'PCB calls Australians 'lily-livered cowards'

Feed

A senior PCB official accuses Cricket Australia of "double standards" as it uses one set of rules when it comes to poor Pakistan and another when it comes to India and the rich pickings to be made from the BCCI and IPL. More... PCB calls Australians 'lily-livered cowards': Report Press Trust Of India Melbourne, September 17, 2008 First Published: 11:36 IST(17/9/2008) Last Updated: 11:47 IST(17/9/2008) Pakistan's anger over Australia's decision to proceed with its Indian tour despite the serial blasts in New Delhi were so seething that a PCB official called the Aussies "lily-livered cowards", according to a report. "To talk simply of double-standards would be to understate what we feel. My personal view is that your people are a bunch of lily-livered cowards," a senior PCB official was quoted as saying by The Australian. "You use one set of rules when it comes to poor Pakistan and another when it comes to India and the rich pickings to be made from the Board of Control for Cricket in India and playing in the Indian Premier League," he fumed. PCB Chief Operating Officer Shafqat Naghmi had also accused Cricket Australia of "double standards" by deciding to proceed with the India tour while cancelling their Test tour to Pakistan early this year and objecting to Champions Trophy due to security reasons in Pakistan. "I think if Australia tour India it will only highlight their double standards on security issues," Naghmi had said. But Cricket Australia and Australian Cricketers' Association rubbished such accusations, saying the security situation in India and Pakistan were different.

why is PCB making so much fuss, US is bombing northern part of Pakistan, Bhutto one of the major leader was assassinated, Musharaf has multiple attempts on his life, correct me if i am wrong but a few attempts have been made on Zardari and the other baldy ex PM all in last one year. Who would want to tour a country which cant provide protection its state heads ?

During 97-98 time, India wasn't playing Pak due to political tensions and akram said " India are too scared of playing Pakistan" and now this comment Apart form these cricketers, I have noticed many matured pak men to sometimes act like 14 year olds with street side remarks with no responsibility at all No wonder, US takes them for a ride.

We were right not to tour Pakistan: Ponting http://beta.cricket.yahoo.com/cricket/news/article?id=item/2.0/-/cricket.indiaabroad.com/7b9a3000128e1c411d29f040e9f83450/ Indo Asian News Service, September 22,2008 Melbourne, Sep 22 (IANS) Australian captain Ricky Pointing said the deadly suicide attack in Islamabad justified their decision not to visit Pakistan for the bilateral series and the Champions Trophy. Cricket security expert Reg Dickason confirmed that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) wanted the Australian team to stay in Mariott Hotel, where a devastating bomb attack killed 53 people Saturday, during the Test and one-day tour scheduled for March and April this year. The tour was abandoned over safety and security concerns. South Africa and other teams pulled out of the Champions Trophy, scheduled Sep 12-28, also due to security reasons. The tournament had to be finally postponed by the International Cricket Council (ICC). 'It's devastating for the people involved,' Ponting said about the blasts. 'I mean, we would be talking hypothetically, of us being in the hotel or England or South Africa being in the hotel,' Ponting was quoted as saying in 'The Age' prior to the team's departure for the four-match Test series against India. Ponting said they were right to listen to the advice of Australia's security experts and the department of foreign affairs. 'It is an absolute shame that things like this continue to happen in Pakistan because, believe it or not, as players, you want to play in all the conditions around the world,' he added. If the Champions Trophy had been played as scheduled originally, the England and South African teams may have been at the Marriott Hotel when it was virtually destroyed Saturday.