That's a tie

King

Re: That's a tie Amazing result and the last over was just fantastic to watch. Great ball the last ball by the Irish bowler, that was top class bowling when Zimboks only needed 1 run to win from the last ball. Even the fielding the ball before was top class. The irish fielder put in a great effort to stop that ball going to the boundary. Great commitment. Go Ireland :wtg:

Re: That's a tie this is really good for the game..... it really sadden me though to see zimbabwe from the level it had attained..... We had invested a lot in Zimbabwe..... Zimbabwe had started around the same time that Srilanka had started.... Sadly South Africa is not playing the mentoring role that India played for Sri Lanka..... gone are the days of the Flower brothers, Brandes, Neil johnson, Strang bros.... and no mention of Zimbabwe's past can be complete without Houghton's name in it.... He has played one of the greatest world cup innings that I have seen.... and it took one of the greatest ever catches (Crowe) to get him out that day....

Re: That's a tie Irish did really well to stage a come back. Zimbok had about 19 runs to knock off of 39 balls with 5 wickets on hand. It took some luck, good catching and bad batting by Zimboks to tie the game. I have to say I didn't know Irish followed their cricket this closely. They had a sizeable crowd and each of them seemed to be a cricket fanatic out there. I hope in the years to come they put up a better show and get some quality cricketers. They can add a lot fo the sport. They look a tough bunch of sportsmen.

Re: That's a tie

Irish did really well to stage a come back. Zimbok had about 19 runs to knock off of 39 balls with 5 wickets on hand. It took some luck, good catching and bad batting by Zimboks to tie the game. I have to say I didn't know Irish followed their cricket this closely. They had a sizeable crowd and each of them seemed to be a cricket fanatic out there. I hope in the years to come they put up a better show and get some quality cricketers. They can add a lot fo the sport. They look a tough bunch of sportsmen.
Aus selector has predicted Ireland to beat Pak.