Champions Twenty20 League : Champions League to begin on December 3

Indian janta is liking twenty20 cricket. I called my uncle once in May and asked him what his evening plan was..He just said "kuch nahi..ghar jaake twenty20 dekhenge". No wonder Champions league is going to be held in India
I was in India in jan 08. When I went to a get a haircut, one of the guys had yuvis 6 sixes in his cell phone. Most people in india do prefer 20/20 over tests :((
I was in India in jan 08. When I went to a get a haircut' date=' one of the guys had yuvis 6 sixes in his cell phone. Most people in india do prefer 20/20 over tests :(([/quote'] Not a big thing....most of the great moments of IPL are to be seen everywhere.
I was in India in jan 08. When I went to a get a haircut' date=' one of the guys had yuvis 6 sixes in his cell phone. Most people in india do prefer 20/20 over tests :(([/quote'] Dude,even I have the 6 sixes on my phone. :hysterical: But i also have India Aus 2001 Highlights. (4 hours):two_thumbs_up:, as well as WC03 Highlights. :--D

Champions Twenty20 League formally launched The BCCI-backed Champions Twenty20 League was formally launched today after an agreement was reached by the BCCI, Cricket Australia and Cricket South Africa during a meeting in Mumbai. The tournament will be held from September 29 to October 8 at a venue yet to be confirmed. The Champions Twenty20 League will also give priority to the ICC's FTP which allows Michael Hussey and Matthew Hayden to play Australia's warm-up match from October 2 to 5 before the first Test against India begins in Bangalore on October 9. Hussey and Hayden are also part of the Chennai Superkings squad, who are one of the Indian teams in the Champions Twenty20 League. "One of the regulations of the proposed Champions League is that all international players who have FTP commitments at that time are required to play international matches and not the league matches," Lalit Modi, the IPL commissioner, said. "There are one or two players impacted by that and those players will be excused from the IPL commitment." More to follow ...

ECB to agree to Middlesex invite for BCCI's Champion's League The England and Wales Cricket Board is unlikely to stand in Middlesex's way if they decide to enter the Twenty20 Champions League tournament. More... ECB to agree to Middlesex invite _44879149_middlesex_b203.jpgMiddlesex beat Kent to win the Twenty20 Cup by just three runs The England and Wales Cricket Board is unlikely to block Twenty20 Cup winners Middlesex from the £3m Champions League if they decide to enter it. Middlesex have been invited but, as yet, are non-committal due to the ECB's conflicts with its Indian counterparts. The Indian board maintained teams who had players from the rebel Indian Cricket League would not be invited and excluded Kent accordingly. The ECB is set discuss the issue at a board meeting on Monday. Middlesex have been invited to join the two finalists from Australia, South Africa and India - along with a team from Pakistan - in the lucrative tournament this autumn. Originally both finalists from England were initially invited. But Kent have now been overlooked because they fielded Justin Kemp and Azhar Mahmood who played in the unsanctioned ICL, which competes against the ICC-backed Indian Premier League. The ECB is set to discuss whether to take a stand and not enter until 2009 - or to allow Middlesex to play in the 2008 tournament should they wish. "We would obviously consult with the ECB before making any final decision," said Middlesex secretary Vinny Codrington. "I haven't seen the offer yet but we are part of the ECB and we'd have to go through the consultation with them. "From our point of view we've got extremely good relations with both the BCCI [board of Control for Cricket in India] and the ECB and we're excited about the fact the tournament is going ahead and we'll have to wait and see what happens." This is plainly bullying tactics by the BCCI dictating the cricket world as they see fit..... At present the ECB is unwilling to give its backing to the Champions League in its current format, saying it is unhappy with several aspects of the proposal - including the ban on ICL players. England had expected to be a founder member of the Twenty20 Champions League event with voting rights and shares alongside India, South Africa and Australia but are now more likely to accept a role as a participant only. The event is due to take place between 29 September and 8 October, starting just one day after the International Cricket Council's Champions Trophy finishes. The ICC, who is yet to comment on the affair, has ruled that no official international events can be staged a week before or a week after a global event. But the BCCI is set to argue only domestic teams are involved so this ruling does not apply. The inaugural tournament will feature eight teams who will play 15 matches at three venues - Jaipur, New Delhi and Mohali - but that number will increase to 12 teams playing 23 matches in 2009.

Champions League to begin on December 3 Champions Twenty20 League Champions League to begin on December 3 Cricinfo staff August 14, 2008 The inaugural Champions League Twenty20 will be played between December 3 and 10, instead of October, the organisers - the boards of India, Australia and South Africa - have announced. To accommodate the change, the first Test between Australia and South Africa in Perth has been pushed back from December 12 to December 17. The eight-team tournament was initially scheduled to begin on September 29, the reserve day of the Champions Trophy, but the ICC was unhappy with its timing, given its close proximity to the Champions Trophy. It asked the three founding members of the Champions League to rethink, and they said they would revert in seven days. It was expected last week that the dates would be postponed to early December, between England's two-Test and seven-ODI tour of India. No other international fixtures have been scheduled on those dates, allowing all players to participate. The tournament has been sandwiched between the India's seventh one-dayer against England and the first Test in Ahmedabad, which start a day before and after the tournament respectively. "We are happy that we were able to find a window during the first week of December for the inaugural edition of the Champions League Twenty20," Lalit Modi, the IPL commissioner, said. "There was a gap in between the one-day internationals and Tests [in India] against the touring England squad, which will enable both the Rajasthan Royals and the Chennai Super Kings (the IPL finalists) to regroup and focus on the inaugural edition of the Champions League Twenty20." Gerald Majola and James Sutherland, the chief executives of the South African and Australian boards respectively, said they had consulted the players, players' associations and the Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA) - the hosts of the Perth Test - before deciding the dates. "We were pleased with the WACA reaction that the new playing dates offer local fans, including corporate groups wanting to entertain at the cricket, good dates for pre-Christmas Test match enjoyment, and we also took feedback from players that the changes could be accommodated without compromising what will be a defacto World Test Cricket Championship bout between Australian and South Africa during December and January," Sutherland said. Majola told Cricinfo that the organisers have "conveyed the new dates to the ICC and they are fine with it." The venues and commercial partnership details will be finalised in the coming weeks. The Champions Twenty 20 League comprises the Twenty20 domestic finalists from India , Australia and South Africa, Pakistan's winner Sialkot and England's champion Middlesex. The competition was announced on July 30, with a total prize money of US$ 6 million which will be shared between all teams.