Dhoni: ?I?m not under more pressure?

Calcutta: Coach Greg Chappell believes his improvement, over the past year in particular, has been phenomenal (?one of the most improved anywhere?). Former captain Sourav Ganguly feels he?s the difference between the team he led in 2003 and the one picked for this World Cup. We?re talking of Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who is on the fast track to becoming an icon. ?It?s a boost that Chappell and Sourav have such a high opinion? It?s not putting me under more pressure though,? the down-to-earth Dhoni told The Telegraph. Incidentally, he?s beginning the World Cup as the No. 2-ranked batsman (behind Australia?s Michael Hussey) in ODIs. ?It?s nice, but nothing more as I?m not driven by rankings? More than rankings and awards, what?s important is consistency,? Dhoni said. For a while, of course, he?d been the No. 1 last year. The pinnacle was reached within 16 months of his debut, in Bangladesh. Dhoni didn?t have a great tour of the West Indies in the summer of 2006, but hopes to put to good use the lessons learnt on that visit. ?That trip was part of my education? Obviously, I?m looking to do better? Looking to make a bigger contribution?? ?Contribution? is a key word for Dhoni and nothing matters more than helping Team India make a big splash.

Re: Dhoni: ?I?m not under more pressure? I think his wicket keeping doesn't get noticed as much as his batting but I believe he is one of the best Wickies in the recent years. You don't usually see him dropping catches or missing stumpings. Guys like Gilchrist, Boucher are pretty over rated behind stumps. They can do blunders consistently but it usually goes unnoticed thanks to their batting prowess. Dhoni is a very good wicket keeper and India surely should be pretty happy not having to use someone like Parthiv Patel behind the stumps that used to cost a lot of games. We don't need to revisit his batting abilities anyways :hic:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Dhoni: ?I?m not under more pressure? Ravi wicket keeping not getitng noticed is good thing.. Sadly wicket-keeping gets noticed anywhere for wrong reasons only so let us hope his keeping enjoys this statusof inconspicuity forever. :wtg: