Ganguly should not play against SL

He was playing today as if he is a school boy..and playing against Best bowler in the world.. it was downright pathetic...to have a SR of less than 100 ...and on top of that... poor fielding... i sense some kinda conspiracy... i am sure..Ganguly was either get out cheaply...or will have a SR of 60 for his 50-60 runs...or will drop 1-2 catches... its better to play Karthik....in place of Ganguly in our next match

Re: Ganguly should not play against SL I don't think his inning against BD or the one today was special. Especially the one against BD. RD has been criticised in the past for shutting shop and batting when we collapsed so why not SCG? He was painfully slow that day. Thank god for Yuvi. But I wouldn't advocate for his dropping. Atleast we have an opener who is scoring consistently.

Re: Ganguly should not play against SL I would excuse him mate. He is the only one at the top that has runs to show consistently. Fair enough he has been a tad slow but in the end it did not really matter. This team needs more solidity at the top than flambuoyance. Also the ball was doing fair bit at the start of the day. It is not like he didn't try to accelarate but it just didn't work for him.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Ganguly should not play against SL

Ganguly did play surprisingly slow today but I guess he was asked to hang around....he looked like upping the ante but got out...I would not read too much into it.
never mind some guys here are just ........... :wall:

Re: Ganguly should not play against SL Gangully is the only batsman who has played consistently for last 4-5 innings. He plays his role perfectly. I dont see any reason he should change his style. We have enough strong hitters in the team and dont need one in Gangully. He just have to play that anchor role. Good going Gangully :wtg:

Re: Ganguly should not play against SL As I understand, Ganguly's role is to provide a solid platform and he has fulfilled it to perfection over the last few matches. We scored 413 FFS and people are still complaining about slow batting. You need a solid platform and wickets in hand to go for a big score when batting first.

As I understand' date=' [b']Ganguly's role is to provide a solid platform and he has fulfilled it to perfection over the last few matches. We scored 413 FFS and people are still complaining about slow batting. You need a solid platform and wickets in hand to go for a big score when batting first.
This match yes. Last match he had a SR of 51. He did not provide a solid platform going at 3 RPO.

This match yes. Last match he had a SR of 51. He did not provide a solid platform going at 3 RPO.
Okay, last match he was a bit slow but at 157/4 we were well placed for 230. IMO, he had done alright till then but the manner in which he threw away his wicket immediately after Yuvraj was disappointing from such an experienced player.

Okay, last match he was a bit slow but at 157/4 we were well placed for 230. IMO, he had done alright till then but the manner in which he threw away his wicket immediately after Yuvraj was disappointing from such an experienced player.
Well the manner in which they(including Gang) initially batted against BD left no choice for both Yuv and Ganguly to go slogging. 150 odd at 42nd over didn't look good and hence they went for 230 plus score.

Re: Ganguly should not play against SL Ganguly is scoring runs, thats the key & he does so, as an opener in these tricky WI pitches. Am not worried about his strike rate, as it is ok for his position in the batting order in these conditions. The key to big totals is a SOLID START. The last two games are fine examples. Against BD, we lost too many early wickets & struggled to reach 200. Today, we were 153/1 at the 25 over mark. We scored a whooping 263 runs in the last 25 overs, all because of the start we got. Am worried more about Uthappa & Sehwag. Uthappa hasnt had a decent innings yet and sehwag's law of averages suggests, failures in the next 10 innings I expect us to either hammer the Lankans in a one sided game or lose in a tight game. We wont win a tight game vs the Lankans. Sehwag and/or Uthappa must have a good game vs Lanka for us to advance, otherwise we will struggle. We need them and Dhoni to shock the Lankans out of the game.

Re: Ganguly should not play against SL Ganguly's batting since he returned : 98,13, 68,62,48,58*, 66 and 89 I nother words, 8 innings, 502 runs @ 71.71 with 6 fifties and one near miss. All at the strike rate of 73.28. Seriously, lay off of him. He's doing very well indeed.