Aussie over rate pathetic again, will nazi braod do anything?

Before we get carried away can we make certain what it is that's being alleged here? As far as I know it's a violation of the rule if you don't get through your overs during the day so it doesn't matter if you have slow over rates as long as you make them up later. Can anyone confirm whether Australia have indeed not bowled the mandatory overs so far in the series?

Before we get carried away can we make certain what it is that's being alleged here? As far as I know it's a violation of the rule if you don't get through your overs during the day so it doesn't matter if you have slow over rates as long as you make them up later. Can anyone confirm whether Australia have indeed not bowled the mandatory overs so far in the series?
I think they did fall short by one over even after a 30 minutes extension in the last match.
in the whole series aussies have not bowled mandatory overs, not even once
In accordance with the ICC Code of Conduct regulations governing over-rate penalties, players are fined five per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that amount. If the shortfall in Test matches is more than 5 overs, the captain will also be charged with a Level Two breach of the ICC Code of Conduct for deliberate time wasting. This will result in a disciplinary hearing with possible penalties of a fine of between 50% and 100% of his match fee and/or ban.
So with that in mind you would have to be sure Australia did actually fall short two/five or more overs rather than just being behind the over rate during the day.

Well the Aussies look to fall short today. 15 minutes left and 14 allocated overs left to go. Even with the spinners they'll fall way short. Although I don't know what happens if play is extended by half hour, does the penalty still come in then? I have to say it's been a very poor performance by Ponting and the batsmen apart from Sachin/Sehwag. Especially just before and after tea and the last hour or so Ponting has predominantly had to go with his useless spinners because of the very slow over rate and the Indian batsmen really didn't negotiate the innocuous spin as well as I had hoped.

Australia fall 9 overs short after the allocated time has run out. This exceeds the maximum of 5 overs so this now is an offense that can be fined and banned. The last time I remember Australia falling short was earlier this year when they were fined both in the Test and ODI matches against India. Surely Broad has to follow the example he set by banning Gambhir because it was a repeat offense. Ponting now has repeated the same offense three times in one year unless I'm overlooking something?

Again another example of how the Aussies maintain cleaner rap sheets than the Indians. Remember how much Ganguly got in trouble for slow over rates. A side with 2 spinners should not have over rates this slow. Of course the Aussies will get away with it, and then as usual theyll point to the Indians and say "Look how bad their record is". Same old , same old.

Again another example of how the Aussies maintain cleaner rap sheets than the Indians. Remember how much Ganguly got in trouble for slow over rates. A side with 2 spinners should not have over rates this slow. Of course the Aussies will get away with it, and then as usual theyll point to the Indians and say "Look how bad their record is". Same old , same old.
Hmm.. . I'm not sure about that. Australia were fined both in the ODI and Test matches on the India tour this year. We've gone past the 30 min extra in the days play and Australia still have 3.1 overs left of the minimum.
Aussies have had a poor over rate many times this series' date=' he hasn't done anything then, why do expect something from him this time?[/quote'] Again does anyone have facts and figures to back this up (like I showed in today's play?). Usually the way to tell is if the bowlers don't bowl with the 2nd new ball as the minimum overs account for 80 overs with the first ball and then 10 overs with the new one I think? And I don't remember the Aussies not being in a position to take the 2nd new ball when they were bowling so far? Again please let me know if anyone has any concrete info?

Ya...it's bad. 4 overs short today despite the extra half-hour. I must watch the old videos again of the Windies in their pomp...they were slow...but not as slow as this despite all the fast bowlers....I wonder why...what is the difference and why are the teams bowling so much slower today? (India too)

^^ They've had to use the extra half an hour every single day this series and even then the 90 overs haven't been completed
I see. Well that is most curious. I know that the referee does take into account the happenings of the day while making his decision. For example when fireworks went off and halted the days play for a while when SRT went past the run record. But I do agree that Australia have had to use the extra half hour a lot. Hm. . . This is the kind of the thing the BCCI should focus more on rather than they're ongoing political/powere struggles with the ICC/ICL and so on.
I see. Well that is most curious. I know that the referee does take into account the happenings of the day while making his decision. For example when fireworks went off and halted the days play for a while when SRT went past the run record. But I do agree that Australia have had to use the extra half hour a lot. Hm. . . This is the kind of the thing the BCCI should focus more on rather than they're ongoing political/powere struggles with the ICC/ICL and so on.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: That's so funny. I'm sorry. You expect BCCI to use their brains that exist in their oversized heads? Thats just too funny.