How pathetic we all are...

I back Pakistan all the way. Most posters of ICF back India all the way. And all we look to for comfort today is each other's misery. I'm not trying to be holier-than-thou. I'll admit it, the pain of losing to Ireland is eased by India's defeat for me. I'm sure many of you are feeling a little less deflated because of Pakistan's defeat today. Just thought I'd mention how sad the whole scenario is.

Re: How pathetic we all are...

I back Pakistan all the way. Most posters of ICF back India all the way. And all we look to for comfort today is each other's misery. I'm not trying to be holier-than-thou. I'll admit it, the pain of losing to Ireland is eased by India's defeat for me. I'm sure many of you are feeling a little less deflated because of Pakistan's defeat today. Just thought I'd mention how sad the whole scenario is.
The only thing sad for me is that India lost in a pathetic manner. That said, we still have a scrap of a chance in this tournament, you have none, and that will cheer me up just as much as it would cheer you up had it been the other way round...

Re: How pathetic we all are... Youre right Kabulee it is kinda pathetic not half as pathetic as your batting lineup though :lmao: Im joking. its facked. i was hoping for ind vs pak in super 8's that would have been cracking... depressed

The only thing sad for me is that India lost in a pathetic manner. That said, we still have a scrap of a chance in this tournament, you have none, and that will cheer me up just as much as it would cheer you up had it been the other way round...
Agreed. In the end, there's nothing wrong with wanting the other team to lose. That's the nature of the rivalry. It's just sad that neither side has its own success to feel good about.

Youre right Kabulee it is kinda pathetic not half as pathetic as your batting lineup though :lmao: Im joking. its facked. i was hoping for ind vs pak in super 8's that would have been cracking... depressed
Damn right, we've been robbed of the pleasure we've had every 4 years since '92. That sucks...

Re: How pathetic we all are... no mate its not sad, tell u what, if today we would have been knocked out, same type of celebration would have been happening in paki forums and paki streets... atleast back in India, this would change pplz mind, atleast now this might change their mind of not burning any player's effigies or something...

To be honest I'm happy for Ireland but not happy about India losing today at all. Pakistan losing is not at all soothing for me. I wouldn't care the less if they won and made it to super 8s. Pakistan not doing well is not going to help me ease the pain of India losing to Bangladesh.

To be honest I'm happy for Ireland but not happy about India losing today at all. Pakistan losing is not at all soothing for me. I wouldn't care the less if they won and made it to super 8s. Pakistan not doing well is not going to help me ease the pain of India losing to Bangladesh.
It does a bit. A bit like a paracetamol for a gun-shot wound...

Re: How pathetic we all are... I have come to understand there is fair bit of animostiy between the supporters of India and Pakistan in England. There isn't here though COB. I've never come across a Paksitani over here. At times even though it is Paksitan some Indians tend to support Paksitan when they play against Australia in this part of the world.

Kabolee speak for urself While indian team sucks our ambition is not linked to how well we perform vs. Pakis becoz if we keep that as our goal we have no hope of escaping the 3rd world. No as in everything we have high hopes for ourselves and our team and whatever happens in your nether world is not of any concern to us.

I'm not trying to be holier-than-thou. I'll admit it, the pain of losing to Ireland is eased by India's defeat for me. I'm sure many of you are feeling a little less deflated because of Pakistan's defeat today. Just thought I'd mention how sad the whole scenario is.
It is sad isn't it? Look at it this way. Had there not been a Pakistan-Ireland match the Indians, in general, would be feeling so much more worse today. Similarly Pakistani fans would be feeling more inconsolable had there not been an Indian upset by Bangladesh. In a couple of days it would all hit home. When Pakistani team comes back(which seems almost certain at this time) and if Indian team does too, they would be welcomed by rotten tomatoes, chappals, gaalis and what have you. But for now it doesnt seem so bad...since the parosi has lost too. What is perhaps even sadder is that most of us cricket fans would still spend hours everyday following these bunch of loser cricketers. Most of us would still be putting our jobs, our aspirations etc on back burner and fighting to "defend" these overpaid joke of players. Indians would defend Sachin as the greatest bat in time while Inzzy would be defended as the man who really delivered under pressure. I have started to wonder if I put in that extra hour everyday to say a part time job wouldnt it make me more money(and save some heartburn too)? xxxx