Is it true that in Mumbai Housing societies segregrate based on religion ?

Texy

Those riots were instigated by the Muslim League and Congress. Because the Bengali leaders always wanted a United Bengal as the third country. And the killing of bloggers is a recent phenomenon and are committed by Madrasa students which are funded by Middle Eastern countries and Pakistan. But the society in general is surely more tolerant. There is very rarely racial or should I say religion based profiling being done but I don't see the same in India and Pakistan.
You are making judgement on India and Pakistan over what the minority does (let's say 10%?). Yet you yourself are saying if you don't include 10% of the Bengali population they are peaceful. You're a confused guy.

Ironic when muslims have their own portal for housing - buyers and sellers have to be muslims....and to justify this portal they played victim card as usual. http://aligproperties.com/index.php Site by Techies from Aligarh Muslim University and IITs - well done... :two_thumbs_up: Look at some banners there - openly mentioning "posh muslim area". What exactly is muslim area? Why does Arnab Goswami not show this portal on his news hour program? And then the seculars have a field day when some muslim is denied a house,etc :banghead: Just a perspective - there will be area of about 250 square Kms in Hyderabad where I will NOT be able to buy any property or take on rent. Do I cry about it? No. House is considered very personal and it should be the right of the owner what/who he wants to allow inside or not.

I am looking at it from diff angle. Zeeshan Khan story where he got reply from a firm saying we don't hire muslims. Now, this mail was sent by a trainee. Its an extremely odd thing to happen. Why would a trainee reply like this ? More so when they have Muslims working in the firm already ? Can be only in 2 cases, One, The trainee was mentally retarded or mischievous, which can be ruled out to an extent as trainees too are recruited after some basic interview process. Second, She/he was paid to do so. By whom ? May be by those who wanted to make a big story based on discrimination and kickstart the "secularism in danger" drivel again. Only a few days after that we get this Misbah Qadri drama, something which looks totally staged in the series of Zeeshan Khan's story.
:hmmm: Point hai. Trainee wouldnt write such a email. Hope its not "Hindu Male " question on NDTV

Bangladesh is miles head of India and Pakistan in term of religious tolerance. Though 10 % muslim extremists create a lot of fuss and the random killing of seculars Bangladeshis, people in general are very tolerant. In Dhaka it is beyond imagination to have separate localities for Hindus and Muslims. Actually a majority of Indians identify themselves as Hindus and most Pakistanis identify themselves as Muslims. BUt the reason Bangladesh is in a better position is because 90% Bangladeshis' primary identity is beng Bengali. Whenever I go to India and Pakistan I see this negative attitude towards Muslims and Hindus respectively. It would have been better for the Indian subcontinent if countries would have been made based on ethno-linguistic lines like nations of Punjabis, Gujratis, Tamils, Pashtuns, Sindhis. This would have them more religious tolerant like us. That day I can have my dream country of United Bengal too with amalgamation of Bangladesh, Tripura, West Bengal and half of Assam.
Taslima Ben says hello :cantstop:

I have lived in Green Park in Delhi and had no issues.My cousins live in Noida and they have had no issues.I myself own a 3 storied house in Gurgaon and have had no issues. Secondly partying and disturbing people is one thing having your bf and gf stay over with you is a totally different thing.Also what i cook in my house is my problem no one else's.
The issue is where there are tenement to few storey type society. Everyone knows each other. In multi storey Building society its generally not a problem. Nowadays all new builds are multi storey. I remember once a excise inspector came to live in our colony. Poor chap probably used to eat egg. Kaamvaali Bai complained. Society had a meeting. Called the owner and message was conveyed to this guy. Now this guy was a gentleman and all was fine. Couple of months back I was in Patparganj and their it was story of Girlfriend Boyfriend late night music and Maste. Society has building 4+ storey tall opposite to Max hospital. They took action.

What is your take on Delhi waale colonies not allowing naan veg peepul?:hmmm:
my take is that if you are not sharing the house then how does it matter? Secondly, letting a house is a decision of the landlord not padosis and full mohalla. I am in my right to refuse to let my house to anybody I dislike. There is no law against it. When the whole mohalla is opposed to one section of the society then it's pathetic as there is larger bias based on caste/religion. We rented houses in UP for many years when my father was working for a bank. There were people who told us that they were ok with us being non-veg but they dont want us to cook but it was ok to bring in cooked :dontknow: , some said they dont care even though they were jains and some said pls No non veg. Not even a single person who didnt share the same building had anything to say about it. We heard them and respected their view, if we wanted to eat and cook chicken and they didn't want us to then we didn't rent from them. My Nani had tenants who lived on the 2nd and the 3rd floor, they were bengalis and they stayed there for 5+ years and it was all good but we all hated them when they cooked fish. The whole house would stink of fish and since we didn't eat fish we were not used to the smell. This made my Nani upset for a few minutes but she never ever considered asking them to leave nor did she ask them to stop cooking. Her point was that they paid for a kitchen and they can cook whatever they want. She also had muslim tenants in her house, in fact it was Shahid Kapoor's mom, he was born while they were renting that house. My Nani was a refugee who left everything in Pakistan and a very strong RSS/BJP supporter but she never discriminated. Sorry for the long post :P

my take is that if you are not sharing the house then how does it matter? Secondly, letting a house is a decision of the landlord not padosis and full mohalla. I am in my right to refuse to let my house to anybody I dislike. There is no law against it. When the whole mohalla is opposed to one section of the society then it's pathetic as there is larger bias based on caste/religion. We rented houses in UP for many years when my father was working for a bank. There were people who told us that they were ok with us being non-veg but they dont want us to cook but it was ok to bring in cooked :dontknow: , some said they dont care even though they were jains and some said pls No non veg. Not even a single person who didnt share the same building had anything to say about it. We heard them and respected their view, if we wanted to eat and cook chicken and they didn't want us to then we didn't rent from them. My Nani had tenants who lived on the 2nd and the 3rd floor, they were bengalis and they stayed there for 5+ years and it was all good but we all hated them when they cooked fish. The whole house would stink of fish and since we didn't eat fish we were not used to the smell. This made my Nani upset for a few minutes but she never ever considered asking them to leave nor did she ask them to stop cooking. Her point was that they paid for a kitchen and they can cook whatever they want. She also had muslim tenants in her house, in fact it was Shahid Kapoor's mom, he was born while they were renting that house. My Nani was a refugee who left everything in Pakistan and a very strong RSS/BJP supporter but she never discriminated. Sorry for the long post :P
Axcellent post. COnsidering you are a high caste Brahmin who doesnt even eat Onion Garlic those are liberal views.

Axcellent post. COnsidering you are a high caste Brahmin who doesnt even eat Onion Garlic those are liberal views.
:hysterical: I had a pepperoni pizza for dinner yesterday and fish in black bean sauce was my lunch :cantstop: On a serious note, my Nani ate chicken herself so maybe it was easier for her but I can understand how smell of non veg can affect people in the same house.

:hysterical: I had a pepperoni pizza for dinner yesterday and fish in black bean sauce was my lunch :cantstop: On a serious note, my Nani ate chicken herself so maybe it was easier for her but I can understand how smell of non veg can affect people in the same house.
But by caste you are a high caste Brahmin.Isnt it?

But by caste you are a high caste Brahmin.Isnt it?
I dont know what is high caste in Brahmin. TBH being Brahmin has been kind of embarrassing growing up, people have invited me and fed me because Im brahmin. Sometimes people did it at some pooja for shaadi and sometimes for uthala :cantstop:. I would tell them that I eat chicken but they insisted, I did make a point that I didnt eat chicken on the day I went to thing like that as to me it doesn't matter but to someone it does.

I dont know what is high caste in Brahmin. TBH being Brahmin has been kind of embarrassing growing up' date=' people have invited me and fed me because Im brahmin. Sometimes people did it at some pooja for shaadi and sometimes for uthala :cantstop:. I would tell them that I eat chicken but they insisted, I did make a point that I didnt eat chicken on the day I went to thing like that as to me it doesn't matter but to someone it does.[/quote'] Even brahmins have ranks.you belong to a high rank among Brahmins. Uthala pe bhi khaya tu. Kya Petu aadmi hai be!