Breaking News: Bombay UNDER Control

veer

Any language experts? Did he sound indian or an imposter who was pak?
not a language expert but at first instance yeah that accent souned more like an paki accent rather than indian muslim accent dunno how hyderabadis or gujju muslims talk but havent heard any muslim from mumbai sound like that that muslim voice sounded similar to how inzi talks

not a language expert but at first instance yeah that accent souned more like an paki accent rather than indian muslim accent dunno how hyderabadis or gujju muslims talk but havent heard any muslim from mumbai sound like that that muslim voice sounded similar to how inzi talks
I have lived in Gujarat for most of my life and have lot of muslim friends. I can confirm that this is not how a muslim from Gujarat speaks Hindi. The way we they speak Hindi is indistinguishable (regardless of religion, the accent is same, albeit use of some urdu words). If you have ever heard Pathan Bros giving interview in Hindi, you will know what I am talking about, This bastard's accent certainly sounded non Indian.

the guy on the phone used some strong urdu words, and seemed to have an accent of that a Pakistani Punjabi. But he also used hindi words as well like balak and vidhalaya(videshalaye?).But the use of the 'hai','aya' at the end of the sentences was a little strange as well but seemed to reading from a script non-stop $0.02

Must be the worst hostage interview ever! Both journalist and interviewee seem to be blabbering. Also considering the conversation lasted 7 full minutes I would be absolutely gobsmacked if the call is not traced in entirety(normally 30 seconds is enough to do that). The accent is heavily Kashmiri-Punjabi, preferably the border area between India/Pakistan. The language used is Urdusque with Punjabi twang but what is a dead give away is the sheer coldness by which it is said. My personal experience says a Punjabi's (Pakistani or Indian) speaksque at such a time would be more agitated, more threatening but the cool, calm and yet so cold word is a dead give away that this man is a Kashmiri(could be Indian Kashmiri or POK).

the guy on the phone used some strong urdu words, and seemed to have an accent of that a Pakistani Punjabi. But he also used hindi words as well like balak and vidhalaya. But the use of the 'aya' at the end of the sentences was a little strange as well but seemed to reading from a script non-stop $0.02
Correct. Who in their 20s speaks words like "vidhalaya". I can bet most will call it as school or college or university. The words he was speaking certainly looked scripted.

Correct. Who in their 20s speaks words like "vidhalaya". I can bet most will call it as school or college or university. The words he was speaking certainly looked scripted.
Many still do. Kashmiris speak a lot of pure Hindi, mainly due to the influence of Kashmiri Pundits whose Hindi would shame a Bihari. I am not at all surprised to hear that word being uttered. Not saying this guy is not saying words from rote and all that. Man it bothers me how little Indians know of India these days.

Must be the worst hostage interview ever! Both journalist and interviewee seem to be blabbering. Also considering the conversation lasted 7 full minutes I would be absolutely gobsmacked if the call is not traced in entirety(normally 30 seconds is enough to do that). The accent is heavily Kashmiri-Punjabi, preferably the border area between India/Pakistan. The language used is Urdusque with Punjabi twang but what is a dead give away is the sheer coldness by which it is said. My personal experience says a Punjabi's (Pakistani or Indian) speaksque at such a time would be more agitated, more threatening but the cool, calm and yet so cold word is a dead give away that this man is a Kashmiri(could be Indian Kashmiri or POK).
Hmm.. could be pakistani kashmiri.. but he sure didn't sound like an Indian Kashmiri to me.. (having lived there for 5 years)

Many still do. Kashmiris speak a lot of pure Hindi, mainly due to the influence of Kashmiri Pundits whose Hindi would shame a Bihari. I am not at all surprised to hear that word being uttered. Not saying this guy is not saying words from rote and all that. Man it bothers me how little Indians know of India these days.
Pardon my limited exposure to Kashmiri Pundits. I don't know how they speak.