Sachin's interview on AIR

WTF comment of the week
Well... may be its a culture thing. I know its not a very pleasant thing to say or hear. But this more often heard in this side of the world... Thats why I'm so much against the Aussies, doing what they do and say they are absolutely right and its only us Indians who are taking it in a wrong way. Like their use of the F word, B word etc and saying that it was just a friendly banter and should be left in the field and all that non-sense.
Sachin' interview in on AIR now on NDTV. What a man? Such humility' date=' level headedness and composure. He's a role model on how to be a celebrity and still be a good human being. The gilly's and punters of the world - wake up and learn from the GOD. ...[/quote'] do you have link for that interview
Well... may be its a culture thing. I know its not a very pleasant thing to say or hear. But this more often heard in this side of the world... Thats why I'm so much against the Aussies, doing what they do and say they are absolutely right and its only us Indians who are taking it in a wrong way. Like their use of the F word, B word etc and saying that it was just a friendly banter and should be left in the field and all that non-sense.
I completely understand what you're saying but to be fair the Aussies are also the first to congratulate you and shake hands and compliment you if you're playing well. I mean it's natural to get a picture of the Aussies are sledging crybabies but then you see guys like Clark, Lee, Hayden, Ponting etc congratulating our players when they do so well. I really hope the Indian team doesn't focus on the negativity and play their game. We can't afford our best players like Zaheer, Gambhir getting bans and fines.
Well... may be its a culture thing. I know its not a very pleasant thing to say or hear. But this more often heard in this side of the world...
"cultural difference" does not excuse it. sorry, that was an over the top phrase in the OP. I request you to edit it out. Very crass.
Thats why I'm so much against the Aussies, doing what they do and say they are absolutely right and its only us Indians who are taking it in a wrong way. Like their use of the F word, B word etc and saying that it was just a friendly banter and should be left in the field and all that non-sense.
we dont have to take aussie cra.ppy banter as well - its just biased ICC which is letting them off the hook.
I completely understand what you're saying but to be fair the Aussies are also the first to congratulate you and shake hands and compliment you if you're playing well.
Are you saying Indians or players from othercountries dont do it? No... cricketers all over the world congratulate each other when there is a good performance. Aussies do it more animatedly so it stands out strongly. Others do it mildly and go unnoticed. Congratulating the opposition does give the aussies the right to sledge or provocate an opposition player into acting stupid. They did it again Baji and now Gambhir. They target the best player, the one who is more threatening and slowly work on his mind and get him out of their way by instigating him to do something stupid and get a ban. Let me put it this way - after provocating, insulting, instigating, and generally doing everything unsportmanly and then congratulate/shake hands at the end of the day, doesn't mean their sins can be pardoned. Its like loot, rape, kill as many as possible during the weekdays and goto church on sunday and wash off all your sins... Thats not ON mate.