Terrorism, radicalization, Taliban, Kashmir yada yada

Dhondy

Don't forget tomorrow's schedule. Daily Dharna outside 7 Racecourse after breakfast at Chez Louis, followed by tea and bridge at the Taj and finally some random shouting outside the SC Judge's house who wants that innocent angel Guru hung. Ta-Ta!
u forgot the ladies club meeting on how to make vada, how to exploit the hubbies, in the agenda..

Given fineleg's logic' date=' I'm sure it does not have any problems with Indian politicians, RSS,VHP and Bajrang Dal apart from few bad eggs and that we shouldn't condemn the above based on the few bad eggs.[/quote'] Gambo, I don't think that's what she means at all. This is one of the rare occasions when you have ended up on the wrong side of the argument. Is passivity a crime? I don't think so. In most cases, passivism is prompted by fear and the desire not to get involved and endanger one's peace of mind rather than silent acqiescence with perpetrators. Just curious, knowing what I do (and nobody else does) about your roots, why did you take up BB, DR and DSR's side in this argument?

Gambo, I don't think that's what she means at all. This is one of the rare occasions when you have ended up on the wrong side of the argument. Is passivity a crime? I don't think so. In most cases, passivism is prompted by fear and the desire not to get involved and endanger one's peace of mind rather than silent acqiescence with perpetrators. Just curious, knowing what I do (and nobody else does) about your roots, why did you take up BB, DR and DSR's side in this argument?
What arguments that? That we should be proactive in doing something about indians dying. That we should not brush under the carpet and stick our heads in the sand that their is a fundamental islam problem thats causing these deaths. We have to worry about foreign fundamental islamists and home grown jihadis who have caused carnage this year with many innocent indians dying due to these home grown jihadis

Dhondhy is another appeaser. Do nothing brigade. Interested in only typing PC words. Prefers for political correctness to be intact rather then actually dealing with the problems at hand. We havbe a big problem with fundamental islam in India, its growing fast. Do we sit back and do nothing? or do we actually face the problem and try to stop further attacks by jihadis in India. We need to confront the propblem. I assume you are fine with groups such as SIMI? As we can't infringe on their right to freedom of speech can we!!! What was wrong with the nazis? They had an ideology they believed in and I assume the PC brigade had no problems with them. Current nazis should not be targeted as well or monitored if we are being consistent. Nor the klu klux can. They have their beliefs as well, cant believe peope object to their idogies as well. They should have just called themselves a religion and then they could have carried on unchecked by the saviours of civil liberties brigade.

dsr, surely you can see the flaw in your own arguments? SIMI != Indian Muslims Nazis != Germans Agree?
No I never said that. I have not said arrest every muslim. I am saying that there are is a problem with fundamental islam in India and around the world. To deny this is ignorant or either a case of sticking head in sand or just pretending this is not the case so they can maintain their PC stance. SIMI has wide backing amongst indian muslims. There is also certainly an islamic fundamental problem in India, do you agree or deny? Nazis at the time in WW2 had massive backing and no doubt included the vast majority of germans. The germans changed to a certain extent after this and learnt their ideogy was wrong(only after massive war). Can muslims do the same?

the sinners are dead....now they don't feel a thing...could of tortured them before' date=' which i am sure is being done to that one poor bastard still a live..he will be wishing his death...do what you want to do with them...but i suppose their bodies are not tempered with like you guys suggest, not cuz their body needs all the respect but it questions the respect other civilized nations show you. that is why indian government will never do any such things.[/quote'] What does that make Pakistan? Those people who mutilated the bodies of Kargil heroes ? Sick bastards!

I think its already been made clear to keep religion out of these threads.
why MM?? It will be a joke that while we face a national calamity with religion at its center, the very cause of a tragedy should be kept out of a thread discussing the tragedy.

why MM?? It will be a joke that while we face a national calamity with religion at its center, the very cause of a tragedy should be kept out of a thread discussing the tragedy.
man, if u want to bash a religion, u can bash hinduism.. dont talk about islam the holy grail, here....

Guest dada_rocks
Too bad the wrapping of religion for an out and out war code was master stroke.. Someone shoudl have told Hitlar to call his NAzism new religion I am soure still we wud have had temples around the world worshipping hitler

Gambo, I don't think that's what she means at all. This is one of the rare occasions when you have ended up on the wrong side of the argument. Is passivity a crime? I don't think so. In most cases, passivism is prompted by fear and the desire not to get involved and endanger one's peace of mind rather than silent acqiescence with perpetrators. Just curious, knowing what I do (and nobody else does) about your roots, why did you take up BB, DR and DSR's side in this argument?
Dhondy, I am catching Arundhati out on it's double standards and hypocrisy and nothing else. If you noticed, I didn't say anything about Indian Muslims. People of Arundhati's ilk really irritate me and their inability to make allowances for group A which they wouldn't for group B is what angers me. Regarding my roots, I try and keep an open and balanced mind(not being very religious helps), l still believe I am secular somewhere inside but that doesn't mean I won't admit that there is a problem.

Guest dada_rocks

Talking of Arundhati Roy.. there seems ot ebs thg sick with Booker prize and first time indian author winner.. before I say anythign about this new author.. you know in the final shortlist they had one novel which was nothign but rank derogatory to today's India and there was another novel Opium War which exposed british and their sickness in India and Chian.. no marks for guessing whcih one won....by now everyone knows.. This chump Adiga or whatevr his name in his article yesterday said the party in power hindu nationalist shiv sena stands to gain out of it and they might have organized it.. These days the moment I hear Booker I start yawning....it seems only goal of Booker body seems to eb give some respectabvility to India loathers..

Gambo, thanks for explaining things. But "it"? Oh dear....what has Fineleg done to you?

That is one side of the proverbial coin. The other side: Indian muslims (one can include kashmiris and muslims elsewhere) act as a feeder to rogue organizations like SIMI, Al Quaeda, etc etc. WHY? Muslims are the only ones suffering as a community? Everyone understands that there are extremists and moderates in all religions. But why are the extremists from muslim community the only ones willing to do the unthinkable?
If I knew the answer to that, there wouldn't be an extremism problem in the world. However, I have a very simplistic view of this. This is a war of the haves v alleged have nots. Extremist Muslims obviously feel they have lost the war of proselytization to Christians, and with it the financial benefits that have accrued to the first world. Note how, within the sands of the richest Arab states, there is very little extremism?

Thanks for chiming in doc. Lets see if atleast you can articulate the above better than what I did. Since I dont know Gambo's roots, the latter question (in red) can be attributed perhaps to the sarah-gambit-palin aunty taking up a side just for the sake of picking an argument.
Enjoyed the Arundhati aunty bit though!:--D
thanks for helping clarify with gambo/bb/dr/dsr brigade, daadaji :D

Gambo' date=' thanks for explaining things. But "it"? Oh dear....what has Fineleg done to you?
How abt "Sachin Tendulkar is a batsman like any other, and should not be treated like God or given special excuses for being allowed to play carrying an injury" That would be one for the starters - the brigades which he leads, called "Feel positive on Ind. cricket brigade" :haha: and "throw-the-trash-at-anyone-saying-negative-on-Ind-cricket brigade" Those have irked gambo enough :haha: