Yet again, letz not forget the unsung hero..The highest run scorer in the series.

Cricketics

Opening has always been out biggest weakness. After the Gavaskar-Chauhan days, we never had a good opening pair. We always struggled with opening in test cricket and that was one of the biggest reason we kept losing for a long time. Now we have a very solid opening pair in Gambhir and Sehwag. Even Vijay is an excellent prospect in case one of these two are not available. We are now left with just one question- an all rounder.

Opening has always been out biggest weakness. After the Gavaskar-Chauhan days, we never had a good opening pair. We always struggled with opening in test cricket and that was one of the biggest reason we kept losing for a long time. Now we have a very solid opening pair in Gambhir and Sehwag. Even Vijay is an excellent prospect in case one of these two are not available. We are now left with just one question- an all rounder.
My opinion is ... and I have actually stuck my neck out and back this guy for a while and been plastered for it ... I know all the arguments against but still ... you can not look past Irfan Pathan!!! He shouldnt be picked this series, but he's the guy for the future as our all rounder.
Undoubtedly the most improved Indian player in the last year or so.Gauti' date='the 'Little Dynamo' deserves every bit of the accolades being poured on him.[/quote'] True. He is one the few"promising " youngsters who has succeeded and done that consistantly. He is a future "fab" guy.

He was my pick for the man of the series despite not playing the last test. With Sehwag not at his best at the start of the series, it was this guy's amazing batting which never let the Australians into the game. I think the hundred in the second innings at Mohali was the pick of the innings.....can't imagine the mayhem he could have inflicted on Krezja if he got going.