Inzi Retires from ODI's.

ali0786

JAMIACA: Pakistan cricket skipper Inzamam-ul-Haq has decided to retire from one-day international cricket. According to Geo news correspondent Abdul Majid Bhatti, Inzamam consulted his friends about his retirement after yesterday's defeat by Ireland with 3 wickets. Later he consulted his father, who advised him to retire from international cricket and resign from captaincy of Pakistani team. Inzamam said he would play Test cricket only as a player and resign from captaincy. He will announce his retirement from one-day international cricket and captaincy in coming hours. http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp#19620

Re: Inzi Retires from ODI's. Bad timing. He should not be worried about his cricketing career at this point in time as no one cares about it. He can do his announcing and indicate what he wants to do after the Woolmer instance is settled. For now he should just stop worrying about his career IMO.

Re: Inzi Retires from ODI's. I'm way too angry at Inzi at this point in time. Who the heck cares where his career is going at this point in time? Can't he allow some time for the sadness of the sudden demise of Woolmer to sink in before he goes around planning his upcoming cricketing career?

Re: Inzi Retires from ODI's. I hope so Yoda. I don't want to see Inzi that is so closely connected with Woolmer holding a freaking press conference discussing his cricketing career. Now is not the time and no one is going to be worried about his decision till about the time the selectors have to sit and choose team for the next series.

Re: Inzi Retires from ODI's. A bitter end to a roller coaster career....one of the great ODI players certainly.....might not be a good captain or a tactfull speaker...I liked his simple bumpkin personality.Could play tests I guess for as long as form and motivation permits.

Re: Inzi Retires from ODI's. This was all too much to take, and i think he just pre-poned the inevitable sacking he would have been dealt upon returning to Pakistan. He was an excellent ODI captain for Pakistan and has a decent record. Personally, i think Younis Khan would be a better captain - so there is a silver lining here for Pakistani supporters.

Re: Inzi Retires from ODI's. I can't really think of any other reason other than being "dumb as" for having even given a thought about his cricket career when your coach has passed away. Put yourself in Inzi's shoes and ponder for a moment will you be thinking you are going to hold a conference to announce your career plans? I am not sure if he did in a conference but if he did then I have not a cent of respect for Inzi.

Re: Inzi Retires from ODI's. I agree that it's silly to specially hold a conference (if held) to announce such meaningless announcement when cause of Bob's death ain't even confirmed. On the other hand imagine if he was told by General's (Mushy's) people that he better announce this before he gets publicly sacked or worse. What I mean is that in a country run by army you never know what happens behind the scenes. Plus he might know something we don't know and is scared for his own life. People have been calling for his head in Pakland. Maybe he is worried about his family and this way he wants to calm the angry fans.