Ranji Trophy, Super League, 2008-09

Chandan

44.5 Kundu to Badrinath, SIX, this one's even bigger! similar shot but gets more elevation. He's in a hurry to finish this off now 44.4 Kundu to Badrinath, SIX, shot! flighted outside off, Badrinath is tempted, dances down the track and deposits it over the long-off boundary for a big six! just 35 runs to win. Go Tamizha Go!!!!:haha:

farcical end. bengal lost. TN won. Badri, Vijay, Balaajee enhanced enhanved their reputaions in front of national selectors. "An excellent comeback by TN after Bengal had the better of the first three days of this match. Balaji was their main performer, scoring 47 in the first innings to reduce the lead to 39, and then back that up with a superb six-wicket haul to help bowl out Bengal cheaply. There was still a matter of 227 runs to be chased down, and TN did it in style, with Vijay and Mukund providing them the ideal start. After their departure, S Badrinath took over, and although not entirely convincing in his knock, did well enough to see his team through to a comprehensive win."-cricinfo

What a load of complete sh-t Milestones. Bah. Whoever said that a number of Indian players are obsessed with them was right. This Ranji QF is turning into a pathetic farce. For the last god-knows-how-long Badrinath has been trying to milk a hundred. Karthik is blocking non-stop, so we're getting overs where Badri takes a single to start and Karthik blocks the rest. After that the Bengal players have gotten upset and started bowling ridiculously wide - Kundu and Tiwary are firing the ball FEET down the leg side, and it's disgusting to watch them bowling deliberate wides. And to make it even more farcical, Badri's had several moments where he's tried to monopolise the strike completely - hitting the ball out to the deep, starting for the first run and then turning back when he realized he couldn't get 2 to monopolise the strike with Karthik happy to play along with this farce. Some of the most painful, boring and generally disgusting cricket I've seen from both sides. Thank you Badrinath, Karthik and the Bengal bowlers for turning an entertaining run chase into a borefest focused around one man's milestone (which thankfully he didn't reach). No wonder you've got a crowd in double digit numbers at this game - if teams play this sort of crap on the field, who the hell wants to go to the ground and watch the game? If there is a thing such as karma, I hope Tamil Nadu get flayed in the semi finals.

Badri enhanced his reputation? What a pathetic display of batting, focusing only on a milestone with disgusting tactics like hitting to the deep, running halfway down the track and turning back because he couldn't keep the strike otherwise. My opinion of him has gone downhill rapidly in the last 30-odd minutes. Some time ago I would have been pulling for him to get a ton and push for a national squad - right now India doesn't need a batsman in the middle order who'll turn a game into a farce just for a personal milestone.

2 of the QFs look like they will meander out to dour draws ... however Mumbai beat HP quite easily and the other QF Saurashtra vs Karnataka is shaping up to be quite an exciting encounter 104 to win in 1 session with 6 wickets in hand and one of the players of the season Pujara is still in on 79

let us face the facts: hundreds get more recognition, than match winning 80+/90+. when some one points out a batsman's case for inclusion, invariably the number of centuries scored in the year in first class cricket is considered. i am not equating SRT's 103* in chennai in association with Yuvi, with Badri's knock, but Yuvi allowed Sachin to score his hundred. he slowed down markedly to let sachin reach his thoroughly deserved 100. when another contender- Manoj Tewary scored a hundred in the same match-dog eat Dog- stiff competition, under the circumstances, Badri has not committed murder. TN had the match in the bag by the time Badri crossed 60+. look at this way, if he can toy with the bowling , it reflects poorly on Bengal than on Badri. he scored 45 off 77 balls with 6 x4's. he scored his last 47 runs off 39 balls, with another 6 x4's and 2 sixers, despite not taking singles.

there is nothing when a batsmen tries to get a 100 when victory is secured, especially for someone trying to break into the team....and it's not really 'unsportive'.....in a similar way, would you say the second test with Eng was also a farce when Gambhir and Yuvi wanted 100s?........but that's just how it is. although tiwary did it out of frustration of losing the match...but throwing wides on purpose to deny it is pretty unsportive. It will look bad on tiwary because he is contention with Badri for a spot, and denying it purposefully is a bit weird. It's like if Vijay had tried to run out Badri because they both are fighting for a test spot....but trying to get a 100 is understandable. However, all this ruined a perfectly great match....

Milestones. Bah. And to make it even more farcical, Badri's had several moments where he's tried to monopolise the strike completely - hitting the ball out to the deep, starting for the first run and then turning back when he realized he couldn't get 2 to monopolise the strike with Karthik happy to play along with this farce. Some of the most painful, boring and generally disgusting cricket I've seen from both sides. If there is a thing such as karma, I hope Tamil Nadu get flayed in the semi finals.
vow.. Sir, where were u when yuvi was giving strike so SRT can score a century in chennai?? where were u, when dhoni was letting gauti n yuvi get a century n not pushin for a win?? i dont see any thread from you bashing them?? why is tht?? sick of these double standards.. and its not like he was lookin for his 100 at the cost of his team's victory....