Yuvraj working on developing physique

TaNk

Chandigarh: Unable to make the cut for the Indian Test team, dashing left-hander Yuvraj Singh is sweating it out in the gym to improve his fitness levels. While his teammates are slogging it out inside cricket grounds, the 26-year-old is busy "pumping iron in the gymnasium," said his father Yograj Singh. "These days he has been training hard to further improve his physique," Yograj said on the sidelines of a function on Wednesday. He said Yuvraj has been working out for six to seven hours every day as part of gym training, conditioning and running exercises. Yuvraj has been "building his forearms, biceps, triceps, doing bench presses and exercises to strengthen his leg muscles." "Soon, you will see a new look different Yuvraj altogether. He is undergoing this training programme under the guidance of two trainers under my supervision," Yograj, Test cricketer-turned actor, said. "I want to see my son with a physique similar to Viv Richards," he further said. The left-hander is known for his lusty hitting and people still remember him for hitting Stuart Broad for six sixes in an over at the inaugural ICC's World Twenty20 in South Africa last year. Asked for his comments on India's spectacular 320-run win over Australia in the second Test at Mohali on Tuesday, Yograj said "it was a great achievement and I am really happy".

LMAO ! Is this a REAL article ? Sounds like a complete wind-up. Yuvi beta, lifting weights will make you look good but they won't make you a better cricketer...
Who says he is doing this to be a proper cricketer ? He might have gotten film offers :haha:

dunno why everyone is bashing him for building physique?he's not making six pack abs.he relies on power n if he adds more whats the problem?muscles are not bad at all. matty hayden in a perfect example.he's a giant and also a very good bat. anyway its better than dancing on useless tv shows?:giggle:

Asked for his comments on India's spectacular 320-run win over Australia in the second Test at Mohali on Tuesday, Yograj said "it was a great achievement and I am really happy".
And I would have been even more happy, if my beta scored a hundred and picked up 5 wkts in that match... Never mind.. my puttar will be back in Test cricket with his new physique and give many more victories like this to India... My puttar is the next saviour of Indian cricket Yours humbly, Yograj Singh

Gymnwork...for faster footwork (think Flintstones style) and lightning batspeed (think helicopter blades), extra power (think cannonball) to hit the new or old ball out of stadium so it can be replaced, leaping catches as high as basketball slam-dunks, being able to save a cover drive from going to the boundary even when fielding at fine-leg (the man will be FAST), lapping the striker/non-striker when going for runs and most of all...shaming Shoaib Akhtar away from showing off his muscles (which will be puny in comparison) to Indian crowds...Super Yuvraj is coming!!! Good on you Yuvraj! Now get back into the side...a quadruple century is just around the corner.