yulianti isn't a great player. she was just mentally tough today to beat after first set. that we saw in first set itself when it reached 24-26 or whatever. i think saina is still better then this indonesian. today was the day of that indonesian
For an 18 yr old, she played really well and should only improve from here. Her smashes were superb and drop shots were well-disguised. She misjudged quite a few of the calls for the boundary line. I was lucky enough that my proxy didnt die in between and witnessed a great match:two_thumbs_up: Reminds me of my high-school badminton days when I played for about 3 years. In the 3rd year, having qualified in the top-four in the school regionals and then having the opportunity to face-off in the inter-city competition I quit in the end on the fear of winning:hysterical:

Just finished watching the replay of the Spain vs China basketball match. What an awesome comeback by Spain, esp in the 4th quarter. Sadly for China, Yao Ming got fouled out when OT began. That spelt doom for them. Still, there is plenty of hope for China to get into the medal round, if she can continue playing like this.