Why so much fear for Lanka.

gator

This is a team we have beaten 9-2 over the past year.... why is there so much fear that, they will beat both Bangla and us... i find it weird, that their entry to super 8s is jus taken for granted by 99% here.... Bangla has a good chance of beating them, if they have beaten us and NZ... If yesterday's defeat was a good kick up our backside, we know we can beat em hands down..... we have not won by fluke against them.... 9-2 over a year clearly shows who is the better team by a mile...

Re: Why so much fear for Lanka. no Shwetabh.... i am in a dilemma whether to get annoyed with our defeat yesterday or the un-deserving and irrational respect and fear, most have for Lanka, who have been owned by us for over a year....

Re: Why so much fear for Lanka. since 1996 thanks to first a manjoy prabhakar special and then an eden gardens pitch special, we have owned sri lanka in the world cup. and victories have become more and more boombastic and resounding. in 1999 we knocked up our highest ever total (till date) against them but they were arguably going through their leanest patch. but the victory in 2003 was overwhelming. sri lanka were in top form, had handed defeats to south africa and co. but realed against an onslaught by srinath, nehra and zaheer.

Re: Why so much fear for Lanka. You can feel confident all right Gator but how about the players that have just seen the reaction of their beloved fans back home? Barring one or two players everyone will fear defeat now. When that fear comes in you lose confidence and usually end up playing like they did against Bangladesh. The past records simply does not matter.

Re: Why so much fear for Lanka. A big win vs Bermuda will undoubtedly raise morale. From that point on; it's theirs for the taking. I have absolutely no doubt that India will beat Sri Lanka, but in the current scenario it's just only the victory but the margin of victory which will count. So the pressure is raised ten-fold. Let's see if this Indian team with all it's superstars can rise to the occasion ? I strongly believe that if they can get past this hurdle; they will be unstoppable in the Super Eights. After enduring the pain of such a major setback, there won't be anything left to fear anymore. Hold your breath and hope for the best.