Strategy for tomorrow

kabira

First of all lets hope that motu can win the toss and bat first... Out of last 10 D/N ODIs at PE, there has been equal wins for batting first and second.. Last time our team was not able to chase modest score of 240 odd against Kenya..Kenya choked us to death.. South Africa has lost only 1 ODI out of last 10 D/N ODIs. This was against Pakistan. Pakistan scored huge 330+. Thats what we should aim and thats our only chance. For that we should bat first...and open with Motu and Dhoni...play out 2 overs quietly and than let hell break loose on SAcans....Both go berserk...lets say one of them gets out...we send Pathan in and he does same thing... first 20 overs our target should be 140 odd...from there on Sachin, Mongia and whoever is still there out of Sehwag, Dhoni or Pathan should play sensibly..another 10 overs only 50 runs..by milking the attack.. so we will have 190 in 30 overs..and from there on we could score 110 in last 20 overs.. Thats only way we can win..batting first and scoring big...Last time South Africa chased 270 against strong England team.. Good Luck to motu...hope he can turn things around..

Re: Strategy for tomorrow i would be more worried about our bowling at the moment, cos the batting is beyond help.... from 70/6, if we had sealed them for 110, which is wat all normal teams do, then we would have won in a canter and our batting would not have looked so bad..... i am worried what will happen wen smith and gibbs hit form..... watch out for a 400....

Re: Strategy for tomorrow thast what I am saying...lets not even talk about our bowling.. our batting looks crap becoz no one has fire...we can always put money on our batting than our bowling.. I would open with Sehwag and Dhoni and blaze away...bat SA out of the game, where our bowlers even if they try their best cannot help SA to win..

Re: Strategy for tomorrow my strategy would be to open with jaffer and dravid and see of polly...if thy dont, send laxman in at 3.... polly is the main threat... he keeps getting these opening bursts tht from there on, it is catch-up.... keep sachin, sehwag, dhoni, karthik and pathan from 20th over and give them license...

Re: Strategy for tomorrow gator, that will not work..key is to attack polly...defending aint gonna cut it.. Last ODI he was gifted with wickets..Sehwag getting out to long hope..and Sachin pullling straight to square leg.. Dravid is not there and cant expect Jaffer to do much.. we have won games when we have started off very well...and thats how you can beat SA here...

Re: Strategy for tomorrow I disagree I_E, Bhajji did have bad game..but he is crucial to our chances..On slow PE pitch he is automatic choice...if and only if Dravid would have caught that tough chance off Bhajji when Kemp was in his early tens..we would have won the game..

Re: Strategy for tomorrow From what I've seen in last two games he does not seem to have no bearing on any batsman.Compared to him Kumble and Mongia have been economical . Mongia got a wkt the other night. PE is more seamer friendly if not as bouncy.Bhajji does good when there is bounce in pitch(not so if its slow) which was there in first two games yet guys read him like a book! With Mongia we have a bating option as well (at least on paper).