Usains World record

Rajiv

AWESOME!! Only reason the man is already not the biggest start on Track and Field is because he is not an American. As someone who has actually watched Michael Johnson in action let me assure you that his record in 200m was supposed to be one of the toughest one to beat. When Johnson ran he basicallly shut every other oppertunity to break his record, man that athlete ran like his bottom was on fire!! For Bolt to break the 100 m and 200 m world record in same Olympics, he should be christened the Athlete of the game ahead of Phelps. xx

Unbelievable performance from Bolt. He's been overshadowed by the Phelps' feats. If breaking the world record in the 100 after cruising for the last 20 m isnt enough, then he topped that with world record breaking performance in the 200 m as well. I dunno how many here realize the significance of this, but some said Michael Johnson's world record of 19.32 could NEVER be beaten. And heck, Usain Bolt ran faster than that with a s! head wind of -0.9 m/s!! Truly, the single most incredible athletic feat in a long time!

If breaking the world record in the 100 after cruising for the last 20 m isnt enough
I am pretty sure there was a reason for that. Sponsors offer athletes huge bonuses for breaking records in a certain amount of time - Bolt probably wasn't offered anything, hence the show-boating in the final 50m of that 100m race. He slowed down the run on purpose.

On the contrary' date=' IMO Phelps' feats have been overshadowed by Bolt ! Or maybe that's what were trying to say anyway :D[/quote'] You just have to look at the news to realize what I am saying. Phelps is ALL OVER the media, print and electronic. There are already DVDs on his Beijing performance that are out.
I am pretty sure there was a reason for that. Sponsors offer athletes huge bonuses for breaking records in a certain amount of time - Bolt probably wasn't offered anything' date=' hence the show-boating in the final 50m of that 100m race. He slowed down the run on purpose.[/quote'] Possibly. He could have cracked 9.59, had he kept it at full pelt right through.

You just have to look at the news to realize what I am saying. Phelps is ALL OVER the media' date=' print and electronic. There are already DVDs on his Beijing performance that are out.[/quote'] Well I did add "IMO" (In my opinion) :D.. Bolt's been the athelete of the olympics for me, and he has totally overshadowed all the hype over Phelps.

I dunno how many here realize the significance of this, but some said Michael Johnson's world record of 19.32 could NEVER be beaten. And heck, Usain Bolt ran faster than that with a s! head wind of -0.9 m/s!! Truly, the single most incredible athletic feat in a long time!
Its worth watching Johnson's race(they have it on nbcolympics.com) and compare it to Bolt's record. After watching Johnson's race for about 6th or 7th time in the last 12 years i still can't make myself believe that a human being was able to run faster than Johnson did on that day.