Virat Kohli, our future batting stalwart and the future Indian Captain

Cricketics

The Virat Kohli Thread Ofcourse Badrinath has impressed lot of folkz and now people will hype him all of a sudden. but well i am not here to hype any player just starting this thread to make some sense. Virat Kohli really impressed me the way he was handling Mendis. he played his shots and was looking pretty good until he decided to play that shot where he got out. i think he can be a superv player and one to look out for i don't know why ppl are cursing Kohli, he wasn't the one who forced selectors to pick him. he got selected and was lucky. he hasn't scored any century or fifty yet, but his knock in 2nd odi shows he can bat. just watch out for this star

I have no probs with Kohli' date=' not his fault he got selected. But, by throwing him in like this, they have only made things difficult for him. All the best to him either way. Anyone who plays for India always has my wishes. :icflove:[/quote'] Even if Asif plays for Delhi? ok, thats not india , its just $IPL$ :haha:
Ofcourse Badrinath has impressed lot of folkz and now people will hype him all of a sudden. but well i am not here to hype any player just starting this thread to make some sense. Virat Kohli really impressed me the way he was handling Mendis. he played his shots and was looking pretty good until he decided to play that shot where he got out. i think he can be a superv player and one to look out for i don't know why ppl are cursing Kohli, he wasn't the one who forced selectors to pick him. he got selected and was lucky. he hasn't scored any century or fifty yet, but his knock in 2nd odi shows he can bat. just watch out for this star
hehe ... i think you are being quite credulous ... if you think players just get lucky and get selected. Its the BCCI we're talking about. I dunno if money makes the world go round, but it sure as hell makes the BCCI go around. Im not trying to accuse Kohli of anything (this is more in reference to that statement itself) ... but money is a powerful thing. If you think the selection committee isnt influenced by other factors ($$$) ... then you will probably believe that the BCCI is seriously looking out for Indian cricket, and is not simply interested in raking in some more cash.
Not impressed by Kohli needs another 2 years at least in FC. He is way to flashy and wafty outside off stump. He should not be in squad in any form of game from what I have seen. Needs to harden up and work on his game in FC cricket! Long way from being the real deal!
People have to do the FC cricket hard yards, learn the temperament etc. These days BCCI fashion is to let yengsters skip domestics and directly go to national team.
Not impressed by Kohli needs another 2 years at least in FC. He is way to flashy and wafty outside off stump. He should not be in squad in any form of game from what I have seen. Needs to harden up and work on his game in FC cricket! Long way from being the real deal!
yep i full agree with u..thats wat happened with Raina..he was picked too early he played well initially then lost his form and din know how to fite it out..and he had to grind it out in the FC level for 2 years..now he is much better..although the lapses in concentration are still there but he is looking gud now..Kohli has been picked early for that matter even Rohit..selectors never learn..i guess they get excited seeing a young talent and pick them immediately..i know v all do get excited to see a young talent coming thro but ultimately gud experience in the first class level wud hold the players in gud stead..not everyone can be like Sachin
People have to do the FC cricket hard yards' date=' learn the temperament etc. These days BCCI fashion is to let yengsters skip domestics and directly go to national team.[/quote'] This is something I have been saying for a while. We must stop picking kids and pick, seasoned, finished cricketers. Not players whom are still developing.
This is ideal, but I feel and have read that the BCCI feel that domestic cricket stagnates more than it develops talents and prefer to use U19 cricket as the scouting pool - a most troubling scenario.

I too agree with DSR.young batmen are rarely consistent -especially those who have not played first class cricket and had some good consistent scores over there-this baptism by fire rarely works and once they burn out and fall it takes a lot of time for them to get their confidence back.

Virat Kohli really impressed me the way he was handling Mendis. he played his shots and was looking pretty good until he decided to play that shot where he got out. i think he can be a superv player and one to look out for just watch out for this star
Agree. No doubt kohli is raw and needs a year or 2 of domestic cricket but he will come good. Comes across as such a calm player. Seemed a bit jumpy in the first ODI but you cant blame him after all it was his debut game. I just saw highlights of 2nd ODI atleast he highlights he looked far more comforatble than Yuvraj. No doubt he is one for the future.
I too agree with DSR.young batmen are rarely consistent -especially those who have not played first class cricket and had some good consistent scores over there-this baptism by fire rarely works and once they burn out and fall it takes a lot of time for them to get their confidence back.
thats true for any batsman remember Sanjay manjrekar