Its a bird!No,its a plane!No,its the MASTER BLASTER!!

Tendulkar is Virgin Comics ?super-hero? Bangalore, Mar 16: He has proved his mettle on cricket grounds across the globe, but Sachin Tendulkar is now all set to save the world from untoward incidents. No, if you are thinking Sachin is planning to change his profession, then you are wrong. Tendulkar is set to feature as the superhero, "The Master Blaster" in comic books, animation and games. Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Comics has decided to team up with Total Multimedia Limited to create Tendulkar?s unique character. "Sachin's success in cricket is legendary and we are delighted to collaborate with him to create this exciting new superhero for India," said Branson. Virgin Comics CEO Sharad Devarajan said: "Sachin is a living legend and the perfect choice to be immortalized as a new superhero character that will exist for generations to come". "I am thrilled to be working with talented creators at Virgin on the Master Blaster character. We have been working with Arif and the team at Total Multimedia over the last couple of years to develop projects in animation and gaming and the combined forces of Virgin will take this project to another level,? said Tendulkar. Virgin Comics Chief Creative Officer Gotham Chopra said that when two powerful brands like Virgin and Tendulkar collide, an iconic hero like Master Blaster is the result. "Sachin's unparalleled skill on the cricket field and his dynamic personality off it make for the raw elements of a great hero that will inspire kids across the planet," he added. Acclaimed filmmaker and Virgin Comics Co-Founder Shekhar Kapur added, "What more can I say about Sachin Tendulkar, but that I am an adoring fan. My respect for him goes far beyond the game of cricket. I am so excited to be associated with him in any way. I know that the 'Master Blaster' superhero will be an exciting, educational and uplifting entertainment character for kids of all ages." The first Master Blaster comic book is expected to hit newsstands later this year. http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?rep=2&aid=360410&ssid=43&sid=ENT

Re: Its a bird!No,its a plane!No,its the MASTER BLASTER!! i d have much rather that frank miller create some character, maybe let tendulkar reprise the role of the "punisher" for he certainly fits the mould of the lone warrior. or maybe something more zen, like the "peaceful warrior" who has renounced war and fighting but takes up his arms for a final, just cause and showers words of wisdom while wielding his willow or any other weapon of his choice.