Can SL qualify for the super 8

gator

I have always been annoyed with the fear and respect shown for SL on this board more than they deserve... Even in the last ODI series with them, people were scared of a brown wash, while we had dusted them in the earlier series. Now, apart from the fact, many think or make it look like it is an insurmountable task for india to beat SL.... I would like to feel the pulse again on how many think, if Bangladesh can upset India's applecart, why not SL's.... I feel, Bangles has 60% chance of winning against Lanka....

Re: Can SL qualify for the super 8

To keep a long story short; SL are sh*t, but Banglastan are even sh*tter. So yes, they will be shown their place.
Sounds a bit shocking when we realize India lost against Bangladesh. India must be the sh*ittest then Pred :lol:

To keep a long story short; SL are sh*t, but Banglastan are even sh*tter. So yes, they will be shown their place.
Sounds a bit shocking when we realize India lost against Bangladesh. India must be the sh*ittest then Pred :lol:
Since when does one match ever determine which team is better than the other ? Let's see the Bidis beat India over a 5 match series. If they can manage that, then i will happily acknowledge them as the better side. Until then, i will treat wins like these as one-offs; which is exactly what they are. Remember how they were demolished in the Natwest Series after beating Australia at Cardiff ?

Re: Can SL qualify for the super 8 I understand your view point but I personally have not watched Bangladesh over the year or so. From what I saw they have quality cricketers with aggressive attitude. We can't keep looking at the history and keep calling them minnows. I think they have come of age and can give a thrashing to India at times. The last victory was not a fluke in my books it was an easy victory. They also beat NZ in the warm up match and belive me when NZ plays they even take the backyard games with similar seriousness as an international one. I see a clear talent in batting, bowling and fielding departments in Bangladesh. India has plenty of experience and stats to show but lack attitude. Most come across as bunch of cricketers testing water in a club cricket game. Bangladesh looked to have treated India like a lowly opponent by the looks of it. They clearly outbatted India as they said prior to the game.

Let's see the Bidis beat India over a 5 match series.
If they do then you will say let them beat us over 10 match series :hic: I used to do that when I was a kid :lmao: I used to increase the "best of" until I got ahead and beat my friends :hic: I never liked loosing. Anyway bottom line is that we lost to them in the WC. It's irrelevant if we are better or not. On the given day that we had to perform we got TOTALLY OWNED! COMPLETE OWNAGE! :wall: :wall:

Re: Can SL qualify for the super 8 Slinger aint too better than munaf, aggy and renewed Zak..... I feel, SL will be shown their way out, IFF we discover our form and thrash em like we have been doing for the past coupla years....