Why do western countries whine about conditions in India, whenever they lose

putrevus

Playing here is completely different to playing in England," said Pietersen. "The ball doesn't swing seam or bounce here, it's a totally different game. Why is it Everyone from english players and media use this term when team loses, this happens constantly from visiting teams only when lose.They tend to divert from the fact that they got beat, When teams from sub-continent lose over in england we never hear the same reasons. When you are playing overseas the conditions will differ from country to country, as professional cricketers are you not supposed to adapt in playing in different conditions.We never hear this term when the visiting team wins or they end up on top. I am sick and tired of hearing these words from these morons .These morons especially from England Australia use this term especially when they lose, when they win they never use that term, when Aussies ended with upper hand after Bangalore test , they never used this term but as soon as they lost in mohali out came these from words, it tough to play in heat and all that crap, the conditions are poor and all that nonsense. we never heard of dehydrating or weight loss when all those guys played in IPL and also when they win they are ready to get all the glory but the moment they lose it is all about the tough conditions not due to their inability to win. Peterson comments about how they won 4-0 against SA in getting tiring move on from that series win, you lost this series 4-0 and you might be brown washed 7-0 and you still hanging on that series.You have three players including you who can play and you expect to win series against India in India.

They're all a bunch of *bleep bleep bleep bleeping bleeps* They feel they're supposed to have conditions like back home for them everywhere Don't they understand thats the test to see how good you actually are If they're not good enough to adapt to these situations, then they should just sit at home and watch cricket on the TV

When Goran Ivanisevic lost to Leander Paes in India, he also had blamed the conditions. I was quite young then and had believed naively that Indian conditions may not be suitable for Lawn Tennis as we did not have too many great players. Ivanisevic of course was very annoyed with the crowd apart from other things.

Pietersen said England attack lost its firepower in India's placid tracks. According to him, the Indians are generally vulnerable to swing and bounce but the tracks here were quite unresponsive. How can he forget so soon that India beat England in england in swinging conditions in test match which had jelly beans incident, So if Indians are vulnerable to swing , so were English players when it was swinging as we saw in that match.

Come on guys, let's not be so negative. Peterson also said repeatedly that they have been beaten by a fantastic Indian team numerous times and was full of praise for our batsmen. He also said in a BBC interview that "There's no better place to play cricket than in India to be totally honest with you, . . . . it's such a great place to play cricket." http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/7743359.stm

Was talking to a friend on chat and guess what he has to say about the Aussie's poor first innings performance against NZ in the just concluded test match... "They were returning from India after playing in flat tracks, and they dint have time to adjust to the swing and bounce at Gabba" C'mon mate.. gimme a break. This is their home turf and you need time for them to adjust to their own conditions!!! Now they hav started blaming Indian conditions for their poor performance at their own backyard... The three countries ie Australia, England and South Africa have always complained about Indian condtions and facilities. According to me its all excuses. This year in Feb, I was in Sydney watching one of the ODIs in the CB series. Having watched cricket in Indian grounds and now at Sydney, I could easily compare both. IMHO, the conditions in terms of heat, humidity and also the facilities in the ground etc were nothing better or slighly poor compared to the ones that I have seen and experienced at Chennai and Bangalore. Some might argue that these are Test centers in big cities and conditions may not be the same in smaller centers like Coachin, Rajkot, Indore etc. Well I can also say the same about conditions in Hobart or Canberra, which are smaller centers in Australia. Comparing Sydney with Chennai and Bangalore is fair I think and on that count Sydney is no better than these two Indian cities.

Was talking to a friend on chat and guess what he has to say about the Aussie's poor first innings performance against NZ in the just concluded test match... "They were returning from India after playing in flat tracks, and they dint have time to adjust to the swing and bounce at Gabba" C'mon mate.. gimme a break. This is their home turf and you need time for them to adjust to their own conditions!!! Now they hav started blaming Indian conditions for their poor performance at their own backyard... The three countries ie Australia, England and South Africa have always complained about Indian condtions and facilities. According to me its all excuses. This year in Feb, I was in Sydney watching one of the ODIs in the CB series. Having watched cricket in Indian grounds and now at Sydney, I could easily compare both. IMHO, the conditions in terms of heat, humidity and also the facilities in the ground etc were nothing better or slighly poor compared to the ones that I have seen and experienced at Chennai and Bangalore. Some might argue that these are Test centers in big cities and conditions may not be the same in smaller centers like Coachin, Rajkot, Indore etc. Well I can also say the same about conditions in Hobart or Canberra, which are smaller centers in Australia. Comparing Sydney with Chennai and Bangalore is fair I think and on that count Sydney is no better than these two Indian cities.
:two_thumbs_up:

well indians use indian pitches and indian conditions far better than any "Well Reputed" int team, not saying its wrong, but losers do need to find something which didnt suite them to blame on, rather than accepting their failure to adopt right techniques to play on these pitches and in these conditions.

Not all of them are like that but a lot of them expect to hear their accent in India. They want food habits they have to also be available in India. They want the weather in India to be like they are used to in their home country. They even want people in India to dress like the ones in their own country. They want playing conditions in India like the ones they have back home. They want grass and soil to be of the same type they have back home. When none of these match (naturally of course) and they lose they take it easy saying the conditions are different. If they win, then all hell breaks lose and they will behave as if they have won the world over. When India wins overseas it's not to be counted of course, they have to do it otherwise they are not good enough outside. It's the typical attitude they show all the time. Noting changes with these blokes.

I think a lot of players touring India find it difficult because of security, media and fans surrounding them all the time. When Team India was in Melbourne they would often go to KFC in the city or just go for a walk near yarra river. They are able to relax and walk around freely but thats not possible in India. I was in India for 5 weeks and I was sick for 2 weeks. So saying that everything is fine in India is not right. Its a tough place to tour and very different as compared to Aus NZ or Eng IMO. Most Aussie players in India fell sick and a lot of them lost 5-10 kgs just because of illness (and maybe heat ) Having said that , I find it amusing that these players dont complain about Indian conditions when they are playing IPL or are there to promote their books .

I think a lot of players touring India find it difficult because of security, media and fans surrounding them all the time. When Team India was in Melbourne they would often go to KFC in the city or just go for a walk near yarra river. They are able to relax and walk around freely but thats not possible in India. I was in India for 5 weeks and I was sick for 2 weeks. So saying that everything is fine in India is not right. Its a tough place to tour and very different as compared to Aus NZ or Eng IMO. Most Aussie players in India fell sick and a lot of them lost 5-10 kgs just because of illness (and maybe heat ) Having said that , I find it amusing that these players dont complain about Indian conditions when they are playing IPL or are there to promote their books .
The beggars that they are, they will lick Modi's shoes if need be for IPL selection. I can't talk enough of how low Aus would stoop for IPL - they act so differently than when playing in a Test or ODI series vs India Cmon, Drop all the Aus players from IPL, and lets see some drama!!! Drop them, I say.
They are miserable losers! Even Shoaib Malik doesn't make an excuse and whine about pitch. He simply says straight forward like "We are Professional" and "Losing is part of the game" and "We tried our best" and "We hope to improve our game in next game"
:cantstop::cantstop::cantstop:
Not all of them are like that but a lot of them expect to hear their accent in India. They want food habits they have to also be available in India. They want the weather in India to be like they are used to in their home country. They even want people in India to dress like the ones in their own country. They want playing conditions in India like the ones they have back home. They want grass and soil to be of the same type they have back home. When none of these match (naturally of course) and they lose they take it easy saying the conditions are different. If they win' date=' then all hell breaks lose and they will behave as if they have won the world over. When India wins overseas it's not to be counted of course, they have to do it otherwise they are not good enough outside. It's the typical attitude they show all the time. Noting changes with these blokes.[/quote'] You are spot on , every idi*ot in their media make it point to say Indian dont play well overseas and when it comes to their team not doing well then it is always about tough conditions.This is hypocrisy at its best. I have not heard from any so called expert when it comes to a sub continent team losing in say england and Australia putting blame on conditions for the loss.When loss occurs they are ready to jump on the inability of sub continent teams to play in tough conditions where ball is doing a bit. When the same thing happened this week in Gabba it was almost comical to hear these Idiot experts putting it on their team playing in Indian pitches for last five weeks for their flaws. When Indians lost in Melbourne last year everybody was writing off the team and never thought may be Indians didnt have time to adjust to the different pitches overseas. They were singing 4-0 white wash.
You are spot on , every idi*ot in their media make it point to say Indian dont play well overseas and when it comes to their team not doing well then it is always about tough conditions.This is hypocrisy at its best. I have not heard from any so called expert when it comes to a sub continent team losing in say england and Australia putting blame on conditions for the loss.When loss occurs they are ready to jump on the inability of sub continent teams to play in tough conditions where ball is doing a bit. When the same thing happened this week in Gabba it was almost comical to hear these Idiot experts putting it on their team playing in Indian pitches for last five weeks for their flaws. When Indians lost in Melbourne last year everybody was writing off the team and never thought may be Indians didnt have time to adjust to the different pitches overseas. They were singing 4-0 white wash.
What are you talking about? When India or Australia lose in England, yes, it is said it's because the swinging conditions are very difficult for batsmen and they say it because it's true. It's no different than Peterson saying now that the conditions are different in India (ie no swing, but spin). WTF is wrong with saying that? If you're paranoid and negative then you'll find things in every article, in every report to validate your opinion and ignore the counter evidence when it's staring at you in the face when guys like Peterson repeatedly say India is a fantastic place to play cricket because of the atmosphere etc etc. As a matter of fact, if you listened at all to the BBC pundits leading up to the series all of them were in unison saying that India is a mecca for cricket because of the crowds, that atmosphere and the fans. But I guess it's easy to ignore that when you've an axe to grind.
What are you talking about? When India or Australia lose in England, yes, it is said it's because the swinging conditions are very difficult for batsmen and they say it because it's true. It's no different than Peterson saying now that the conditions are different in India (ie no swing, but spin). WTF is wrong with saying that? If you're paranoid and negative then you'll find things in every article, in every report to validate your opinion and ignore the counter evidence when it's staring at you in the face when guys like Peterson repeatedly say India is a fantastic place to play cricket because of the atmosphere etc etc. As a matter of fact, if you listened at all to the BBC pundits leading up to the series all of them were in unison saying that India is a mecca for cricket because of the crowds, that atmosphere and the fans. But I guess it's easy to ignore that when you've an axe to grind.
There is no axe to grind, talking and praising about crowds and atmosphere has got nothing to with whining about playing conditions, why the f** k you think I am paranoid, listen to what Geoff boycott had to say about on BBC Former England batsman Geoffrey Boycott says the current team must not try to make excuses for defeat in the one-day series with India after losing the first four matches. I am not the only person who thinks they are making excuses, if you dont like it I cant help it.

When Indian teams of the past play in england Australia etc, there are not just cricketing skills they need to adjust. There are a host of oher things they have to put up with. Here are my 2 cents. 1. The food. There used to be a no. of vegeterians in our team in the past and the host country made no attempts to provide them with the food of their choice. They had to eat whatever crappy veggie food that was available, which might leave them feeling not so fit during match days. But I've never heard of any indian cricketer from the past complaining about this rather mention it as one of the chellenges while playing abroad. Whereas the aussies or english will eat kebabs, fish etc, fall sick (not because the food is of substandard quality, but because they had not been used to that kind of taste and preparation) and whine later as if we purposely made them eat those foods in an attempt to make them sick so that we can beat them. 2. Some of the English (or Kiwi) summer days are like peak winter days in India. Our batsmen had to wear 3 to 4 layers of clothing when they take the field. This will naturally affect their stroke making and bowling actions, as they would have always worn just a t shirt or utmost a sweater back in India. So, going to England/NZ and playing with about 2 kgs of extra clothing on you doesnt make life easy. And still our Indian players have always mentioned that as yet another challenge and never complained that they lost the match because of that. 3. Up until 90s England never had proper fencing in their grounds and even during the 1999 WC you can see spectators running into the playing area after the wining runs were scored or last wicket was taken. There were quite a few instances where some players might have got injured trying to evade the rushing mob of English hooligans. But our Indian players just took it as a pleasant thing - one of those interesting experience of playing in England. Never once we complained about it. Can you imagine same thing happening in Indisa and how the English or Aussie players would complain if they were touched by any indian spectator running into the field?