Yusuf Pathan... The REAL Pathan!!!

rahulrulezz

Why are some of us Indian fans so fickle? Today he'll fire, and you will all sing his praise, and tomorrow he'll fail and you'll kick him when he's down. Yousuf Pathan should NOT be in the team. Our team balance isn't right, we have too many 'flash' players and few who can buckle down and weather a storm. We don't need another slogger - we already have Yuvraj and Dhoni who can turn it on at will, along with Raina, Sehwag and Gambhir up the order. We need a Dravidesque batsman who will keep one end going but without losing his wicket. I may sound like a broken record here but that is Subramanium Badrinath. Rohit Sharma shouldn't be in the team, nuff said.

Why are some of us Indian fans so fickle? Today he'll fire, and you will all sing his praise, and tomorrow he'll fail and you'll kick him when he's down. Yousuf Pathan should NOT be in the team. Our team balance isn't right, we have too many 'flash' players and few who can buckle down and weather a storm. We don't need another slogger - we already have Yuvraj and Dhoni who can turn it on at will, along with Raina, Sehwag and Gambhir up the order. We need a Dravidesque batsman who will keep one end going but without losing his wicket. I may sound like a broken record here but that is Subramanium Badrinath. Rohit Sharma shouldn't be in the team, nuff said.
lol see your reasoning... its coz of ppl like you we used to suck pre 2000 and had such a defensive and boring team......team which can barely make 250.... ODI team waw full of Dravidesque batsmen...jus coz Pathan can score quickly, it means that he is a slogger and "flash player" and shouldnt be team.this way Sehwag, Dhoni would never make it to the team....i rather have Pathans 50 in 25 balls than your Draviesque like players 35 runs in 70 balls... the reason India is emerging out to be the best team and other teams fear it coz every player is each others BAAP... if you get Sehwag out, there is Gambhir..if you get both out then Raina and then Yuvraj and then Dhoni and then Yousuf Pathan..if any two of them click, Voila 300 is right there..... there were those days in Indian team when after a loss of a wicket and your dravidseque like players used to take 8 overs to settle down and loose down the match

Erm, I think you are forgetting that Dravid was the best finisher ever for the Indian cricket team and of course 'Mr. Dependable' in times of trouble. I'm not expecting a 35 off 70. More like a 60 off 80. We've all seen Badrinath play in the IPL. He was Chennai's unsung hero - whenever we lost our openers early Badrinath came in at 4 and steadied the ship. He would then open up, in about an over or two, and eventually get a very good 50 off 29 or so balls. He's a fantastic batsman who's averaged well over 50 in FC cricket, 40 in List A cricket, and has been in the circuit for 8 years. He's a much better fielder then Yousuf Pathan (he's about a Rohit Sharma) and his bowling is equal to that of Yuvraj Singh. Imagine this situation. We are 70/5 in the 16th over. Would you rather a slogger in Yousuf Pathan comes to the crease or a guy like Badrinath is there to see you through? Badrinath>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yousuf.

Erm, I think you are forgetting that Dravid was the best finisher ever for the Indian cricket team and of course 'Mr. Dependable' in times of trouble. I'm not expecting a 35 off 70. More like a 60 off 80. We've all seen Badrinath play in the IPL. He was Chennai's unsung hero - whenever we lost our openers early Badrinath came in at 4 and steadied the ship. He would then open up, in about an over or two, and eventually get a very good 50 off 29 or so balls. He's a fantastic batsman who's averaged well over 50 in FC cricket, 40 in List A cricket, and has been in the circuit for 8 years. He's a much better fielder then Yousuf Pathan (he's about a Rohit Sharma) and his bowling is equal to that of Yuvraj Singh. Imagine this situation. We are 70/5 in the 16th over. Would you rather a slogger in Yousuf Pathan comes to the crease or a guy like Badrinath is there to see you through? Badrinath>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yousuf.
:hysterical: I see that Subranamanian Badrikanth's wife has registered on the forum...welcome Mrs. Nandini. Enjoy your stay here at ICF, we look forward to seeing you pimping your husband's case to the posters...

lol see your reasoning... its coz of ppl like you we used to suck pre 2000 and had such a defensive and boring team......team which can barely make 250.... ODI team waw full of Dravidesque batsmen...jus coz Pathan can score quickly' date=' it means that he is a slogger and "flash player" and shouldnt be team.this way Sehwag, Dhoni would never make it to the team....i rather have [b']Pathans 50 in 25 balls than your Draviesque like players 35 runs in 70 balls... the reason India is emerging out to be the best team and other teams fear it coz every player is each others BAAP... if you get Sehwag out, there is Gambhir..if you get both out then Raina and then Yuvraj and then Dhoni and then Yousuf Pathan..if any two of them click, Voila 300 is right there..... there were those days in Indian team when after a loss of a wicket and your dravidseque like players used to take 8 overs to settle down and loose down the match
He has done it once in international cricket. Even afretad has done better. Yup a defensive and boring team that was able to chase down the highest score in ODIs at that time. Not to mention that we fans have really short memories.

you not gonna like my statement but i never rated Dravid high in ODIs..yeah he was good but i wont take him in my ODI side... he is one of those guys who needs a good partner with him to keep up with the runrate... coming at number 3, you cant have a strike of 70...compare that to Pontings 80 strike rate or Gambhirs or Sachins High 80s....unlike Sehwag, Sachin, Gambhir, Dhoni and Yuvraj, dravid couldnt score runs on his own.. max he will take you is 230/240... he is a legend of a player in Test matches but in ODIs, he was just a ok/good player...

Y.Pathan... coz if he clicks final score will be 260 and India will win.. but with Badrinath, if even if he clicks, max will be 150 allout with Badri being not-out (taking singles and exposing the tail)... and Yousuf is not a slogger...

I love how 1 year ago many people here were like lets get young guys in the team , lets get young guys in the team ... groom youngsters ... groom youngsters. 1 year later, we have youngsters like Rohit Sharma who have obvious talent, and we start looking at their stats. LOL. He is only 21 years old and has only played international cricket for a year. Give the guy time , he is a future talent.
People like Badrinath, Kaif and Uthappa are more deserving of a place.

^ Badrinath ... yes, Kaif ... yes ... Uthappa ... no. He has a glaring weakness in his technique which is that shuffle across the stumps as the bowler releases the ball. As a result he not only exposes himself to LBWs (which has been a problem for him at international level before) but also he then tends to not move his feet as much when playing his shots. To his credit, he has already admitted he needs to work on this but he has been struggling with this at international level. I dont see him as being a better batsman than Rohit Sharma. Its just my opinion, but Rohit Sharma to me ... seems the complete batsman. He just needs to work hard and get some big scores under his belt to gain confidence. He has all the other attributes to be an absolute star. I have said this before, but I'll say it again ... I havent seen a batsman have so much time to hit the ball like Sharma. He just seems to have that extra half a second and plays his shots with such ease ... as if its a little game of backyard cricket for him.

whatelse is a better sight than watching Freddie Flintoff in a full flow..today he bowled his heart out and bowled continously above 143 and troubled all the Indian batsman..... Pathan had to play Freddie in 37th over and had he lost his wicket, India would have lost by DL method..Freddie bowled Fast Yorkers, Bouncers in that over but Pathan played the over safely and also hit him for two clever Fours..... the "slogger"(term used frequently about Y.Pathan) didnt loose his cool and exceptionaly well with Dhoni... shows that the guy can play in crunch situations ....

whatelse is a better sight than watching Freddie Flintoff in a full flow..today he bowled his heart out and bowled continously above 143 and troubled all the Indian batsman..... Pathan had to play Freddie in 37th over and had he lost his wicket' date=' India would have lost by DL method..Freddie bowled Fast Yorkers, Bouncers in that over but Pathan played the over safely and also hit him for two clever Fours..... the "slogger"(term used frequently about Y.Pathan) didnt loose his cool and exceptionaly well with Dhoni... shows that the guy can play in crunch situations ....[/quote'] YP is a cool customer no doubt about that....:hatsoff:

where are all those haters who wanna have Overhyped Ravinder Jadeja over Y.Pathan......Yousuf Pathan is a MUST for our ODI and T20 team..... One of the best Genuine-Matchwinner.... People say it was Watson and Tanvir but IMO it was Y.Pathan who was responsible for the sucess of Rajasthan Royals last year..... this year its only coz of Y.Pathan, R Royals won all their matches...