The curse of Pakistan Cricket Team

Bumper

Chronology of lowlights in a little less than a year:

Loss to England 3-0 Darrell Hair Drawing ODI series vs England Inzi banned 4 ODIs (out of CT) YK appointed captain YK resigns, Yousuf appointed captain YK reinstated PCB chair issues statement on open religious exhibition Bob Woolmer demands performance bonus Asif, Akhtar dope exit from CT ICC CT early round exit Asif, Akhtar trial --Round 1 -> bans Asif, Akhtar appeal Round 2 -> Freed Saffie test series & ODI series loss Akhtar injured, fit & injured in the mean time Bob & Akhtar fight on TV Afridi banned. Asif injured Akhtar, Asif hidden drug tests Akhtar, Asif world cup selections Akhtar, Asif mysterious injury exit from the cup Razzaq injured out of the cup World cup exit.[/list:16fb236791] Phew! If i save a dollar every time, Pakistani cricket team makes news, i will be a millionaire in a few years time. Has any other team made so much news lately. Why do they always get in trouble ?

Re: The curse of Pakistan Cricket Team I think a lot of off the field issues have contributed to the dismal record recently. There is plenty to do for Pakistan in the near future. They have to get a good opener if not two. The middle order is good enough and they will need to persist. Stop investing time and money on prima donnas like Shoaib Akthar. Get the domestic cricketers on injury management training so that they don't miss out every other game due to injuries. I don't believe in changing coach and captain bringing better fortune but surely Inzi must have had enough of this job already. Younis Khan looks pretty keen and leads from the front. Get him in ASAP. Don't sack Inzi, keep him. He is a good bat still and can play for another year or so. For once I felt sad for Inzi. For some reason unknown I couldn't rejoice in his dismal failure. I hope this is not the last we have seen of him. He deserves a better send off. A top class batsman of this era and a gentle giant holding back tears answering some mundane questions at post match presentation. I was thinking why bother answer these questions. Just excuse yourself from the stupid conferece and try to relax. He is not going to be able to sleep well for days to come but time heals everything.

Re: The curse of Pakistan Cricket Team I really wonder how much the incline towards 'religious exhibition' has coincided with slide in performance on the field. I mean this team increasingly looks like a group of religious scholers or something who have arrived for a religion conference instead of a cricket team. Nowhere near the team under Wasim for example. :shrug:

Re: The curse of Pakistan Cricket Team Breaking News- Mo Yo reverting back to Yo Yo as he feels that the old god punished him for choosing a new god :lmao: It was a joke so don't get all uptight :wtg: Time to field a joint cricket team?--> Ind + Pak = chokers express

Re: The curse of Pakistan Cricket Team

I really wonder how much the incline towards 'religious exhibition' has coincided with slide in performance on the field. I mean this team increasingly looks like a group of religious scholers or something who have arrived for a religion conference instead of a cricket team. Nowhere near the team under Wasim for example. :shrug:
Totally agree. i thnk inzi is more interested in making the other players islamic fundies rather then making them better players. Look at this WC, inzi and rana went towards having the mullah beards joing mo yo in this. Pak teams of the past never had this OTT religious streak.

Re: The curse of Pakistan Cricket Team

Nightmare...but these are the times when the team really needs the support from their fans so even at this moment i still wholeheartedly support team Pakistan :wtg:
Good on you, MP ! You have my respect. It's a shame that our supporters are so incredibly fickle; no concept of loyalty or optimism.