ESPN Star Sports win TV rights for Champions League

Sachinism

ESPN STAR Sports (ESS) has announced a series of innovative new features for viewers of the Champions League Twenty20, after being appointed the preferred bidder as the long-term global television production partners for the tournament. For the first time, a sporting event in the Indian subcontinent will be broadcast in High-Definition, while a record number of cameras will cover every match when the tournament begins on Wednesday 3 December. Chairman of Champions League Twenty20 Lalit Modi said: “We are very pleased to award the global production rights to ESS. Over the years, ESS has produced and presented the game of cricket in a manner that is truly Gold Standard. “We are confident that with many new innovative and unique features that ESS had planned for the inaugural Champions League 2020, fans across the globe can look forward to the most compelling and riveting action on television.” ESS will have as many as 34 cameras at each venue to cover all the games - the highest number of cameras used to cover any multi-venue cricket tournament to date. It will include aerial views with Fly cameras, a boundary side field camera to showcase fielding and a new mid-wicket camera position to highlight running between the wickets. Super Slo Motion cameras will be at every game with player and umpire microphones, new dugout and crowd cameras and ESS will also unveil a new range of statistics specifically tailored for the Twenty20 format. Manu Sawhney, Managing Director, ESPN STAR Sports, said: “Champions League Twenty20 is the marquee global tournament where only the top Twenty20 club teams from top cricketing nations qualify and as a one of its kind international tournament, we are committed to setting a new benchmark in the way cricket will be produced, presented and distributed across the globe. “With the phenomenal success that we have had with the inaugural ICC Twenty20 World Cup last year, we are confident that we will be able to take this exciting Champions League Twenty20 to new heights as well. This world-class event will further reinforce ESS’ position as the number one choice for cricket fans for years to come.” ESS recently acquired exclusive global commercial rights of the league for a period of 10 years after a successful bid. The Champions League Twenty20 acquisition further strengthens ESPN STAR Sports’ position as the Number 1 broadcaster for cricket in Asia, with a comprehensive schedule of international cricket. ESS also holds the exclusive global telecast rights by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for all ICC events till 2015, and features international and domestic cricket from its exclusive broadcast deals with Cricket Australia and England and Wales Cricket Board.

any idea of who's gonna show it in the UK?
No idea, so far nobody has claimed it or maybe nobody has bought rights yet I hope its not Setanta, I don't want to subscribe to them, too much head-ache to unsubscribe Hopefully it'll be Sky Sports or better yet some channel on terrestrial tv lol

No idea, so far nobody has claimed it or maybe nobody has bought rights yet I hope its not Setanta, I don't want to subscribe to them, too much head-ache to unsubscribe Hopefully it'll be Sky Sports or better yet some channel on terrestrial tv lol
Oh ya, I had to subscribe to Setanta for the IPL, it was a pain. Sky will show it most likely because Middlesex are in it and they r meant to be promoting domestic cricket.